Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1911 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0CUi.gif
    Dino vs Alien (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1556 (resized).jpeg
    idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
    Dragon copy (resized).jpg
    map.JPG
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 12 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

This show is complete bullshit. Same as the Oak Island crap show. Ridiculous incredible made up crap. I feel like a complete dope watching these shows.

I think Oak Island is real. However...... I don't think anything as important as Solomon's Menorah, the Holy Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant were ever buried there. I do believe a massive treasure was buried there, but Samuel Ball, the former slave, found it and made a deal with the British Navy/England to recover it for a percentage of the total take. The small dock found built on his property, then the massive one they found at the other corner of his property's shoreline that's big enough to accommodate a royal military-sized ship, and the fact that he started as a freed slave and ended up one of the wealthiest land owners in Nova Scotia's history is proof enough for me.

There might be some scraps of gold and silver still down there, but it's nothing huge. I think the biggest reason they keep digging there is because the History Channel is footing the bill for everything. Yes, the Laginas are millionaires, but even they would've run out of money by now. It's the History Channel's most popular show, they're going to make sure it stays on the air. I don't think anybody is peppering the lots, or the digs, with items/artifacts, either. I think everything they're finding is legit, it just doesn't really amount to much as the main treasure is already long gone.

I really do wonder what ever happened to the Lost Gold of WWII show. They seemed like they were on to something. I wonder if the Japanese or Philippine governments stepped in.

I got a HUGE kick out of the Curse of Civil War Gold's ending, though! THAT was hilarious! I'm amazed they even aired it. Definitely a great way to make sure your show gets cancelled.

#102 12 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I got a HUGE kick out of the Curse of Civil War Gold's ending, though

How did that end? I never watched it.

#103 12 months ago

They need to stick to science in this show. When they veer off on what this could be with no proof just to keep people interested in the show just sucks.

#104 12 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

...Lost Gold of WWII show. They seemed like they were on to something. I wonder if the Japanese or Philippine governments stepped in...

Same here. They found a void behind the waterfall...then no more episodes?

#105 12 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

How did that end? I never watched it.

They got pranked! I can't tell if it was a long con game or something, or if someone already knew the legend about where the gold was thought to be. Basically, the story was that the southern general in charge of the train car full of gold ordered it to cross Lake Michigan. Then a big storm overturned the ferry it was on and the car/cargo got littered along the bottom of the lake.

I guess this was widely known to the locals or something because, when the searchers got to the area where they thought they'd find the bars of gold, they did! They found "bars of gold" strewn about across the area they were supposed to be. Well, they brought a couple of them up, and it turns out that they were just gold painted bricks! Someone, or some group of people got a ton of bricks and painted them with really shiny gold paint so they reflected light really well and scattered them across the bottom of Lake Michigan right in the area they knew the searchers were going to look. It was brilliant!

That was the show's last episode. I don't think it'll be coming back.

#106 12 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Same here. They found a void behind the waterfall...then no more episodes?

I felt like they were more technologically advanced than the Oak Island team, too. They did the muon radiation thing and the satellite scanning thing years before the Laginas, which we still haven't seen results from yet. They had clear targets to go for, then the show got cancelled. Sucks.

#107 12 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

It was brilliant!

That was the show's last episode. I don't think it'll be coming back.

That is hilarious.

#108 12 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

This show is complete bullshit. Same as the Oak Island crap show. Ridiculous incredible made up crap. I feel like a complete dope watching these shows.

Stopped watching Oak Island a couple years ago. Never seen Skinwalker.

If they ever do find anything you'll hear about it on CNN 6 months before you see it on the tv show.

#109 12 months ago

I am fully entertained with this show.

They just hooked me on several levels. Is there a giant portal established on the ranch that is invisible? Yeah I’m not so sure about that. But I am enjoying the ride…

#110 12 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am fully entertained with this show.

Don't forget the glowing insects at night.

#111 12 months ago

There is so much. The glowing orbs might end up being the one thing they learn real facts about.

I tend to think it’s a phenomenon related to ball lightning. It’s rare as heck. Are the orbs a form of ball lightning?
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/ball-lightning

IMG_1556 (resized).jpegIMG_1556 (resized).jpegIMG_1557 (resized).jpegIMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
    #112 11 months ago

Last nights drone episode was a bit of a let down for me. Drained batteries and drones that were perhaps programmed to look like they are encountering an anomaly? Plus not much dragon. He's becoming more of a draw to the show than anything else and that aint sayin much. Brandon's helicopter is fucking sweet though!

#113 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Plus not much dragon. He's becoming more of a draw to the show than anything else and that aint sayin much.

Originally I thought he was brought in from central casting. But the documentary shows that he and Brandon were Mormon pals early on in life.

#114 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

The way they greet each other makes me think they went to high school together. Dragon probably stuck up for Brandon once when he was getting beat up and has earned that head of security job for life.

Ha, so I was right!

#115 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Last nights drone episode was a bit of a let down for me. Drained batteries and drones that were perhaps programmed to look like they are encountering an anomaly? Plus not much dragon. He's becoming more of a draw to the show than anything else and that aint sayin much. Brandon's helicopter is fucking sweet though!

That helicopter is sweet. Wish my job was flying my rich brother around

#116 11 months ago

National news just reported that a major discovery was made at Skinwalker Ranch finally revealing the mystery.

Dino vs Alien (resized).jpegDino vs Alien (resized).jpeg
    #117 11 months ago

Links please.

#118 11 months ago

I'm not a scientist, but have a theory on cattle behavior at the ranch. Whenever the cattle get agitated there's the 1.6 ghz signal. Also they launch model rockets right by them. Maybe the cows aren't keen on model rocketry. I can bet 99.999% of cows on earth don't have people launching rockets by them. LOL!

#119 11 months ago

I got a kick out of the GPS going haywire on the drone swarm the other night. They were transmitting their 1.6ghz signal at the same time that the drones were doing their thing. Guess what frequency most GPS systems use? In fact the frequency range of 1559-1610 MHz is full of all kinds of global positioning systems from different agencies and countries. I'm sure their transmitter interrupted the signal from the satellites to the drones. Makes sense to me.

#120 11 months ago

The History channel show I found entertaining and really had some discoveries was Finding Hitler. By the end of that show I was convinced that hitler did flee to south america and died an old man there. Most of what we consider history is simply a narrative.

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

The History channel show I found entertaining and really had some discoveries was Finding Hitler. By the end of that show I was convinced that hitler did flee to south america and died an old man there. Most of what we consider history is simply a narrative.

That was an impressive program. The eyewitnesses seeing German subs docking, and claims of seeing him make you wonder.

#122 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Liked Graham Hancock's Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix. Been a long time believer there is much more known than we're being told. Also, the way "science" works; we're in an age that is clearly showing how "go along, get along, or else!" has driven narratives, most likely not for advancement or truthful purposes.

#123 11 months ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Liked Graham Hancock's Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix. Been a long time believer there is much more known than we're being told. Also, the way "science" works; we're in an age that is clearly showing how "go along, get along, or else!" has driven narratives, most likely not for advancement or truthful purposes.

I have one of his books and I fully believe his theory along with Randall Carlson. It just makes too much sense to me.

#124 11 months ago

I thought this weeks episode was decent. The ground radar results were weird and the rocket explosion on the anomaly was pretty cool. I was bummed there was no war room summation at the end of the episode though and I look forward to next week. I wish there was a way to make an Ancient Aliens pin!

#125 11 months ago

That anomaly thing was pure BS. Again, willful ignorance at work with respect to the photographer/videographer guy. He knew what was going on with that image and what it was, he just let their imaginations run wild with it because I'm sure that's what he was instructed to do. What it actually was is a thing called filter flare and happens specifically with digital image sensors. Here's an illustration with what's happening:

R0CUi.gifR0CUi.gif

If you watch the recording in slow motion, as the rocket was approaching the "anomaly" you can very easily see a faint, reversed version of the rocket traveling down and to the right, coming out of the "anomaly", as the rocket is going up and to the left. There's a good explanation here as well as some links to some other good explanations as to how it happens and some image examples: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/303622/why-are-filter-flare-images-centrally-inverted

Oh, and rocket motors explode all the time. Doesn't take much to make them not happy. They're basically super-packed black powder encased in cardboard. If there's any moisture that affected the motor at some point or there was any kind of other inclusion to obstruct the natural burn/flow rate of the motor, they go boom fairly easily. There are tons of great youtube videos of identical rocket motor explosions out there.

Again, easy explanations to these purposely unexplained phenomena. You just have to look one level deeper.

#126 11 months ago

Well dang Miguel, I suppose you were piloting that non transmitting helicopter too. Your science beats my gullibility. I look forward to your debunking of next weeks episode.

#127 11 months ago

The level of excitability shown by the cast can be over the top. I haven't seen anything yet that would make you think there was something peculiar, except for the fact they brought out metal from the drill rig. Possibly from old mining?
    You have to watch the documentary that was done. Brandon has the property listed as "Entertainment" on an official record.

#128 11 months ago

High entertainment for me! Hook in mouth. Megadeth.

#129 11 months ago

If that rocket had struck the anomaly, then there would have damage to the nose. Instead, the motor’s disintegration had to have been caused by something else like propellant leakage.

#130 11 months ago

Yea you don't need night vision to fly a helicopter at night

#131 11 months ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Where was Brandon and his pilot?

#132 11 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Totally agree it was Brandon punking the viewers.

#133 11 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Ha! The plot thickens. Probably was a military helicopter. Turned off their transponder and said let's fuck with the guys at Skinwalker ranch again

#134 11 months ago

If you're into this stuff (as well as conspiracies, government projects etc) I highly recommend The Why Files on YouTube.

Tonight's episode is about Nikola Telsa's theory that the Ark of the Covenant was actually a death capacitor.

Some of you won't like the talking fish but the channel is exploding in popularity, from like 400k subs to 2m since January.

#135 11 months ago

Yeah AJ and Heckle Fish rub the sweet spot of conspiracy/entertainment. Each episode is enlightening. Wait, are you plugging this channel Ben Heck(le Fish?)

#136 11 months ago
    Quoted from benheck:

If you're into this stuff (as well as conspiracies, government projects etc) I highly recommend The Why Files on YouTube.
    Tonight's episode is about Nikola Telsa's theory that the Ark of the Covenant was actually a death capacitor.
    Some of you won't like the talking fish but the channel is exploding in popularity, from like 400k subs to 2m since January.

I'll have to check that out. For some reason YouTubers I have subscribed to im different genres have all really slowed down. Not liking the unsolicited suggestions from them.

#137 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Well dang Miguel, I suppose you were piloting that non transmitting helicopter too. Your science beats my gullibility. I look forward to your debunking of next weeks episode.

Hey, if it keeps being easy stuff like this, I'll gladly do it!

Quoted from Playdium:

I haven't seen anything yet that would make you think there was something peculiar, except for the fact they brought out metal from the drill rig. Possibly from old mining?

That's what I believe is what the mesa actually is. I think it's a slag heap from previous mining in the area and those anomalies they're finding on the GPR are the voids from other dry mines.

Quoted from tslayer71:

I absolutely loved that line of reasoning! That was freakin' hilarious!

Quoted from Playdium:

His pilot is his brother. I didn't even consider this as an option simply because they actually used reason and logic on the episode when they actually surmised that it could be law enforcement since some neighbors might have seen all the rockets and sparks and stuff and called the cops on them. I don't know the laws or regulations for each county, but I'm sure there are some counties that allow law enforcement to not transmit their transponder signal on something that is detectable by civilian level tracking hardware. Same kind of setup as military aircraft, they don't exactly show up on FlightAware or FlightRadar24.

Also, certain civilian aircraft are allowed to not transmit on ADS-B frequencies. Furthermore, ADS-B is not required in Class D airspace, which is below 2500' above airport elevation. So, realistically, that helicopter could've been anyone and they just told ATC when they filed their flightplan that they were going to remain in class d airspace the entire trip.

Either way, there's no reason whatsoever that they couldn't just have run over and gotten a huge spotlight or flashlight and shone it on the helicopter. But, like you say, if it was Fugal's chopper, we would've seen it plain as day.

#138 11 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'll have to check that out. For some reason YouTubers I have subscribed to im different genres have all really slowed down. Not liking the unsolicited suggestions from them.

YouTube ad rates went into the toilet even before the economy slowed. That's why even bigger names are pimping Nord VPN, Raid Shadow Legends and my personal favorite, MANSCAPER!

#139 11 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey, if it keeps being easy stuff like this, I'll gladly do it!

That's what I believe is what the mesa actually is. I think it's a slag heap from previous mining in the area and those anomalies they're finding on the GPR are the voids from other dry mines.

I absolutely loved that line of reasoning! That was freakin' hilarious!

His pilot is his brother. I didn't even consider this as an option simply because they actually used reason and logic on the episode when they actually surmised that it could be law enforcement since some neighbors might have seen all the rockets and sparks and stuff and called the cops on them. I don't know the laws or regulations for each county, but I'm sure there are some counties that allow law enforcement to not transmit their transponder signal on something that is detectable by civilian level tracking hardware. Same kind of setup as military aircraft, they don't exactly show up on FlightAware or FlightRadar24.
    Also, certain civilian aircraft are allowed to not transmit on ADS-B frequencies. Furthermore, ADS-B is not required in Class D airspace, which is below 2500' above airport elevation. So, realistically, that helicopter could've been anyone and they just told ATC when they filed their flightplan that they were going to remain in class d airspace the entire trip.
    Either way, there's no reason whatsoever that they couldn't just have run over and gotten a huge spotlight or flashlight and shone it on the helicopter. But, like you say, if it was Fugal's chopper, we would've seen it plain as day.

Funny right after the show I googled 'Is it illegal to fly a plane without a transponder.' This brings up a bunch of FAA pages. It was hard for me to decipher the class A,B,and C regulations. I didn't even see D but it makes sense. File a fight plan for D airspace and you don't need a transponder. The UAP's are getting a little boring. They fly at a constant speed in straight lines. Brandon needs to up his fake UFO's at the ranch - ha!

#140 11 months ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Funny right after the show I googled 'Is it illegal to fly a plane without a transponder.' This brings up a bunch of FAA pages. It was hard for me to decipher the class A,B,and C regulations. I didn't even see D but it makes sense. File a fight plan for D airspace and you don't need a transponder. The UAP's are getting a little boring. They fly at a constant speed in straight lines. Brandon needs to up his fake UFO's at the ranch - ha!

I've posted a couple of times you can track ADS-B planes fairly cheap. FlightAware sent me a free receiver due to my location, but many just use a Raspberry Pi, a $20 USB receiver, and a homemade antenna. Took a quick look at mine, tracking 131 planes right now.

Kind of a neat hobby.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #141 11 months ago
    Quoted from benheck:

YouTube ad rates went into the toilet even before the economy slowed. That's why even bigger names are pimping Nord VPN, Raid Shadow Legends and my personal favorite, MANSCAPER!

Well they been doing that since they got big enough to do so. You forgot Keeps, Simply Safe, and whatever prepackaged food option there is

#142 11 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well they been doing that since they got big enough to do so. You forgot Keeps, Simply Safe, and whatever prepackaged food option there is

and raycon garbage ear buds

1 week later
    #143 11 months ago

I started watching this show (4 episodes in I think)

The science is appalling! That guy is an astrophysicist?

Oh I loved the scene where they had to do an amazing analysis on a dead bird trapped in a wall. Better call a Indiana Jones I think you're onto something!

Or the laser light "duplicated" on the mesa which is obviously happening inside the lens.

Does it get better? It's so dumbed down and fake. What's with the guy carrying a shotgun? They have these things called straps....

#144 11 months ago

Last weeks episode, for me, was the worst one yet. I would assume this is the final season as they cant even keep a dumb ass like me strung along. Then again I never thought Ancient Aliens would run 20 seasons, and now I see Skinwalker Ranch is doing live tour dates. I may have to go and get Dragons autograph.

#145 11 months ago

Another hour of my life down the drain...

#146 11 months ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I started watching this show (4 episodes in I think)
    The science is appalling! That guy is an astrophysicist?
    Oh I loved the scene where they had to do an amazing analysis on a dead bird trapped in a wall. Better call a Indiana Jones I think you're onto something!
    Or the laser light "duplicated" on the mesa which is obviously happening inside the lens.
    Does it get better? It's so dumbed down and fake. What's with the guy carrying a shotgun? They have these things called straps....

Oh, Ben. Ben, Ben, Ben. The road ahead is going to be long and hard, but you have to stick with it. The science gets worse and worse, to the point where it is completely laughable as the plain and clear evidence as to what's really going on or happened is ignored in the name of sensationalism. I don't think the experiments are faked, they just don't know how to interpret the results or find the obvious answers staring them in the face.

For me, it has literally turned into a comedy. The explanations as to what's happening are so easy and obvious, it boggles the mind how these people don't fall down more often. Oh wait, they do! Seriously there are a couple guys each season, it seems, that faint, or feel light-headed and kneel, or for whatever reason hit the ground for no reason.

#147 11 months ago

Last nights episode was pretty lame. Chasing a purple light after the rocket launch? It looked more like police cruisers blue light turning on and off. Show is such a joke.
    And why is every unexplained object in the sky miles and miles away, only appearing as a small dot? "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

#148 11 months ago

Yeah, the show has jumped the mutilated cow at this point.

#149 11 months ago

The science gets worse? HOW????

Oh god. Season 1, they launch a rocket (because model rockets can fly 1 mile up you know) and it crashes and is destroyed. Then they launch another one - success! "Let's launch it again BEFORE pulling the data!" it's SO DUMB.

Is that the point? This is like a scientist version of Michael Scott?

#150 11 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

It looked more like police cruisers blue light turning on and off.

That was exactly what my first thought was, too. It was the right side of a police car's roof mounted lights. But when doofus #2 got out there, did you see where he parked his UTV? It was next to a trailer mounted, powered antenna they have there on the ranch as part of their monitoring equipment. And what was on that equipment? A flashing dark blue light.....no joke. You could see it flashing away when doofus #2 initially got out and started running around all crazy.

Quoted from benheck:

The science gets worse? HOW????

When they interpret simple filter flare as proof that there's an anomaly that a rocket crashed into and exploded, somehow keeping everything on the body of the rocket intact, but only blowing out the motor. Also, see my above post about it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching/page/3#post-7563031

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.