Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bowlerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (1) (resized).png
    image (2) (resized).png
    spring (resized).jpeg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_3 (resized).jpg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_2 (resized).jpg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_1 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_15 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_14 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_13 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_12 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_11 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_10 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_09 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_08 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_07 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_06 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a mechanical skee ball machine and thought it would be a nice touch to add the "Winner" light/marquee atop the rolodex tin/cover, like you see in some older arcade photos. I cant seem to locate one so if anyone out there has one they could measure and possibly add pics that would be great, I will try to make one.

Thanks
    Steve

skeeball_winner (resized).jpgskeeball_winner (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

that would be great - thank you

#6 5 years ago

Ansolutely perfect. Great. Thank you very much

Steve

1 week later
    #7 5 years ago

I started on the metal fabrication. I think it's at good starting point. It's a slow process since I have my right arm in a sling with a broken collar bone but managing to get stuff done... I'll keep posting as I go.... (yes that's a shuffle alley puck on top keeping it in place as I take pics)

thanks

Steve

sb_winner_fab1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_fab1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_fab2 (resized).jpgsb_winner_fab2 (resized).jpgsb_winner_fab3 (resized).jpgsb_winner_fab3 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #8 5 years ago

Update #2 - making progress.

sb_winner_stencil_1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_2 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_2 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_test1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_test1 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_test2 (resized).jpgsb_winner_stencil_test2 (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

It's alive... need to do some cosmetic stuff and then tackle the electrical, but this is what it will look like

20180815_131741 (resized).jpg20180815_131741 (resized).jpg20180815_131750 (resized).jpg20180815_131750 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Thanks guys... Yes, this is totally mechanical and after I completed the restoration I then added the light for the score. No other electronics were in it when I got it. My thought was exactly a micro switch being triggered by the flipping number score reel. Something like how a score motor cam works on an EM pin but longer pins, I'll give that some serious thought. When I complete that, I'll post again...

thanks
    Steve

#15 5 years ago

No back door, I need to build one, I guess I'll put a "Restored" date there. But the front of the machine only has a coin box on the right side, the left side is nothing. see pic

20180815_160032 (resized).jpg20180815_160032 (resized).jpg
    #18 5 years ago

No Numbers on the side of my score reel. My plate is 2 pieces but no numbers. Thanks for the pic of the micro switch setup, the gets me thinking and my wheels churning

#20 5 years ago

Question about the numbered plates in the pic that MarkG posted... the outer plate is a 2 piece setup with the numbers label. Just like my outer plate but with holes for the longer pins. Now, am I seeing it correctly that the inner plate also has a label on it and if so why. Also another question, how do those longer pins stay in place and not work themselves out since there is no 90 degree bend like the shorter pins

#22 5 years ago

Thanks for that info and pics, that was helpful. And WOW nice setup at the pond, just awesome, love the old playground pieces.

1 week later
    #23 5 years ago

Ok, I think Im done. I have it set to light up at 250 and higher. After making a mounting bracket for the micro switch, I tried a handful of different micro switches but each one I tried was too stiff and the score reel was unable to trip it "on". So I made my own switch from extra leaf switch parts I had from my EM pins. The switch also has a piece of fish paper that will insolate the contact of the metal hanger pin and the switch when completing the circuit. I also needed to replace the shorter hanger pins with the longer straight hanger pins from 250 to 450, this would keep the circuit completed. the circuit opens when score reset to zero.

note- If somebody has the exact micro switch part number that is used, I can try and locate one and see how that works

Again, Thank You, everyone for your help,

Steve

20180827_114236 (resized).jpg20180827_114236 (resized).jpg20180827_114505 (resized).jpg20180827_114505 (resized).jpg
    #25 5 years ago

Thanks. Yes, 21 pins to keep the contact closed. No micro switch came with the game. I was able to get the straight pins and the end plate with the numbered paper label on it from a guy in Yonkers.

1 year later
    #34 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, I do have some documentation that may be useful.

Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_02 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_02 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_03 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_03 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_04 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_04 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_05 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_05 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_06 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_06 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_07 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_07 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_08 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_08 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_09 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_09 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_10 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_10 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_11 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_11 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_12 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_12 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_13 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_13 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_14 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_14 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_15 (resized).jpgMaintenance Instructions - Parts and Prints_Page_15 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_1 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_1 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_2 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_2 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_3 (resized).jpgMechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skee-ball-winner-light-marquee?tu=smohr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.