Capture.JPG
photo.PNG
MR4DERj.jpg
image-955.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-198.jpg
image-814.jpg
image-233.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

Don't be surprised if they pull off Iron Maiden.

#88 10 years ago

I agree with PinB. Pee Wee pinball machine. I believe Paul Reubens created the character and owns the rights. He would likely be very involved - and it would be an epic game.

2 weeks later
#158 10 years ago

I'm thinking either Robot Chicken as the creators would want to be all in and involved. Have many vehicles to help promote. Nerdy as shit. Or maybe something Sega/Nintendo flavored - a cornucopia of hits.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everything in Robot Chicken is a parody of an existing property. You can get away with parody on a TV show...but for a licensed product might be a bit of a legal nightmare.

Fair point. I don't get that law. Ok to sell commercial time for content that is a parody of an existing property, but not a product. But then again, how did weird Al get past this?

Ask Seth Green next you see him. Anyone ever look at the list of celebrities that have helped write and provide voice for these skits? Impressive.

#188 10 years ago

Bill & Teds Excellent adventure, Pee Wee or Robot Chicken. Meets the criteria for people who would want maximum involvement and promote it. Do I hear a no to all 3 Ted?

1 week later
#259 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

- License is more of a "personality" than it is a group of famous actors.
- License holders are directly involved in the theming, ruleset, & build.
- License holders will help promote as they "are pushing for more & more & more exposure."

Every time I read this I think Robot Chicken. The license is the personality, the holders Seth Green and the ex-Toyfare editor are super involved, and they have tons of actor friends who lend their voices. I do believe parody law would allow them to do this as well. As set forth by the dumb Starbucks Coffee precedent as - coffee is art. So is Pinball.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhochman/2014/02/09/fake-starbucks-in-los-angeles-tests-parody-laws-as-coffee-lovers-laugh/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-2nd-game?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.