pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 3 years ago

I love the updates!

2 weeks later
#155 3 years ago

my stock wood almost looks like your bottom left, does the stain say gun?

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Yep the color was ”gunstock”. It’s the newest one. I actually haven’t tested it on the red oak, will do tomorrow!

My repro header is oak I think and the stock ones have a different grain. The stock stuff is kind of red-ish. Wondering if it is pine or something cheap. I can show you a pic if you are interested in the two.

thanks for the pics! I may try to redo my header with a new piece of wood and stain.

#173 3 years ago

holy moly that looks great! Loving the progress.

2 weeks later
#191 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I love what you’re doing but honestly, if I owned one, I would just paint my cabinet one solid color... possibly orange or Navy blue.

Funny story, so I think mine may of been repainted, but it looked like a truck bed liner gray. so I was kind of like, ugh, wtf is this. Then I think I learned that was how they painted them? If I was going to redo one, I'd just do the gray paint or maybe even bed line it so it had the texture!

1 week later
#203 3 years ago

did you get or make stencils for the cab?

#208 3 years ago

What about like a formica w/ yellow laminate on it? almost like a thin counter top

3 months later
#294 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you're not done, disregard. The hump on each end is suppose to be thinner than the rest of the casting. The only reason I mention this is I've seen a couple of guys wanting this part reproduced, and this is the closest model I've seen
[quoted image]

Model as in not original or a picture of the original and the one the op is working on?

Ya, I’d love a repro, mine is a Chinese one off eBay that I’ve chopped up and it drops a nickel down but it isn’t pretty

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Anyone want me to get nuts with my calipers?

I do! I do!

#302 3 years ago

Man 3D printing has come along way...

A dream would be a skill roll diy that could hang or be pretty thin on the wall. All parts could be 3d printed or sourced from a box store.

Man, I get jealous of everyone that just dives in and does these cool diy projects!! So awesome! So keep it up! Maybe after the kiddos get older I’ll have time for some projects.

3 weeks later
#315 3 years ago

Such good updates! Great work on the springs, I hope that helps anyone that needs new ones!

1 week later
#320 3 years ago

lookin good!

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

The florescent bulb in the original is just as bad about showing every scratch and speck of dust. It took a lot to learn to live with it

haha, I third this :-p

You know how awsome this rgb would be if you tied colors or reactions to score switches? I mean.... making a "new" age skill roll with this would be so cool.

Looking great!

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Each score insert will also have an individually controllable RGB LED behind it. Since the software knows which "level" the coin is at, I'm planning on making some cool chasing effects.

YEAAAAH!!! I just imagine all the led effects like the new raw thrills games, or tna etc. Can't wait to see more! Glad you decided to take this on. It is awesome seeing people do projects that I can only just dream about at the moment.

2 months later
#343 2 years ago

Nice update!

That coin accepter looks pretty good! are you doing the reject button as well?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skill-roll-remake?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.