Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ek77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-933.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

From Pinballnews.com discussing "Experts of Dangerous":

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/newgameroundup.html

"No pricing or predicted availability has been announced yet, but in an apparent bid to get the ball rolling faster once the design and coding is complete, Skit-B has contracted manufacturing of the game to Jersey Jack Pinball in Lakewood, New Jersey."

Congrats JJP and Skit-B!

#2 9 years ago

Oh crap...this is going to get ugly real fast. I'll start the popcorn now!

#3 9 years ago

You don't read the other Skit-B threads, do you?

#5 9 years ago

Nope, didn't know it was reported already. Sorry about the dupe.

Dave

#6 9 years ago

Funhouse 2.0 will be built there too

Woz delays are due to flakey parts vendors

As long as the parts get to the factory the pins should be assembled no problem

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Nope, didn't know it was reported already. Sorry about the dupe.
    Dave

wading through many pages is a pita to find nuggets of good info

I'm glad this tidbit has been brought out

#8 9 years ago

When a post is 14 pages deep, it does not exist to 99% of the people on the forum. Thanks for giving this its own thread.

#9 9 years ago

As the world turns.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I thought Funhouse 2 was just a kit to add to an existing game not a remake.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballpete:

I thought Funhouse 2 was just a kit to add to an existing game not a remake.

I heard this as well.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

When a post is 14 pages deep, it does not exist to 99% of the people on the forum. Thanks for giving this its own thread.

I posted it mainly so that people could see SkitB's response (halfway down the page) to some of the arguing that that was already going on over it. Now you don't have to wade through fourteen pages to see it.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I heard this as well.

Ok...I didn't really see anything on fast's site one way or another

I just thought since it was going to be "built" at a pin factory and planetary is involved too, it would be a full pin

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

image-933.jpgimage-933.jpg

#15 9 years ago

This event is going to beat out Man of Steel as the most confusing "movie" ever made

#16 9 years ago

People wont be getting predator anytime soon then.

#17 9 years ago

Who's going to manufacture jjp games then?

#18 9 years ago

JJP is outsourcing to Stern and the circle is complete !

#19 9 years ago

^now that's funny

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

JJP is outsourcing to Stern and the circle is complete !

No way.

After all the insulting Jack did to Stern, there is no way in hell Stern will do work for him.

Remember when Gary had to walk out of Jack's speech?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Well, we all have I kidd I kidd.

#22 9 years ago

I thought Gary's microwave ding'd???

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No way.
    After all the insulting Jack did to Stern, there is no way in hell Stern will do work for him.

Sorry, bad joke.
    On second thought, it may solve some of JJPs ongoing issues with production.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No way.

That was years ago, apologies were made, and it's water under the bridge, why dig that up now!

#25 9 years ago

How is Predator getting built?

What's the timetable on Predator?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

That was years ago, apologies were made, and it's water under the bridge, why dig that up now!

I dig, I dig....

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

I thought Gary's microwave ding'd???

His is on the bottom shelf with the sign not to put food in it.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

How is Predator getting built?
    What's the timetable on Predator?

These are questions you can never get an answer to?

Much like FCC and UL compliant or not? Although who and when is building it is a much bigger issue.

Since I haven't received a refund I assume I'm still in and have the ability to pay whenever.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Much like FCC and UL compliant or not?

1/2 compliant?

Maybe all the parts are FCC and UL registered (power supply, motherboard....), but the sum of all the parts has not been tested as a unit.

You have probably noticed how often a Wall Wart will be a different brand than the device it powers, even when the device is a VERY brand name device.

That is because the Wall Wart already has UL certification, and since it puts out low voltage (like 19v for a laptop), the laptop itself does not need to be sent in to be certified.

#30 9 years ago

I have my own issues with JJP and Jack and how they've done business, and I was never in on WOZ. I hope they pull their shit together, I hope Hobbit ships well, I hope they stay in business and we see Pat's game #3.

Thing is, as much as they seem uncertain, they have a freaking factory, and what does Skit-B have? How long do you really thing it's gonna take them to build all those Predators by themselves? If I was in on that I'd take JJP over some garage personally.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have my own issues with JJP and Jack and how they've done business, and I was never in on WOZ. I hope they pull their shit together, I hope Hobbit ships well, I hope they stay in business and we see Pat's game #3.
    Thing is, as much as they seem uncertain, they have a freaking factory, and what does Skit-B have? How long do you really thing it's gonna take them to build all those Predators by themselves? If I was in on that I'd take JJP over some garage personally.

No kidding - it took me a long time just to wire up a VP cab.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Or hire out Ben and Charlie's crew! They must be hitting their stride by now.

Yeah Vid, maybe FCC is no big deal or there is an exception here. I know Rick and Jack went through hell to get it.

#33 9 years ago

Ok color me confused. Is Skit B having JJP build Predator or just game #2? I read the other thread page 14 and still am sitting here

#34 9 years ago

just game# 2 Billy. They are doing Predator in house.

#35 9 years ago

Artuno, the guy who is doing Captain Nemo is only building 14 units so he claims he and his wife are doing the build out and will take 8-12 weeks to complete the 14.

What is the timetable/production schedule on Predator? Anybody have a clue? Has Kevin put this out?

#36 9 years ago

with 200 WOZ to complete and another 1500 Red Games and Standards and Hobbits 1500
    when will these get done!

No time soon

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

with 200 WOZ to complete and another 1500 Red Games and Standards and Hobbits 1500
    when will these get done!
    No time soon

Jack has said there is about 86 LE's left

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Jack has said there is about 86 LE's left

US LEs...

#40 9 years ago

shouldn't they do/built predator first?

let's talk about game #3.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol. Have they even sold 15?

10 confirmed. Hehe

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol. Have they even sold 15?

Seemed to be plenty of interested schmucks at the time it was announced...

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Seemed to be plenty of interested schmucks at the time it was announced...

Not really. I know of only one guy that has bought one or upgraded and he is doing for his kids i think. Not much interest at that price with minimal upgrades. It will be truly limited.

Maybe things will change when production is complete

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

Not quite.

WOZ delays were due to suppliers not getting paid. I head JJP was being sued by one supplier based in NJ, and another supplier elsewhere.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noodlebox:

Not quite.
    WOZ delays were due to suppliers not getting paid. I head JJP was being sued by one supplier based in NJ, and another supplier elsewhere.

Your in Australia. Yet you are more dialed in on gossip than the USA about JJP.

I call bs.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I call bs.

Tons of rumors flying around. Some I believe some I don't. Btw, it's only 1-3 seconds latency to Australia via the internet.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I call bs.

Call it what you want. Many guys in the USA wear rose tinted glasses when they read up on WOZ/JJP. My sources transcend geographic boundaries, phone calls and email are cheap. Plus years as a business consultant let me "see" JJP's business form and management weaknesses, most can't be seen with any type of tinted glasses on one's nez.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Or hire out Ben and Charlie's crew! They must be hitting their stride by now.

Yeah Vid, maybe FCC is no big deal or there is an exception here. I know Rick and Jack went through hell to get it.

I think Skit-B should use Charlie as they can build to demand. With JJP I think they are going to need to pre sell a bunch to establish demand and then there are questions about logistics and when JJP can fit the games in, if ever. With Charlie they may need a pre order of 100 and that probably takes Spooky what 3 months? With JJP, I assume we are back to a big pre sell to fund the game and they may need to hit a much larger target of maybe 500 games. I do not see many people lining up to give $6K or whatever to skit-b with JJP making the games. I do not see JJP making the games up front to be paid at a later date.

All the best to Jack, but I do not see him filling the WOZ LE orders prior to starting the Hobbit and then Pat Lawlor's game should be next year. I do not see a visible path to success, unless somehow those lines can start moving faster and WOZ orders can be complete by early October so Hobbit can be put on the line for the November release. Then what happens?

1 month later
    #50 9 years ago

I still take all the start up's you hear about with a grain of salt for the lack of shipped games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-has-contracted-jjp-for-manufacturing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.