Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bowlerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (1) (resized).png
    image (2) (resized).png
    spring (resized).jpeg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_3 (resized).jpg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_2 (resized).jpg
    Mechanical Skee Ball Diagrams_Page_1 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_15 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_14 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_13 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_12 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_11 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_10 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_09 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_08 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_07 (resized).jpg
    Maintenance Instructions - Parts  and Prints_Page_06 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Physics.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago

Do any of you have a manual for these old Skee Balls? I'm having fits trying to make adjustments on the vertical rod to get everything to reset properly.

#28 3 years ago

The problem I am having is getting the collars on the vertical rod adjusted so that three things happen.

First of all, the pull on the game start handle needs to be able to reset the score reel. The upper collar needs to be set high enough on the thin sliding vertical rod to get the spring tension needed to pull the inner sliding rod down to reset the reel.

Second, after pulling the ball release handle by the player it should go back fully to its initial position.

Third, the vertical rod must raise back up enough so that the arm that catches and moves the reel during reset returns back to the point that it can catch and reset the reel again in a new game.

I can only get two of these requirements to work on a reset. Changing the collar position to increase or decrease the spring tension will correct one fault but then another issue fails.

If you have a manual is there anything in it about adjusting these collars?

Also how would you adjust the closing force of the hydraulic door closer to increase the closing force of the piston?

#29 3 years ago

By the way it also resets to 10 every time.

#31 3 years ago

The problem centers on the two collars on the thin, vertical rod and spring in the back of the game as shown in the pictures.

14E43330-D23E-4EA2-8239-BB7FBFF64A1F (resized).jpeg14E43330-D23E-4EA2-8239-BB7FBFF64A1F (resized).jpeg1A07DC1B-DC3D-4DDB-963E-317C16D9B19D (resized).jpeg1A07DC1B-DC3D-4DDB-963E-317C16D9B19D (resized).jpeg
    #36 3 years ago

Well, I gave up trying to get the two collars adjusted to get everything to work properly. I've spent probably 4-5 hours trying to get adjustments right. I ended up adding enough spring force to the original spring to get the score rolodex to reset when the player's handle is pulled. But to do that the trip rod couldn't return high enough to engage the reset cam on the score unit. So I added a spring to counter that so it could return as it should as shown in the picture. Works perfectly now.

spring (resized).jpegspring (resized).jpeg
    #39 3 years ago

Yeah, the problem just kind of happened out of nowhere. The odd thing is, with this extra spring installed it now resets to zero like it should.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Physics.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skee-ball-winner-light-marquee?tu=Pinball_Physics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.