Capture.JPG
photo.PNG
MR4DERj.jpg
image-955.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-198.jpg
image-814.jpg
image-233.jpg
There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 9 years ago

At one point it was stated that owners of Predator would have the first option to buy on game #2, as far as matching #s if they were numbered, simiar to what JJP is doing with WOZ and Hobbit. I believe that the owners were requesting this, it wasn't something initially offered up by Skit-B but was agreed to since there was the demand for it. Is this still going to be in play considering "this game will be handled with a completely different model than previous efforts"...?

#702 9 years ago

So is EoD going to be a cross between Weird Science and Junk Yard?

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So is EoD going to be a cross between Weird Science and Junk Yard?

I took it to mean:
Crash Test Dummies Fight Back .... at least thats what I understood as the theme.

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

No, sir, you didn't miss anything. Just to clarify some things that were either unclear or deliberately omitted:
The new game is NOT based on Mythbusters or related in any way other than the fact that it shares the main stars of the show.
The Funhouse 2.0 project is a joint project between Planetary, Fast and Skit-B. We are designing and coding the update, Fast is providing the hardware and Planetary is providing licensing support. It is an upgrade for the existing machine and, to my knowledge, there are no plans to remanufacture the Funhouse machines at this time.
We have partnered with JJP for the assembly of Experts of Dangerous ONLY. Meaning not only are they not assisting with any other project we are involved in, but we are also supplying them with all of the parts and hardware to be assembled when the time comes, for which most of the hardware is pre-existing, tested and true. The partnership between Skit-B and JJP is born of the need to inherit each others' strengths and push our hobby to unforeseen levels of quality in the most timely manner possible.

That's great news on FH, hope it develops.

#705 9 years ago

Experts of Dangerous... my great great grammer is rolling in her gravy, but the who maybe will stick with names Yoda approves. We'll have to see while waiter.

(sorry, the name has got to be fixed )

#706 9 years ago

The theme though looks awesome, I can't wait to see how it's used. The idea of smashing and bashing things up with a steel ball, with the humor of the mythbusters guys has HUGE potential.

The effects could be epic, and the toys... oh think of the toys I like it, a lot

(seriously though, consider a naming competition here on pinside)

#707 9 years ago

Experts of Dangerous is already a brand thing. Therefore, I doubt the name will change.

You can see it referenced here on a t-shirt:

http://www.mythbusterstour.com/shop

#709 9 years ago

It stems from their line, "We're what you call 'Experts'".

#710 9 years ago

Yup. I just posted this on the other thread about it.

Quoted from blondetall:

After looking at the video and remembering all my hours of watching Myth Busters, the name makes sense. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them:
(gathered from a larger list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126/quotes )

Adam: Remember, don't try this at home.
Jamie: We're what you call "experts".

Jamie: [in anticipation of a massive explosion] Jamie wants big boom

[discussing the lethality of paper-mache arrows]
Adam: Just thinkin' this one through from a mechanical standpoint... I'd be totally pleased with two inches of penetration.
Jamie: Generally, I prefer a little bit more.

Adam: [holding a floatation barrel] The only thing we're told we can't do is burn them, blow them up, or lose them!Salvatore: Has he watched the show?

Adam: Well, hopefully that's our job, to strap rockets onto everything!

#711 9 years ago

happy mythbusters is getting a pin.
it's a non-starter for me.... given it's a JJP manufacturing line.
They can't / won't manage their production line properly.... so; Guess skitB won't get any of my money.
Moving on

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

They can't / won't manage their production line properly.... so; Guess skitB won't get any of my money.
Moving on

At least they have a "line" to build something…..

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Moving on

That's great. Kevin I'll take the game he won't be purchasing and I'll do support on it gratis . Hell I'll help you code it.

#714 9 years ago

I think Kevin's got code under control.

#715 9 years ago

Will this be an EM? Was it ever stated whether Skit-B will be using a DMD for their 2nd pin (EOD)? I can see that they were able to render screen shots of Predator on their first pin, but if this 2nd pin is NOT "MythBusters", where will they get the screen shots to render a DMD screen? It would be kinda cool for this 2nd (EOD) pin to be an EM and focus all mechs on the playfield with out distractions of a DMD. Just a thought...

#716 9 years ago

Lol, no way!

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It would be kinda cool for this 2nd (EOD) pin to be an EM and focus all mechs on the playfield with out distractions of a DMD. Just a thought...

What's next, rotary phones?

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will this be an EM? Was it ever stated whether Skit-B will be using a DMD for their 2nd pin (EOD)? I can see that they were able to render screen shots of Predator on their first pin, but if this 2nd pin is NOT "MythBusters", where will they get the screen shots to render a DMD screen? It would be kinda cool for this 2nd (EOD) pin to be an EM and focus all mechs on the playfield with out distractions of a DMD. Just a thought...

#719 9 years ago

Better news that Skitb isn't taking money for EoD til they're ready. Now, when will that be, as that time falls in line with PRED being completed. ( see what I did there?)...

There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-2nd-game/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.