Capture.JPG
photo.PNG
MR4DERj.jpg
image-955.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-198.jpg
image-814.jpg
image-233.jpg
There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
#601 9 years ago

Ok, after pondering this, I do think that this game could be far more timeless than a pin branded by a tv-show that probably doesn't have too many years left in it. So it could make for a very good "original" theme, which happens to have a couple of known personalities on it.

I do think though, from a business standpoint, this will be a tough roll uphill, and the game will have to be stellar, and they can't count on selling many until the first ones roll out and are wildly received (see AMH).

#602 9 years ago

Nice to see someone thinking creatively about pinball themes. I'm sure this partnership will provide lots of material for an interesting pinball machine.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Damn. Was hoping for a remake with this. It's pretty hard to find a nice condition FH.

You never know! I think it will be a long wait time though...

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

What? No Kari?! Bummer man

There I fixed it
mythbusters_pinball_skit_b.jpgmythbusters_pinball_skit_b.jpg

#605 9 years ago

No other EOD pictures?

#606 9 years ago

Mythbusters.....

Will they sell more then 5 pins worldwide?

I cant believe how these companies pick their themes.

#607 9 years ago

Mythbusters ......they make things explode and shoot things and prove myths ....... what could be cooler.......

#608 9 years ago

I can see the tag line on the promo flyer now, "Mythbusters: even cooler than Wheel of Fortune!"

#610 9 years ago

This could be really cool. Looking forward to more details.

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Mythbusters.....
Will they sell more then 5 pins worldwide?
I cant believe how these companies pick their themes.

This from the planetary culture critic who brought you the "No Dutch person likes Big Lebowski" insight.

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

This from the planetary culture critic who brought you the "No Dutch person likes Big Lebowski" insight.

Elephants that can fold their arms are pretty cool though.

#613 9 years ago

Have the pictures and the introduction trailer of "Experts of Dangerous" that were shown today in the seminar been shared to the internet yet?

#614 9 years ago

I think it has potential to be a cool theme though I have never watched he show. I'm interested in seeing some playfield design.

#615 9 years ago

A lot of confusion/ potential misinformation out there right now. Would be nice for Skit B to come in and clarify the basics of this. Starting with, is it a Myth-buster theme or an original theme featuring Adam and Jamie?

#616 9 years ago

It is not Mythbusters. It is Experts of Dangerous featuring Adam and Jamie.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

It is Experts of Dangerous featuring Adam and Jamie.

Somehow not the same draw as Scared Stiff featuring Elvira......

#618 9 years ago

Good to know, wish we could get people to stop referring to it as the myth busters pin.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

It is not Mythbusters. It is Experts of Dangerous featuring Adam and Jamie.

Awful title....then again, it will HAVE to be an amazing pin...it won't sell pre-orders, IMO.

#620 9 years ago

20140712_155645.jpg20140712_155645.jpg
I had some shirts made for CAX, wasn't happy with the size the printer ran with but oh well.

20140712_155639.jpg20140712_155639.jpg
#621 9 years ago

Nice shirt. Excited to see more about this table. Mythbusters is a great show and some unique science effects and physics could make this game a hit

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

...wish we could get people to stop referring to it as the myth busters pin.

I suspect the SKIT B team are happy for us to keep referring to it as MYTHBUSTERS...proof their evil plan's already working

#623 9 years ago

Experts of Dangerous isn't even good grammar. Experts of Danger sounds better imo and doesn't seem to be claimed by anybody else.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Experts of Dangerous isn't even good grammar. Experts of Danger sounds better imo and doesn't seem to be claimed by anybody else.

I'm going to go out on a limb and posit the grammar is used knowingly.

#625 9 years ago

Whoops, nevermind, I retract that criticism, the name appears to already be associated with Adam & Jamie in a way that predates the pin...

http://www.trademarkia.com/experts-of-dangerous-85495135.html

Apparently a reference that would mean something to mythbuster super-fans.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

#626 9 years ago

Well, now that things are becoming more clear... Mythbusters is owned by Discovery Communications Inc, so this deal allows them to not have to make a licensing deal with DCI.

Part of me also suspects that Adam & Jamie are looking past Mythbusters towards their next thing, so this helps with establishing their brand outside of Mythbusters.

#627 9 years ago

Could be a fun pin... Really depends on how it shoots and ruleset.

That said, I don't give 2 squats about game #2 till game #1 is shipped.
Rubber hit the road for buyers on Predator. Now it is time for the rubber to hit the road for Skit-B. 2 weeks since paid up. I thought we were going to get final emails and more updates now as things progress?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#629 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said, I don't give 2 squats about game #2 till game #1 is shipped.

Agree on this. I am totally done with "pre-order this game" and "while you wait, take a look at game number Y". Over it completely. Build and ship the first game (emphasis on ship) and then introduce the next one or ones.

Not blaming anyone other than myself. My decision totally. Hindsight is perfect. Never again.

#630 9 years ago

I was unable to get the stream. Could someone explain the JJP connection?

#631 9 years ago

I didnt get to see the stream either, but just from comments here it looks like JJP will be building the second pin in their factory. Which, hate to say, immediately makes me not interested at all in anything to do with it. I've said multiple times that we almost bought our first pin from Jack, one of the last 5 WOZLE to be built. That was June 2012, and if we had done that I STILL would not have a single pinball machine or be so frustrated that I would have gotten a refund and quit the hobby. I have no desire for him to see any of my money, even through way of Skit-B. Maybe we'll get more precise answers on this after Kevin gets back home.

#632 9 years ago

Interesting....

#633 9 years ago

I'm curious how JJP can commit to running a 4th project on an assembly line that can't get their first game out the door...

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm curious how JJP can commit to running a 4th project on an assembly line that can't get their first game out the door...

I totally agree with you. But, Jack's been working on firming up logistics on the assembly line. He learned a great deal in the making of WOZ when it comes to coordinating all those parts. Once JJP can assure a constant flow of parts to his lines, he'll be able to hire more workers. Having a full time work force would allow him to emulate the new Stern model of keeping the line moving. JJP's workers would gain more experience over time and be able to produce high quality pinball at an excelled rate. This all plays into them picking up small batches of pins to make. This is also a way that these smaller companies are able to get all there machines made in a timely manner with all UL and FCC certifications. Win Win in my eyes.

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

To me the question would be who's supplying the parts? Is this like the PPS/Stern deal where PPS and Chicago Gaming are doing all the logistics and Stern is simply supplying the factory and labor?

Because my non-insider view is that Jack's factory is probably fine, they just have had serious supply issues and logistics problems with WOZ. Having another game to keep the line running, have workers paid steadily etc could actually be a good thing for JJP games. Keep things more steady, games moving out regularly.

I used to watch Mythbusters all the time, and as they expanded the cast and kind of had to start reaching for good myths and made it more reality-show-like and broken down into different tease segments etc I lost interest. But it was fun stuff.

I'll be honest though, Jamie and Adam aren't really a brand I care about staring at on my translite. I don't need hot women in various states of undress, but "dorks with weapons" isn't really my thing.

Doesn't mean it won't be a good game, trying to see things from a game designer standpoint it sounds like a fun theme work with, and Jamie and Adam would be cool partners, they have so much mechanical and practical effects knowledge it could potentially lead to interesting game mechanics.

Buying games automatically for the theme is dumb, and not buying them for the same reason is just as dumb. But it's easier to get excited about something that's more sexy and fun. This feels like Ripley's Believe it or Not.

#636 9 years ago

Something I don't understand is why subcontracting the assembly of the *second* pin? How is the first being assembled? I understand if they were looking for a deal like this for their first pin... makes little sense to me for the second one. Am I missing something?

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The factory is there, the line is there, the staff (can be) are there. Without any insider knowledge other than general business experience, I would guess the difficulty finishing the LEs is covering the BOM on machines that were paid for years ago, and the money long spent on r&d, without a high enough volume of new sales/profits to cover it.

So... as long as Skit-b is supplying all the parts and the factory line is going to build it, seems like a fine arrangement and actually puts some extra cash into JJP.

The only "problem" I see is when working with factory lines, you need to build everything all at once. It is not a theme that will sell itself like Predator, but find its audience slowly. They'll probably need to commit to building all of them in advance, whereas most buyers will need to see the game first before deciding to buy it. So there will be some definite juggling required.

#638 9 years ago

Mythbusters is a decent show, but it doesn't exactly make me want to see it as a pin.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

wish we could get people to stop referring to it as the myth busters pin

Are adam and jamie both a mythbuster? Are a pair considered plural? Then it's a mythbusters pin, just not a Mythbusters™ Pin

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Something I don't understand is why subcontracting the assembly of the *second* pin? How is the first being assembled? I understand if they were looking for a deal like this for their first pin... makes little sense to me for the second one. Am I missing something?

The predator price point is so low, there is probably not enough meat left on the bones to bring the factory in to build it. The next game will have that budgeted into the price.

Still doesn't explain who is building the first game but your mind can come up with some possibilities.

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Predator price point is so low, there is probably not enough meat left on the bones to bring the factory in to build it.

That I have no problem to believe. Good point.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but "dorks with weapons" isn't really my thing.

Being a big dork with lots of weapons myself, this saddens me. I thought we had a good thing going Aurich!

Taking myself out of the equation I can certainly see how this theme wouldn't be for everyone, but I hope, as Aurich laid out so well, the potential for a fun table would seem manifest. I stress of course, *potential*, but even a non-fan (and I wholly agree that as the show has gone on it has lost some credibility with its egregiously absurd staged pieces... actors the Mythbusters are not) at least familiar with the premise should see some easy and fun pinball experience segues.

Even more, the list of fun pinball machines with shitty (if you so categorize this) themes is not at all short.

#643 9 years ago

Problem is that this game does well with cool toys. Which Predator doesn't really have much of, intentionally right.. The whole wanting to make a good tournament game mantra.

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Sorry Skit-b, but your art work looks like sh*t.

Quoted from chadderack:

Artwork looks a bit busy, tbh.
And no KARI?

Didn't want to rain on their parade yesterday, but I feel the same. It's too busy. Too many competing shapes and colors and no focal point in the translite. The words "hot garbage" come to mind (sorry to say). It seems like all his figures have this fuzzy black outline around them, too... like bad cut-outs. (Reminds me of the lower playfield on Predator). The artist needs to learn a bit more about composition and design, IMO.

#645 9 years ago

I wasn't impressed with the art. However, all I saw was a hideously pixelated stream and stills taken from it. Are there better images some place with which to make an informed opinion?

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I wasn't impressed with the art. However, all I saw was a hideously pixelated stream and stills taken from it. Are there better images some place with which to make an informed opinion?

Jetzxi's post with the T-Shirt shows the backglass art a bit better.

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Jetzxi's post with the T-Shirt shows the backglass art a bit better.

It's a bit crazy to think that Skit-B needs the picture off the back of a shirt for us to see... Where are they?

#648 9 years ago

Trailer was just posted on facebook:

#649 9 years ago

Funny premise. Art could use some refinement.

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Trailer was just posted on facebook:
» YouTube video

Pretty sweet!

There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-2nd-game/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.