Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cdemuro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I recently picked up an early Genco machine that was missing its shooter assembly. I tracked down a correct vintage assembly, but it didn't have a rubber tip on the shooter rod. The rod is significantly narrower than the standard, and thus a "regular" tip won't fit.

Does anyone make a "skinny" rod tip?

#2 5 years ago

I have some of the early screw on type but I don't think that's what you need. A workaround that was suggested to me some years back was to build it up with some electrical tape to slide a standard rubber tip on.

#3 5 years ago

On the off chance that this information will help in your search, a 1952 Williams game ( #olympics ) I had many years ago had a skinny shooter rod tip.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys.

AlexF - not the screw in type-- these slide on just like a modern one, just smaller. I already thought of the electrical tape trick, but it looks odd, having the disproportionately sized tip on the shooter rod.

HowardR - Thanks. I looked at the photos on IPDB and can't tell if they are the same or not.

#5 5 years ago

I had a woodrail Williams with the skinny tip and Steve at pinball resource said build it up with electric tape like AlexF suggested. It’s working fine for me.

#6 5 years ago

I go to the auto parts store and get windshield washer hose line. Chop a piece off about a half inch long and slide it onto the old shooter rod. Now a regular shooter tip fits fine.

#7 5 years ago

Caplugs 99390155 Plastic Round Cap VC-375-8, Vinyl, Cap ID 0.375" Length 0.500", Black (Pack of 50) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077DBTLR7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hadcCb6Z5A0CF

Possibly try and find something like this that fits the diameter of your shooter rod.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skinny-shooter-tip-?hl=cdemuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.