Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1911 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0CUi.gif
    Dino vs Alien (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1556 (resized).jpeg
    idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
    Dragon copy (resized).jpg
    map.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 1 year ago

When this show started Travis was fairly skeptical and was very good at figuring out what might actually be going on, i.e. actively debunking all the wild theories "Dragon" and the others had/have. I'm guessing he got a stern talking to by the producers about that because now he seems to be abandoning the whole scientific process and is no longer reserving judgement until examining evidence properly and is now just outright jumping around calling everything portals, wormholes, black holes, and all manner of whatever else alien. It's sad to see, especially when what is clearly a bug flying right in front of the camera gets classified as a UAP/UFO that endangered the helicopter. Talk about confirmation bias....

3 weeks later
    #60 1 year ago

Another thing I gotta say about the willful ignorance seen on TSoSR, a simple Google search reveals that the 1.6Ghz is in the L-band range of cellular communications that is very well used to this day by MANY other people/companies as well. Here's the list of folks using that range according to the FCC:

https://fccid.io/frequency-explorer.php?lower=1610&upper=1626.5

There are many ways to find out who's transmitting and what they're transmitting when they get those spikes. There are also massive electrical transmission lines right on the other side of that ridge. I can easily see flocking/migrating animals, namely birds, hitting those wires and having those shorting out and causing those glows they like to show as "weird phenomena" behind the ridge. Then, those beams of roaming light they saw are the utility workers searching the lines for where the short is. This came to me when the power lines right behind my house were hit by a flock of geese and the power was knocked out for about 10 suburban blocks a couple weeks ago.

Willful ignorance and not doing full due diligence in the face of "trying to uncover alien activities or weird spacial anomalies" says to me that you're not serious about what it is you're doing and you're just creating sensationalism for ratings' sake. Makes it tough to take serious. I do still enjoy watching, but I do need to start counting how many times I say "Oh, come on!" to my TV in disbelief as to their stupid answers for what just happened.

2 weeks later
    #63 1 year ago

I really enjoyed last week's episode where they had those four floating and flickering lights in the sky. They had one really nice zoomed in shot with the TV cameras and I realized super quick that they were those Chinese floating lanterns that people send up at memorials and stuff. They were amazed at how they all followed the same path. It's called wind, people. Notice how they never resisted those "UAPs" later in the episode? I'm sure they found out what they were and purposely left them out. I'm surprised they left hem in the episode at all, honestly. You can buy your own Skinwalker Ranch approved UAPs right here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lanterns-Memorial-Floating-Weddings-Celebrations/dp/B0B14CV7BL/ref=sr_1_4

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I could never figure out how those things aren't banned. "Let's set these on fire, and just send them off" to land wherever.

Seriously! I guess the hope is that the flammable material runs out before the lantern starts it's descent, or at least long before it touches the ground.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I believe something is going on in the ground there.

They already, possibly accidentally, alluded to it earlier this season: an underground water flow of some sort. Whether it be an underground river, man-made/piped canal, or some kind of shallow water table there that flows in a particular direction, who knows. But they even mentioned it on the show that moving water is known to mess with EM fields.

I seriously think they forget to edit out the parts of the show that debunk most of their wild claims about what's going on there.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I was thinking maybe something radioactive or new that could have come from a meteor or something like that. I'm rereading Tommyknockers by Stephen King right now and I'm getting those kind of vibes as well.

That would make sense, too, especially with the kinds of exotic metals that a meteorite would typically contain. While there's no real clear impact crater, one could've broken up and sprayed its remnants across the ranch. But it seems like that kind of stuff could easily be found with a simple metal detector or ground penetrating radar search, neither of which I think they've done yet, of course.

#71 1 year ago

That image of glowing, frothing barrels a modern media fallacy. That's not how nuclear waste is stored. Real life is not The Simpsons.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well here in St. Louis when the atomic bomb was being developed during WW2 it turns out Mallinckrodt was very loosy goosy with radioactive material. Reports the waste was falling off of trucks. Look up Cold Water Creek. Mishandled atomic waste wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hmm...interesting. That actually makes me think that perhaps this site is an old uranium mining site and perhaps the ranch is actually an old spoils/washout heap. I'm wondering if the mesa was actually much bigger, but since it most likely contained all the uranium, they demo'd it looking for the stuff.

It's not well remembered that during the early atomic era in this country, there was a "Uranium Rush" across the US west and southwest. Private companies and even private citizens scoured the country in search of uranium ore to sell to refining companies who then sold it to the government. There are ghost towns in many states due to the over-mining and mishandling of the uranium ore and the piles of radioactive spoils that they just left out next to the mine entrance. I wouldn't be surprised in this region isn't part of this history in some way.

9 months later
    #90 11 months ago

If you've seen the episode, my comments will make more sense.

Gotta love the helicopter pilot adding to the fake drama by conveniently "not knowing" what updrafts and thermals are when the chopper started getting "pushed around" up in the air with "no winds" coming from any direction.

I think I mentioned it before in this thread, but the willful/purposeful ignorance on the part of some of the "experts" on the show does nothing both for the show or their reputation.

Also, I struggle with the plausibility of the thought that the government watched this Skinwalker Ranch show and saw Travis and decided to hire him for that UAP task force thing. I truly hope our government is more sophisticated than, "Hey, this guy on TV is smart, let's hire him!" Hits a little to close to Idiocracy for my liking.

idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gifidiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    #95 11 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Keep thinking that they are going to drill into an Alien Mothership buried deep into the mesa. LOL

It's not an alien ship, it's a space shuttle. They've already said that they drilled up some metal bits as found on the protective outer layer of the space shuttle............which is completely covered in a very specific ceramic tile. So, figure that one out.

#101 11 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

This show is complete bullshit. Same as the Oak Island crap show. Ridiculous incredible made up crap. I feel like a complete dope watching these shows.

I think Oak Island is real. However...... I don't think anything as important as Solomon's Menorah, the Holy Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant were ever buried there. I do believe a massive treasure was buried there, but Samuel Ball, the former slave, found it and made a deal with the British Navy/England to recover it for a percentage of the total take. The small dock found built on his property, then the massive one they found at the other corner of his property's shoreline that's big enough to accommodate a royal military-sized ship, and the fact that he started as a freed slave and ended up one of the wealthiest land owners in Nova Scotia's history is proof enough for me.

There might be some scraps of gold and silver still down there, but it's nothing huge. I think the biggest reason they keep digging there is because the History Channel is footing the bill for everything. Yes, the Laginas are millionaires, but even they would've run out of money by now. It's the History Channel's most popular show, they're going to make sure it stays on the air. I don't think anybody is peppering the lots, or the digs, with items/artifacts, either. I think everything they're finding is legit, it just doesn't really amount to much as the main treasure is already long gone.

I really do wonder what ever happened to the Lost Gold of WWII show. They seemed like they were on to something. I wonder if the Japanese or Philippine governments stepped in.

I got a HUGE kick out of the Curse of Civil War Gold's ending, though! THAT was hilarious! I'm amazed they even aired it. Definitely a great way to make sure your show gets cancelled.

#105 11 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

How did that end? I never watched it.

They got pranked! I can't tell if it was a long con game or something, or if someone already knew the legend about where the gold was thought to be. Basically, the story was that the southern general in charge of the train car full of gold ordered it to cross Lake Michigan. Then a big storm overturned the ferry it was on and the car/cargo got littered along the bottom of the lake.

I guess this was widely known to the locals or something because, when the searchers got to the area where they thought they'd find the bars of gold, they did! They found "bars of gold" strewn about across the area they were supposed to be. Well, they brought a couple of them up, and it turns out that they were just gold painted bricks! Someone, or some group of people got a ton of bricks and painted them with really shiny gold paint so they reflected light really well and scattered them across the bottom of Lake Michigan right in the area they knew the searchers were going to look. It was brilliant!

That was the show's last episode. I don't think it'll be coming back.

#106 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Same here. They found a void behind the waterfall...then no more episodes?

I felt like they were more technologically advanced than the Oak Island team, too. They did the muon radiation thing and the satellite scanning thing years before the Laginas, which we still haven't seen results from yet. They had clear targets to go for, then the show got cancelled. Sucks.

1 week later
    #119 11 months ago

I got a kick out of the GPS going haywire on the drone swarm the other night. They were transmitting their 1.6ghz signal at the same time that the drones were doing their thing. Guess what frequency most GPS systems use? In fact the frequency range of 1559-1610 MHz is full of all kinds of global positioning systems from different agencies and countries. I'm sure their transmitter interrupted the signal from the satellites to the drones. Makes sense to me.

#125 10 months ago

That anomaly thing was pure BS. Again, willful ignorance at work with respect to the photographer/videographer guy. He knew what was going on with that image and what it was, he just let their imaginations run wild with it because I'm sure that's what he was instructed to do. What it actually was is a thing called filter flare and happens specifically with digital image sensors. Here's an illustration with what's happening:

R0CUi.gifR0CUi.gif

If you watch the recording in slow motion, as the rocket was approaching the "anomaly" you can very easily see a faint, reversed version of the rocket traveling down and to the right, coming out of the "anomaly", as the rocket is going up and to the left. There's a good explanation here as well as some links to some other good explanations as to how it happens and some image examples: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/303622/why-are-filter-flare-images-centrally-inverted

Oh, and rocket motors explode all the time. Doesn't take much to make them not happy. They're basically super-packed black powder encased in cardboard. If there's any moisture that affected the motor at some point or there was any kind of other inclusion to obstruct the natural burn/flow rate of the motor, they go boom fairly easily. There are tons of great youtube videos of identical rocket motor explosions out there.

Again, easy explanations to these purposely unexplained phenomena. You just have to look one level deeper.

#137 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Well dang Miguel, I suppose you were piloting that non transmitting helicopter too. Your science beats my gullibility. I look forward to your debunking of next weeks episode.

Hey, if it keeps being easy stuff like this, I'll gladly do it!

Quoted from Playdium:

I haven't seen anything yet that would make you think there was something peculiar, except for the fact they brought out metal from the drill rig. Possibly from old mining?

That's what I believe is what the mesa actually is. I think it's a slag heap from previous mining in the area and those anomalies they're finding on the GPR are the voids from other dry mines.

Quoted from tslayer71:

Yea you don't need night vision to fly a helicopter at night

I absolutely loved that line of reasoning! That was freakin' hilarious!

Quoted from Playdium:

Where was Brandon and his pilot?

His pilot is his brother. I didn't even consider this as an option simply because they actually used reason and logic on the episode when they actually surmised that it could be law enforcement since some neighbors might have seen all the rockets and sparks and stuff and called the cops on them. I don't know the laws or regulations for each county, but I'm sure there are some counties that allow law enforcement to not transmit their transponder signal on something that is detectable by civilian level tracking hardware. Same kind of setup as military aircraft, they don't exactly show up on FlightAware or FlightRadar24.

Also, certain civilian aircraft are allowed to not transmit on ADS-B frequencies. Furthermore, ADS-B is not required in Class D airspace, which is below 2500' above airport elevation. So, realistically, that helicopter could've been anyone and they just told ATC when they filed their flightplan that they were going to remain in class d airspace the entire trip.

Either way, there's no reason whatsoever that they couldn't just have run over and gotten a huge spotlight or flashlight and shone it on the helicopter. But, like you say, if it was Fugal's chopper, we would've seen it plain as day.

1 week later
    #146 10 months ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I started watching this show (4 episodes in I think)
    The science is appalling! That guy is an astrophysicist?
    Oh I loved the scene where they had to do an amazing analysis on a dead bird trapped in a wall. Better call a Indiana Jones I think you're onto something!
    Or the laser light "duplicated" on the mesa which is obviously happening inside the lens.
    Does it get better? It's so dumbed down and fake. What's with the guy carrying a shotgun? They have these things called straps....

Oh, Ben. Ben, Ben, Ben. The road ahead is going to be long and hard, but you have to stick with it. The science gets worse and worse, to the point where it is completely laughable as the plain and clear evidence as to what's really going on or happened is ignored in the name of sensationalism. I don't think the experiments are faked, they just don't know how to interpret the results or find the obvious answers staring them in the face.

For me, it has literally turned into a comedy. The explanations as to what's happening are so easy and obvious, it boggles the mind how these people don't fall down more often. Oh wait, they do! Seriously there are a couple guys each season, it seems, that faint, or feel light-headed and kneel, or for whatever reason hit the ground for no reason.

#150 10 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

It looked more like police cruisers blue light turning on and off.

That was exactly what my first thought was, too. It was the right side of a police car's roof mounted lights. But when doofus #2 got out there, did you see where he parked his UTV? It was next to a trailer mounted, powered antenna they have there on the ranch as part of their monitoring equipment. And what was on that equipment? A flashing dark blue light.....no joke. You could see it flashing away when doofus #2 initially got out and started running around all crazy.

Quoted from benheck:

The science gets worse? HOW????

When they interpret simple filter flare as proof that there's an anomaly that a rocket crashed into and exploded, somehow keeping everything on the body of the rocket intact, but only blowing out the motor. Also, see my above post about it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching/page/3#post-7563031

3 weeks later
    #156 9 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Sorry, I can only bear 60 minutes a week of it.

Same for me. I can only take so much of the, "Huh, that's amazing, I wonder what that light is.....must be aliens/portals with mysterious government roots" per week.

...especially since the main Skinwalker Ranch show seems to be losing some steam. The last two episodes have been quite devoid of any actual interesting/scientific content. The burned "fencepost" thing is obviously a log that was used in a campfire or burn pile at some point where it sat on the outside edge of the fire(laying on it's side) and since it was still largely intact(and since wood doesn't change its molecular structure when it gets burned, like metal does) and they were building a new barbwire fence, they decided to use it. Simple and makes sense.

#162 9 months ago

Strange that on this last episode that Travis actually used the words, "while it may have a mundane reason as to what it is". That tells me that they've debunked phenomena as everyday things, but obviously never showed any of it.

Just think about how much more credibility this show would hold if they showed them debunking things left and right. That would show that they're using proper scientific methods, and would actually highlight and strengthen the evidence they've got that defies reason. Of course, that also means that they'd have hardly any content that could be considered actual evidence of paranormal activity, so there's that.

#167 9 months ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow these ' air quotes' scientists are pulling out all the stops at the ranch. The heavy drilling rig they got at harbor freight and the excavator any of us could rent at home depot are truly impressive. If they would stop nickel and dimeing shit they might actually find something...

I've worked in construction before. When I saw their "3 ton excavator", as they put it, I laughed because they're literally called mini-ex's in the industry. I think that "drilling rig" they've got is actually a gas powered post-hole auger.

I really liked all their talk about drilling in different locations and how everyone, including "Dragon"(I still laugh every time someone calls him that), says "Yep, let's do it!", where just a couple seasons ago, they were all afraid of someone even using a shovel on the property because it might "wake up" all the spirits and piss off the UFO's that use that place as a rest stop or something.

It's really pitiful what the show is turning into. I think Dr. Travis might be losing all his scientific credibility and he doesn't even realize it. Maybe he's trying to be the next NGT or Michio Kaku where they might have once been decent scientists, but now they're just professional talking heads.

7 months later
    #172 52 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Back to the show... I wish they would skip some of the unnecessary dramatized crap, because something interesting is happening there. I'd guess that it some sort of meteor impact crater that has layered itself with the natural rock to create some sort of in situ capacitor in the ground that collects static electricity and or resonates. To me.... that's enough to stay interested... I don't need "ancient base" theories.

They actually, accidentally, nailed it last season. There's an underground river there by the triangle area. Moving water can do crazy things with electromagnetic fields, even Travis mentioned that in that particular episode, too. There might be some exotic metals in the mesa, too, as I think it's actually part of an old slag pile from old mining operations.

3 weeks later
    #182 30 days ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I think the lack of boom is due to tribal land respect on skinwalker, or so they say.

I thought it was because everybody was piss-in-their pants scared to do anything there. Remember the first season when someone mentioned they wanted to take a shovel and start digging a hole near the triangle? Two or three of the guys were like, "NO! If you dig, you'll make the ranch mad and the bad juju spirits will awaken and come hit this guy in the head again!"

I'm paraphrasing, but that was pretty much the gist of what they said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching?tu=Miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.