Not a ton of progress over here:
Painted the other side the other day, cabinet is ready to clear if I want to. It looks pretty dang good as is though.
I changed my thought with the oak - I'm going to get some new boards, maybe splurge on maple.
What I measured was 2.75", the "1x3" red oak I got from menards is actually 2.5.
Going to get the "1x4" (3.5) and rip it down to the proper 2.75.
That tiny 1/4" extrapolated over the top, bottom, and tray oak pieces ultimately causes a .75" gap.
The holes for the sensors have a little bit of a gap between the wood and the sensor. Not good. It would've worked with the vinyl but not this.
It's because the sensor head is .4" and the thread right below it is .45" - so .025" all the way around.
A vinyl coverup is a close color match, but not close enough.
I see two paths:
1. Find something to fill in the gap - wrap it in masking tape? All I need it for is to take paint and look decent before the clear.
2. Sand the metal thread off (PITA x30 sensors), cut a new playfield that just has .4" sensor holes
Fall is in full effect in Chicago, it's only a matter of time until it's too cold to shoot the clear.
Not opposed to having a non-cleared PF to test over the winter and maybe finalize one in the spring.
Autodesk also recently announced that they're pulling a ton of features from the free Fusion360 license. A lot of people are pissed but what can ya do (other than buy a license). Kind of want to cut an extra playfield while I still can. Also, make a backup of the G-code for any future playfields.
Took the week after next off of work, hoping to get a bunch of progress then.