Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210903-011834_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

New Virtual pinball machine with 55" screen and heptic feedback. This new pin is being made by Baytek games.
    Seems like they have a ton of licensed games and the manufacturer is big in the arcade world.
    Just wanted to let the community know of a new product coming soon. Here you can find video pictures and website to pre order. I have no affiliation to this company just stumbled across it and thought I would share.

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/skillshot-fx-virtual-pinball-machine/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI172dvIbi8gIViAaICR2AbgNsEAAYASAAEgJIHPD_BwE

Screenshot_20210903-011834_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210903-011834_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

A Vpin for 9 large?

#3 2 years ago

Holy toledo! That's silly money for 2 TVs in a box. Fugly too.

#4 2 years ago

I don't know why but I actually like the design. I have no interest in pincabs, but color me impressed.

#5 2 years ago

I wouldn't buy anything from the pinball company.

#6 2 years ago

The pinball company is just one of the authorized distributors. There is a bunch of companies that will be selling this product. Just thought I would share it with everyone.

#7 2 years ago

Price is too high, but I do like the look of it. I did a mini one using Pinball FX and it was pretty easy to get that 2nd monitor showing the proper backglass and dmd placement. This makes me want to dig that unit out and update the laptop. (I used the laptop to drive it and the laptop screen became the backglass and I just rotated a 20" monitor for playfield)

#8 2 years ago

Wow the story about William’s Vidball prototype from 2001 just came out a few days ago and this looks just like it.
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/vidball-the-untold-story-of-midways-last-pinball-project/

#9 2 years ago

The authorized distributors are listed here:
    https://www.baytekent.com/distribution/
    Most of them are operator-centric.
    .................David Marston

3 weeks later
    #10 2 years ago

GRG has it: https://www.gameroomguys.com/Skillshot-FX-Digital-Pinball-Machine

I do like the appearance, but it's nothing like a "real" pin and should probably be placed in its own space as it will look quite out of place in a lineup. I imagine the objective was to make this look more palatable to fastidious interior décor types and therefore more versatile in terms of placement (improved "wife acceptance factor" vs. a traditional machine).

The biggest issue seems to be high cost and relatively minimal available technical information. At this price it isn't too far away from something like a P3 (if you can swing $9k you can probably swing $12k), which offers a significantly upgraded pinball "experience" as well as significantly more complex hardware for the $$$.

Until there's concrete information to the contrary, I'll assume this thing consists of some generic PC parts, a couple of commodity-grade flat panels, a couple of solenoids and striker plates, a few buttons/switches, and a laminate-over-MDF cabinet; if this turns out to be accurate then I am afraid "the rent is too damn high" at $9k!

#11 2 years ago

The manufacturer is Bay tek games. They are one of the biggest arcade manufacturers in the world. Been in the business building high quality arcade equipment for a very long time. I spoke with one person in the company I know very well and they are extremely excited about this product. They say it's built like a tank and it will be shown off in November in there booth for IAAPA. I agree Virtual pinball is not as good as the real thing. However if they do a good job it may be a nice addition to the line up.

#12 2 years ago

A vpin for that kind of cashola ought to use AI to head track without the user needing to wear anything, and adjust the 3d effect as your head moves around for a realistic depth effect.

I bought the Legends vpin a few weeks ago, and while the games seem more playable than on a phone or tablet, everything looks so flat! The inherent flatness doesn't seem to matter as much on a small screen, but on that big screen, angled away from you, it looks bad. Head tracking would help immensely.

#13 2 years ago

Vpin? Yuck!

#14 2 years ago

I think there is a place for a good virtual pin in a collection. This will never be a true pinball replacement but if a company can make a good experience while playing a variation of games then sure why not.

1 week later
    #15 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

I think there is a place for a good virtual pin in a collection. This will never be a true pinball replacement but if a company can make a good experience while playing a variation of games then sure why not.

Late thread reply, but I agree.

High-end vpins like this which integrate video game pinball into a traditional pinball form-factor certainly have their place. I definitely like the idea of playing the Star Wars and Marvel games (for example) as “real” pins, and high quality vpins like this probably offer as close an experience as possible.

Sure the Williams games won’t be anything remotely as good as the real machines, but they do have appeal. I think some of us who have been doing this a while have probably had sufficient experience with the old “A” list classics (either through play or ownership) that we have lost interest in continued buying/selling of those games in favor of some of the newer stuff. At the same time we still desire to revisit these games from time to time, and a good quality vpin can scratch that itch without any issues of space or maintenance; the “flatness” and artificial nature of vpin is less of a detriment when one is already intimately familiar with the game’s “secrets” through play on real machines, IMO.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skill-shot-fx-pinball-coming-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.