Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1911 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0CUi.gif
    Dino vs Alien (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1556 (resized).jpeg
    idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
    Dragon copy (resized).jpg
    map.JPG
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

I thought I would start it's own thread here. Just finished the recent episode of them chasing flickering lights in the dark. Ho-hum... Seems to be getting like those ghost story shows. A lot of hype and no reward.

#2 2 years ago

They saw something cold......

#3 2 years ago

Pretty boring if you ask me. Reminds me of the Oak Island show. Nothing really happens.

#4 2 years ago

Hoping they find some ox shoes soon.

#5 2 years ago

I watched 2 episodes of Boring.Its another show of the same nothing.If it starts out with COULD IT BE they got nill.

#6 2 years ago

I am quite sure that dragon will accidently shoot someone before anything is found.

#7 2 years ago

Quoted from Markharris2000:I am quite sure that dragon will accidently shoot someone before anything is found.

#8 2 years ago

I tries for an episode but could tell it was going nowhere.

For my fake ass shows I need something ral fake; Like "Ghost Mine." That show was great

2 weeks later
    #9 2 years ago

So the last two episodes showed a temperature change. That is all

#10 2 years ago

And chasing shadow monsters through the woods.

#11 2 years ago

Looked stupid just from the commercials...….enough to know it's not worth the time to watch it, just like Oak Island.

John

#12 2 years ago

Next week the drilling operation begins. "Bore Hole" number one will be established and.... Wait a minute, didn't we hear this somewhere else ???? When they said they were bringing in the heavy equipment I was excited. Then a mini excavator appears.

#13 2 years ago

The bore hole will probably be drilled with a hand auger.

#14 2 years ago

Cmon this show is great. Its already had a dead cow and 2 ufo sightings. I like it!

3 weeks later
    #15 2 years ago

They shot a lot of cool rockets with scientific gathering instruments in this latest episode.
    I like rockets...

#16 2 years ago

When that brief UAP shows up when one of the rockets was launched, a small white dot appears in the sky then disappears seconds later.
    This has the cast as excited as children on Christmas morning.

Could there be a secret military satellite that might detect high altitude large, unannounced, private rocket launches (possibly as a security threat)?

The UAP did not appear to be close but on the edge of the ionosphere to me.

#17 2 years ago

It's funny to watch all the drama that the show tries to insert into an otherwise unremarkable plot of scrub land. I suspect the owner bought the property for the sole purpose of sensationalizing it in the media, deriving licensing and access rights fees, sponsorships, and simply making a big ROI on his investment. In essence HE and the rest of the quirky fringe cast have to make something out of nothing to make his investment back and grow.

It's kind of like the WWF cult. All of it staged, big hype by odd personalities, and money changing hands everywhere.

#18 2 years ago

I haven't been a big fan of this show. I was more interested in Curse of Civil War Gold or WWII Gold in phillipenes.

I think History Channel needs to find something where the Host are a bit more likable than this one. No offense to
    anyone who may be on show who's reading this as I know things are sometimes out of your control.

#19 2 years ago

Reality TV comes in two varieties, Scripted and Unscripted. This is clearly scripted, and everyone, including the narrator are simply reading their scripts….

#20 2 years ago

This show is full of caca, I lost respect long ago for the show. The recent preview commercial for it shows pilots in a helicopter saying something showed up under the helicopter on the radar. I can tell you with certainty this is a line of crap unless the object “on radar” has TCAS (traffic collision avoidance system) or is using a transponder that is able to communicate with the equipment in the helicopter.

#21 2 years ago

I like the astrophysicist, but he too may be a paid actor. I wish there was something tangible that could be seen, felt, or heard.
    The drilling operation revealed underground rushing water. And that means... the lost city of Atlantis? I'll still watch the next and final episode to see what "cliff hanger" they can come up with.

#22 2 years ago

Travis Taylor's degrees are from Auburn University (B.E.E. '91) and the University of Alabama Huntsville (MS '94, Ph.D. '99, MSE '01, Ph.D. '12). He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.

That said, he's still just reading a silly script made up by a production company!

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.

That said, he's still just reading a silly script made up by a production company!

For whatever reason this made me remember The Hangover movie, when I learned that naked dude in the trunk of the car was a doctor.

Anyway Skinwalker Ranch is not a very good show. But I am a sucker for something different to watch.

I do like Oak Island, and some of the stuff they find is kind of cool, even if not worth much.

I do fast forward for 30 seconds or mute any of these shows when the announcer starts talking. They get on my last nerve.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

This show is full of caca, I lost respect long ago for the show. The recent preview commercial for it shows pilots in a helicopter saying something showed up under the helicopter on the radar. I can tell you with certainty this is a line of crap unless the object “on radar” has TCAS (traffic collision avoidance system) or is using a transponder that is able to communicate with the equipment in the helicopter.

Just a thought. Why don't they all ride up in a hot air balloon, tethered if need be, to that "special" zone hot spot above the triangle with all those instruments??

No one on the show could come up with that idea?? Really?

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I haven't been a big fan of this show. I was more interested in Curse of Civil War Gold or WWII Gold in phillipenes.
    I think History Channel needs to find something where the Host are a bit more likable than this one. No offense to
    anyone who may be on show who's reading this as I know things are sometimes out of your control.

I was really enjoying the Lost Gold of World War II on History. Season 2 has been over for a year now. I guess there won't be a Season ? Anyone know? Looked very promising at end of Season 2 that they found the hidden cave in the mountain with crates with possible gold with that long horizontal boring drill.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

... or WWII Gold in phillipenes...

I actually enjoy that show, especially when they drilled and found a room hundreds of feet in by the falls. But I haven't seen any new episodes air since.

One thing that concerns me about finding the 'secret' room is I swear I saw a bug flying around for a brief moment when they ran a camera in there. Shouldn't have happened if it was a sealed room.

#27 2 years ago

Travis Taylor's degrees are from Auburn University (B.E.E. '91) and the University of Alabama Huntsville (MS '94, Ph.D. '99, MSE '01, Ph.D. '12). He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.

I knew he had a Ph.D., but he sure doesn't come across like he has a lick of intelligence. Does the show an injustice, really. Seems like if his 'character' actually used some of his smarts rather than coming across like a hillbilly, it might be more interesting.

#28 2 years ago

Travis comes from a long lineage of 'southerners' to be sure... See his first television adventure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_City_Rednecks

and a "deeper" discussion here:

https://www.space.com/13114-rocket-city-rednecks-travis-taylor-interview.html

#29 2 years ago

great show if you need to get in a nap

#30 2 years ago

Travis comes from a long lineage of 'southerners' to be sure...and a "deeper" discussion here:
    https://www.space.com/13114-rocket-city-rednecks-travis-taylor-interview.html

That was an interesting read, thanks!

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

Just a thought. Why don't they all ride up in a hot air balloon, tethered if need be, to that "special" zone hot spot above the triangle with all those instruments??
    No one on the show could come up with that idea?? Really?

I said the same thing to my wife about a balloon.

I've had model rockets a good portion of my life and I don't think I've ever had a day where the wind was so calm that you could launch a rocket that would get to 12,000 feet and would be recovered so close to the launch pad.

I've watched both seasons of this show, and keep hoping something interesting happens. If we don't get anything good with this season's finale, I won't be watching season 3.

This show reminds me a bit of Ice Road Truckers. Take the manufactured drama and music away from that show, and you've got people sitting on their asses in a truck and loading/unloading trucks in cold weather. That applies to most "reality" shows I guess.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I said the same thing to my wife about a balloon.
    I've had model rockets a good portion of my life and I don't think I've ever had a day where the wind was so calm that you could launch a rocket that would get to 12,000 feet and would be recovered so close to the launch pad.
    I've watched both seasons of this show, and keep hoping something interesting happens. If we don't get anything good with this season's finale, I won't be watching season 3.
    This show reminds me a bit of Ice Road Truckers. Take the manufactured drama and music away from that show, and you've got people sitting on their asses in a truck and loading/unloading trucks in cold weather. That applies to most "reality" shows I guess.

I'm surprised they didn't use FilghtAware or FlightRADAR to verify the 'objects' they saw just weren't airplanes when they were shooting off the rockets.

Sidebar: I actually have setups for both those services and pick up ~2-3K planes a day for each service. SnipIt below.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    Looking up the ranch, it appears to be in a corridor for the Salt Lake International Airport.
    Here's a Snipit that includes the ranch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: Looks like they did use FlightTracker. Quick screen shot tho.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I actually enjoy that show, especially when they drilled and found a room hundreds of feet in by the falls. But I haven't seen any new episodes air since.
    One thing that concerns me about finding the 'secret' room is I swear I saw a bug flying around for a brief moment when they ran a camera in there. Shouldn't have happened if it was a sealed room.

Wow, did not notice a fly in there. I may still have that last episode on my Spectrum DVR. Got to take another look for that fly.
    I read online there wasn't going to be a 3rd season. They probably got chased out because they were getting close to the real deal.
    It looked very dangerous the closer they got to some real treasure...so they think anyways.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I knew he had a Ph.D., but he sure doesn't come across like he has a lick of intelligence. Does the show an injustice, really. Seems like if his 'character' actually used some of his smarts rather than coming across like a hillbilly, it might be more interesting.

Kinda like "The Professor" on Gilligan's Island?? LOL

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm surprised they didn't use FilghtAware or FlightRADAR to verify the 'objects' they saw just weren't airplanes when they were shooting off the rockets.
    Sidebar: I actually have setups for both those services and pick up ~2-3K planes a day for each service. SnipIt below.
    [quoted image]
    Looking up the ranch, it appears to be in a corridor for the Salt Lake International Airport.
    Here's a Snipit that includes the ranch.
    [quoted image]
    Edit: Looks like they did use FlightTracker. Quick screen shot tho.

Might have been "PoopIce" they saw falling out of the sky out of one of the planes in the one episode. LOL
    "Hey Captain, this looks like a good place to drop it. Nuttin' but desert!"

#36 2 years ago

Well the finale came and went with no surprises. What I found odd was they have a severe magnetic phenomenon within the "Triangle" that can't be explained. Where else in history has a magnetic phenomenon occurred within a triangle? The Bermuda Triangle has been known to affect compass headings for decades with no real cause ever explained.
    Doubt I'll be watching next season. I did enjoy the search for Yamashita's gold. Wish that turned into something.

#37 2 years ago

If you like this show, you should check out 'Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch'... it's a ranch next to the Skinwalker ranch.. I think some of the conclusions they figured out logically explain some of the things going on anyway, with the weird readings and such.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

If you like this show, you should check out 'Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch'... it's a ranch next to the Skinwalker ranch.. I think some of the conclusions they figured out logically explain some of the things going on anyway, with the weird readings and such.

Not next to it, over 20 miles away.
    But that show was just flat out fake.

map.JPGmap.JPG
    #39 2 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

[quoted image]

Twenty miles is a "rounding error" once you leave the left or right coasts! LOL.

#40 2 years ago

Twenty miles is a "rounding error" once you leave the left or right coasts! LOL.

Or the Andromeda galaxy!

#41 2 years ago

I thought the name sounded like another show about a brothel.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

[quoted image]

All these shows are fake or sensationalized. I thought the geologist finding evidence of an element probably from a meteorite back in the day seemed pretty legit, and helped explain the odd electrical phenomenon occurring.

But yeah, all of these types of shows are more entertainment than anything.

#43 2 years ago

Haven't seen this, and don't plan on it. I do remember a while back (2 years maybe) the land was purchased by an unnamed buyer. All very secretive. Of course, what ended up being disclosed was that the deed was listed somehow as entertainment. As in, the buyer was a company or was zoning as for entertainment purposes.

Watching/reading other stories of the ranch, there was always a no drilling clause or warning. Kind of makes me feel as though some people are very in the know about what is going on there.

4 months later
    #44 2 years ago

The book is worth checking out. George Knapp is the man! The tv... not do much

Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in Utah https://www.amazon.com/dp/1416505210/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XY80SJPV95J641PPJD2X

5 months later
    #45 1 year ago

Season 3 is back baby! I really enjoy this show. S3 ep 1 was a good episode. Hoping the final episode has a real deal alien encounter. It wouldnt surprise me if disclosure was planned through a reality show so it could be dubbed dubious and keep us divided. I heard they took the bullets out of Dragon's gun.

#46 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up! Dragon is such a tool!

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from shepP:

Thanks for the heads up! Dragon is such a tool!

He seems to have this look quite often.

Dragon copy (resized).jpgDragon copy (resized).jpg
    #48 1 year ago

Actually, I think many of us have this look when our EM doesn't work anymore.

#49 1 year ago

I always feel like Dragon was brought in to be a member of the cast, and pulled directly from central casting. Then his quirkiness changed his role, transforming from a background player to a core member that now has some attention.

#50 1 year ago

I think Dragon is as dumb as a box of rocks. I can't believe he is in charge of security. Hard to believe that Brandon Fugal would actually hire to this idiot.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching?hl=tiki-ed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.