• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Blenderhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Hi group,

Well, you see the subject line. What is the fix approach for this symptom?

#2 5 months ago

Usually worn parts causes this. If you can adjust the coil stop so the bar doesn't reset too high that helps (I don't think Bally has this seems like Gottlieb was the only maker that did).

Check for play in the fiberboard link on the plunger. If it resets too high and you check the fingers that go through to the back plate and they go off the track or too high - due to flexing of that plate it won't be as flush as it could be - bend back a little to compensate. Check for play in the fingers. Check for excessive wear on the coil stop/plunger.

#3 5 months ago

Some target assemblies were machined out of spec. You can install a metal rod through the holes in the sides of the target frame to act as a stop to prevent this.

#4 5 months ago
#5 5 months ago

That's good information I didn't know about the additional bar. Makes sense.... but... I guess the holes were already in the side plates for the bar??

#6 5 months ago

Thanks for all your replies. My game is out on location now, but I think I will look into adding a bar/ mod.

#7 5 months ago

A zip tie at base of plunger does same thing.
You just want to limit travel.

#8 5 months ago

It was a defect in the die used at one time to make the DT parts. Not all target banks had the problem. Depends on who was running the stamping machine in the shop the day the parts were made.

#9 5 months ago

I had this exact same problem on the drops on Supersonic. You know the metal plate with the guide slots that the lifting mechanisms go through? I had to gently (with a hammer) bend that plate at the top of the slots inward, TOWARD the arms. It was slightly bulging outward and allowing the arm to travel upward far enough to jump to one side and get stuck. This fixed it completely.

#10 5 months ago
Quoted from dyopp21:I had this exact same problem on the drops on Supersonic. You know the metal plate with the guide slots that the lifting mechanisms go through? I had to gently (with a hammer) bend that plate at the top of the slots inward, TOWARD the arms. It was slightly bulging outward and allowing the arm to travel upward far enough to jump to one side and get stuck. This fixed it completely.

Similar to what I did on mine with channel locks although there was no real sign of bulging.

I want to add this is nothing new. I remember Bally games on location back in the day with drop targets stuck up out of their tracks.

One case where the Stern product of the time was far superior in function and design.

1 month later
#11 4 months ago

Ended up fabricating a custom rod and mounted it to the 2 holes on each side of the target bank assembly, has worked perfect since, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside