• Latest reply 2 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0CD87E9-5A7F-4FDE-92F3-FFCA786F5AAD (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

hey pinside ive got a 93 gottlieb system 3 wipe out the ski lift sensor is only working intermittently though. the ski lift works fine in test just when the ball rolls over the sensor it doesnt kick on until the machine starts looking for ball. i opened it up to try adjusting the sensor but its got an electronic kind of sensor with several notices warning me not to try adjusting it. anyone else have this problem? ideas? sensor need to be replaced? the manual says its good for over a million plays!

#2 2 years ago

Well ignore the good for a million plays thing. Ha!! Some are good for one play before they go poof. I used to have a Wipeout. Liked that game and would enjoy having it again but alas no room.

To your dilemma. I vaguely recall that sensor. I don’t think it was an option but regardless it sounds flaky if it works in test mode but not when the ball is present. If that switch is avail it may be worth replacing it to see if that rectifies the issue. Just a thought. Disclaimer. I am not a Pinside Expert!!

#3 2 years ago

Hi, welcome to Pinside. I’ve got a wipeout had it for years, still plays 100%. I can recall having a problem with this sensor early on. Sadly I can’t exactly recall how I fixed it! I don’t think I had to replace sensor but I did replace some boards. Will check my spares box and see if I can find what I changed.

PM me if you need further help

#4 2 years ago

Have a look here, seems alot of people have had the same issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wipe-out-the-ski-lift-is-now-open

#5 2 years ago

nick no one talking about the ski lift in that particular thread. i poked around pinside but closest thing they said try disassembling the smart switch and cleaning it which i tried and it actually worked again for a little while but then stopped responding again. makes me think maybe it is a board.
pinball freak any luck a photo or location of that board? id like to see if mines got any suspicious marks on it

#6 2 years ago

a13 resistor board by chance? this is the only one that looks kind burnt. its all the way at the bottom

D0CD87E9-5A7F-4FDE-92F3-FFCA786F5AAD (resized).jpegD0CD87E9-5A7F-4FDE-92F3-FFCA786F5AAD (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago

If memory serves that resistor board is for the solenoids and not your smart switch. Pinside experts please verify me

#8 2 years ago

I looked back and I believe that resistor board is fir the pop bumper lights. If I recall the original board had small like 5 watt resistors in it that had a propensity to fall off as they got very hot. Yours has the sandohm resistors that can take a lot more heat so that is good. Regardless that board does not have anything to do with your smart switch I believe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ski-ramp-on-gottlieb-wipe-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.