(Topic ID: 158421)

Skateball sound board

By JGREVIVAL

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Anyone know what part on this sound card is bad? Or who rebuilds Sound boards in Southern CA.
Here is a Video of the issue

#2 7 years ago

I don't think the sound board is bad. This happened to me, and after I adjusted the sound options it no longer happens. This is happening because the sound option currently chosen has no background sound (the whooshing). Adjust the sound by pressing the self test button until the player score displays show the number 18. Then press the replay (start) button until the setting/option number changes to 03. My guess is you have it set on 01 or 02, which has no background sound. Hope this helps. Cheers!

#3 7 years ago

Hi Steve. Thanks for the tip. But did not resole issue. It changed the tone of the sound though.

#4 7 years ago

Oh well. Try all four settings one at a time and see what sounds best: 00, 01, 02 or 03. Beyond that, you may have a soundboard issue.
On Pinside, barakandl and acebathound are good with board questions. You could reach out to one of them.

#5 7 years ago

Hey steve.
I think you are right! That noise is a sound option until the ball is launched in play.

#6 7 years ago

Supposed to be the soothing sound of ocean waves. LOL. More like controlled static. But at least it's better than a sticking tone before the ball plunge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-sound-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.