Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1911 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0CUi.gif
    Dino vs Alien (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1556 (resized).jpeg
    idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
    Dragon copy (resized).jpg
    map.JPG
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I think Dragon is as dumb as a box of rocks. I can't believe he is in charge of security. Hard to believe that Brandon Fugal would actually hire to this idiot.

Speaking of box of rocks... The Blind Frog Ranch show is literally about them trying to retrieve a box of rocks from an underwater cavern. They could bring in Dragon as an expert!

#52 1 year ago

Maybe start a new thread:

Blind Frog Ranch....Why are you watching?

#53 1 year ago

When this show started Travis was fairly skeptical and was very good at figuring out what might actually be going on, i.e. actively debunking all the wild theories "Dragon" and the others had/have. I'm guessing he got a stern talking to by the producers about that because now he seems to be abandoning the whole scientific process and is no longer reserving judgement until examining evidence properly and is now just outright jumping around calling everything portals, wormholes, black holes, and all manner of whatever else alien. It's sad to see, especially when what is clearly a bug flying right in front of the camera gets classified as a UAP/UFO that endangered the helicopter. Talk about confirmation bias....

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

I think Dragon is as dumb as a box of rocks. I can't believe he is in charge of security. Hard to believe that Brandon Fugal would actually hire to this idiot.

The way they greet each other makes me think they went to high school together. Dragon probably stuck up for Brandon once when he was getting beat up and has earned that head of security job for life.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Maybe start a new thread:
    Blind Frog Ranch....Why are you watching?

I watched the first episode and thought, "This is as cool as skinwalker!" The next day I did a youtube search and immediately found videos showing the whole thing is a fraud. Too bad.

2 weeks later
    #57 1 year ago

I just caught Ep3 last night and thought it was a good one. Looking forward to watching Ep4 tonight. Here is a trailer for a new movie coming out that looks pretty epic. Hope it goes straight to on demand.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I just caught Ep3 last night and thought it was a good one. Looking forward to watching Ep4 tonight. Here is a trailer for a new movie coming out that looks pretty epic. Hope it goes straight to on demand.

It looks to be out already on streaming.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

A Tear In The Sky (AMAZON PRIME VIDEO)
    1 h 25 min
    NR

A Tear in the Sky takes you on an unprecedented journey into the UFO / UAP phenomenon with a team of military personnel, scientists, and special guest William Shatner using state-of-the-art, military grade equipment.

Directors Caroline Cory
    Starring William Shatner, Michio Kaku, Travis Taylor
    Genres Science Fiction, Documentary, Action
    Audio languages English

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15120486/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

#60 1 year ago

Another thing I gotta say about the willful ignorance seen on TSoSR, a simple Google search reveals that the 1.6Ghz is in the L-band range of cellular communications that is very well used to this day by MANY other people/companies as well. Here's the list of folks using that range according to the FCC:

https://fccid.io/frequency-explorer.php?lower=1610&upper=1626.5

There are many ways to find out who's transmitting and what they're transmitting when they get those spikes. There are also massive electrical transmission lines right on the other side of that ridge. I can easily see flocking/migrating animals, namely birds, hitting those wires and having those shorting out and causing those glows they like to show as "weird phenomena" behind the ridge. Then, those beams of roaming light they saw are the utility workers searching the lines for where the short is. This came to me when the power lines right behind my house were hit by a flock of geese and the power was knocked out for about 10 suburban blocks a couple weeks ago.

Willful ignorance and not doing full due diligence in the face of "trying to uncover alien activities or weird spacial anomalies" says to me that you're not serious about what it is you're doing and you're just creating sensationalism for ratings' sake. Makes it tough to take serious. I do still enjoy watching, but I do need to start counting how many times I say "Oh, come on!" to my TV in disbelief as to their stupid answers for what just happened.

2 weeks later
    #61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Another thing I gotta say about the willful ignorance seen on TSoSR, a simple Google search reveals that the 1.6Ghz is in the L-band range of cellular communications that is very well used to this day by MANY other people/companies as well. Here's the list of folks using that range according to the FCC:
    https://fccid.io/frequency-explorer.php?lower=1610&upper=1626.5
    There are many ways to find out who's transmitting and what they're transmitting when they get those spikes. There are also massive electrical transmission lines right on the other side of that ridge. I can easily see flocking/migrating animals, namely birds, hitting those wires and having those shorting out and causing those glows they like to show as "weird phenomena" behind the ridge. Then, those beams of roaming light they saw are the utility workers searching the lines for where the short is. This came to me when the power lines right behind my house were hit by a flock of geese and the power was knocked out for about 10 suburban blocks a couple weeks ago.
    Willful ignorance and not doing full due diligence in the face of "trying to uncover alien activities or weird spacial anomalies" says to me that you're not serious about what it is you're doing and you're just creating sensationalism for ratings' sake. Makes it tough to take serious. I do still enjoy watching, but I do need to start counting how many times I say "Oh, come on!" to my TV in disbelief as to their stupid answers for what just happened.

Retired RF Engineer here (transmitter design, plus I'm familiar with spurious emissions since I had to design to meet emission specs). I happen to have it on tonight while doing other stuff and they started to talk about 1.6GHz on their 'spectrum analyzer', so that caught my attention. Their 'spectrum analyzer' is a $30 USB SDR (software defined radio) dongle you can get on Amazon (I have one and it's actually a pretty neat gizmo for $30). To top it off, they have the antenna right next to all the laptops and other electronic equipment that are just spitting out all kind of freqs due to the internal clocks - then they act amazed when they pick up a signal. In the case of the "receiver that shouldn't be transmitting", that could have also been the clock for the CPU or what's called a 'local oscillator' for the receiver mixer (for down conversion). Sorry, got a little technical there.

Stuff like that just drives me nuts. Like you said "creating sensationalism for ratings' sake".
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: I thought 1.68GHz was ADS-B (it's 1.09GHz, my bad), so I removed that reference discussing when the they spotted something at 1.68GHz. 1.68 is a radiosondes frequency, or more likely one of the computer clocks.

#62 1 year ago

I'm waiting for them to pull out the "plutonium blaster". The metal pieces found in the drilling could be remnants from old mining carts, etc.

#63 1 year ago

I really enjoyed last week's episode where they had those four floating and flickering lights in the sky. They had one really nice zoomed in shot with the TV cameras and I realized super quick that they were those Chinese floating lanterns that people send up at memorials and stuff. They were amazed at how they all followed the same path. It's called wind, people. Notice how they never resisted those "UAPs" later in the episode? I'm sure they found out what they were and purposely left them out. I'm surprised they left hem in the episode at all, honestly. You can buy your own Skinwalker Ranch approved UAPs right here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lanterns-Memorial-Floating-Weddings-Celebrations/dp/B0B14CV7BL/ref=sr_1_4

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I really enjoyed last week's episode where they had those four floating and flickering lights in the sky. They had one really nice zoomed in shot with the TV cameras and I realized super quick that they were those Chinese floating lanterns that people send up at memorials and stuff. They were amazed at how they all followed the same path. It's called wind, people. Notice how they never resisted those "UAPs" later in the episode? I'm sure they found out what they were and purposely left them out. I'm surprised they left hem in the episode at all, honestly. You can buy your own Skinwalker Ranch approved UAPs right here on Amazon:
    amazon.com link »

I could never figure out how those things aren't banned. "Let's set these on fire, and just send them off" to land wherever.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I could never figure out how those things aren't banned. "Let's set these on fire, and just send them off" to land wherever.

Seriously! I guess the hope is that the flammable material runs out before the lantern starts it's descent, or at least long before it touches the ground.

#66 1 year ago

It's only up to season 2 on Discovery Plus and I find the show fascinating. Yeah, I agree the Dragon guy is a wast of space, that can't even make his own calls. I believe it's got some kind of element in the ground that is causing all of the equipment problems, kind of like the Bermuda Triangle. I believe something is going on in the ground there.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I believe something is going on in the ground there.

They already, possibly accidentally, alluded to it earlier this season: an underground water flow of some sort. Whether it be an underground river, man-made/piped canal, or some kind of shallow water table there that flows in a particular direction, who knows. But they even mentioned it on the show that moving water is known to mess with EM fields.

I seriously think they forget to edit out the parts of the show that debunk most of their wild claims about what's going on there.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

They already, possibly accidentally, alluded to it earlier this season: an underground water flow of some sort. Whether it be an underground river, man-made/piped canal, or some kind of shallow water table there that flows in a particular direction, who knows. But they even mentioned it on the show that moving water is known to mess with EM fields.
    I seriously think they forget to edit out the parts of the show that debunk most of their wild claims about what's going on there.

I was thinking maybe something radioactive or new that could have come from a meteor or something like that. I'm rereading Tommyknockers by Stephen King right now and I'm getting those kind of vibes as well.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I was thinking maybe something radioactive or new that could have come from a meteor or something like that. I'm rereading Tommyknockers by Stephen King right now and I'm getting those kind of vibes as well.

That would make sense, too, especially with the kinds of exotic metals that a meteorite would typically contain. While there's no real clear impact crater, one could've broken up and sprayed its remnants across the ranch. But it seems like that kind of stuff could easily be found with a simple metal detector or ground penetrating radar search, neither of which I think they've done yet, of course.

#70 1 year ago

That mesa probably has hundreds of drums filled with toxic waste buried underneath it.

#71 1 year ago

That image of glowing, frothing barrels a modern media fallacy. That's not how nuclear waste is stored. Real life is not The Simpsons.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

That image of glowing, frothing barrels a modern media fallacy. That's not how nuclear waste is stored. Real life is not The Simpsons.

Well here in St. Louis when the atomic bomb was being developed during WW2 it turns out Mallinckrodt was very loosy goosy with radioactive material. Reports the waste was falling off of trucks. Look up Cold Water Creek. Mishandled atomic waste wouldn't surprise me at all.

#73 1 year ago

It's kinda of odd that Dr. Travis seems to be loosing his scientific mindset as the season progresses. Perhaps the producers asked him to be a bit more 'colorful' in his comments?

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

It's kinda of odd that Dr. Travis seems to be loosing his scientific mindset as the season progresses. Perhaps the producers asked him to be a but more 'colorful' in his coments?

I think he is becoming a true believer.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well here in St. Louis when the atomic bomb was being developed during WW2 it turns out Mallinckrodt was very loosy goosy with radioactive material. Reports the waste was falling off of trucks. Look up Cold Water Creek. Mishandled atomic waste wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hmm...interesting. That actually makes me think that perhaps this site is an old uranium mining site and perhaps the ranch is actually an old spoils/washout heap. I'm wondering if the mesa was actually much bigger, but since it most likely contained all the uranium, they demo'd it looking for the stuff.

It's not well remembered that during the early atomic era in this country, there was a "Uranium Rush" across the US west and southwest. Private companies and even private citizens scoured the country in search of uranium ore to sell to refining companies who then sold it to the government. There are ghost towns in many states due to the over-mining and mishandling of the uranium ore and the piles of radioactive spoils that they just left out next to the mine entrance. I wouldn't be surprised in this region isn't part of this history in some way.

8 months later
    #76 1 year ago

I am watching and a huge fan. I got to meet several people from the show at the ancient aliens conference.

I met the guy who had a head incident. Being that I have had three brain surgeries I saw the things he went through as similar.

I told him I would never go there because of that.

I saw the presentation with all of the cast.

I am excited about the new season.

#77 1 year ago

This was a real teaser. I suggest checking it out.

#78 1 year ago

Personally I feel like this show is nothing like Oak Island.

Oak Island they don't find... MUCH, but at least they find some historical artifacts from time to time, the 'hoax' if that's what it is has been going on a long time, there's a local history to it, even the men that have lived on the Island and worked there are very interesting. They could do a whole show about Heddon making his shaft and who he was, etc. and it would be watchable because it has a history aspect to it. On top of that, the two brothers are very charismatic, and they go out of their way to not have any Drama with anybody. It's just a cool show about not much.

Skinwalker Ranch there's just nothing there, the characters aren't interesting, nothing they're talking about seems that strange or unexplainable, the history of the ranch isn't really much.... there's just no reason to watch, very boring show to me.

At least on Oak Island you have the two brothers, and the rest of the cast all seem pretty cool if you can ignore the voice overs from the production team. The story that something was buried there is at least feasible too, then you can decide if it's still there, or was removed, or was always a hoax, or turned into a hoax, etc. it has some merit as a story. Skinwalker ranch there's just nothing interesting there....

#79 1 year ago

I politely disagree. I think time will tell some different things about the ranch. Maybe I just got the hook in my lip.

Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Personally I feel like this show is nothing like Oak Island.
    Oak Island they don't find... MUCH, but at least they find some historical artifacts from time to time, the 'hoax' if that's what it is has been going on a long time, there's a local history to it, even the men that have lived on the Island and worked there are very interesting. They could do a whole show about Heddon making his shaft and who he was, etc. and it would be watchable because it has a history aspect to it. On top of that, the two brothers are very charismatic, and they go out of their way to not have any Drama with anybody. It's just a cool show about not much.
    Skinwalker Ranch there's just nothing there, the characters aren't interesting, nothing they're talking about seems that strange or unexplainable, the history of the ranch isn't really much.... there's just no reason to watch, very boring show to me.
    At least on Oak Island you have the two brothers, and the rest of the cast all seem pretty cool if you can ignore the voice overs from the production team. The story that something was buried there is at least feasible too, then you can decide if it's still there, or was removed, or was always a hoax, or turned into a hoax, etc. it has some merit as a story. Skinwalker ranch there's just nothing interesting there....

I have not seen 43 minutes of oak island to compare to that 43 minute clip above. I discussed this in front of the voice over guy who does both shows, very recently. As we talked a female oak island fan fully disagreed with me. It was fun.

#80 1 year ago

The history channel has got me.

IMG_2407 (resized).JPGIMG_2407 (resized).JPG
    #82 1 year ago

This all suggests the roots of the skinwalker are far less than extraterrestrial.

Layers upon layers.

#83 1 year ago

Has season 3 hit yet?

3 weeks later
    #84 1 year ago

April 18th is season four.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

April 18th is season four.

Great, that means in 12 days Oak Island is done.

1 week later
    #86 1 year ago

later today you can this watch this part two of the segment.

#87 1 year ago

He spent the night there alone. This is what happened, upcoming. This guy from the New York post. He is fun.

#88 1 year ago

its almost as if TV shows are mostly fiction and used to string you along to keep watching

Quoted from Azmodeus:

later today you can this watch this part two of the segment.

This was wonderful. Its shows like this skinwalker ranch show that made me happy to cancel cable. So stupid it was just infuriating to watch, zero entertainment value even. Some refreshingly nice investigative journalism here from this NY post guy

#89 1 year ago

I'll have to watch that tonight. Has the History channel show started yet?

#90 1 year ago

If you've seen the episode, my comments will make more sense.

Gotta love the helicopter pilot adding to the fake drama by conveniently "not knowing" what updrafts and thermals are when the chopper started getting "pushed around" up in the air with "no winds" coming from any direction.

I think I mentioned it before in this thread, but the willful/purposeful ignorance on the part of some of the "experts" on the show does nothing both for the show or their reputation.

Also, I struggle with the plausibility of the thought that the government watched this Skinwalker Ranch show and saw Travis and decided to hire him for that UAP task force thing. I truly hope our government is more sophisticated than, "Hey, this guy on TV is smart, let's hire him!" Hits a little to close to Idiocracy for my liking.

idiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gifidiocracy-idiocracy-movie.gif
    #91 1 year ago

That Youtube documentary is eye opening. Why did they allow this guy to conduct interviews and tour the property, knowing he would expose the truth? Good job on his part.
    So now what do I watch?

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Also, I struggle with the plausibility of the thought that the government watched this Skinwalker Ranch show and saw Travis and decided to hire him for that UAP task force thing. I truly hope our government is more sophisticated than, "Hey, this guy on TV is smart, let's hire him!" Hits a little to close to Idiocracy for my liking.
    [quoted image]

Unfortunately...our government is exactly that dumb. If not dumber.

#93 1 year ago

Off to another season of malfunctioning experiments and with no tangible result. Last year really ended cool and they completely over looked that in this season opener. I think its just another string along. I still believe somethings up on this world that we are unaware of and the gobment cant keep calling people crazy for seeing flying saucers cuz everyone has a movie camera in their pocket now so they release 4 b/w grainy videos, and shows like this which ultimately reveal nothing. If I see that amazon commercial with the girl with the mustache one more fucking time Im gonna close my prime account! On a positive note Dragon seemed to have a little more articulate dialog and must be flexing that GED he got this winter.

#94 1 year ago

Keep thinking that they are going to drill into an Alien Mothership buried deep into the mesa. LOL

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Keep thinking that they are going to drill into an Alien Mothership buried deep into the mesa. LOL

It's not an alien ship, it's a space shuttle. They've already said that they drilled up some metal bits as found on the protective outer layer of the space shuttle............which is completely covered in a very specific ceramic tile. So, figure that one out.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

It's not an alien ship, it's a space shuttle. They've already said that they drilled up some metal bits as found on the protective outer layer of the space shuttle............which is completely covered in a very specific ceramic tile. So, figure that one out.

Oh, I get it. So the aliens had a Space Shuttle. Cool.

#97 1 year ago

The show sure is entertaining to me. I look forward to seeing where they go. But I am skeptical.
    I like the testing aspects of the show.

I thought that the red trailing on the LiDAR was exactly that. I would imagine the tool went into a mode, and then appeared as a red trail. Because of the scanning that began at that time.

Also, if it were me, the actual test instrument needs full replacement for the next scan.

I got a hook in my mouth.

#98 12 months ago

Forget the phantom lights and mysterious invisible object floating above. Get back to drilling the mesa and find something.
    This show like others has the magical "hook".
    Want to know how to keep and idiot in suspense?
    I'll tell you tomorrow.

#99 12 months ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

For a second I thought I stumbled into the oak island thread.

#100 12 months ago

This show is complete bullshit. Same as the Oak Island crap show. Ridiculous incredible made up crap. I feel like a complete dope watching these shows.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinwalker-ranchare-you-watching/page/2?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.