Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Been looking for a skateball for awhile and just wondering what they go for these days. Just a ballpark price. Most seem to change hands privately so no advertised price.

#2 6 years ago

Honestly, I'd expect a nice one to command $1500+. The Pinside estimate seems lower than any sale I know of recently for one without notable wear

Worn, low 1s. Maybe $900-1400 for one with wear at the shooter lane / bonus section

#3 6 years ago

Condition is key. 900-1500 is a good estimate for one you might find for sale. I do think a super nice one would get 2K or more. This game and Quicksiver have really seemed to gain value quickly in the last couple years.

#4 6 years ago

I was thinking the same. I know pinside price for it is really low.

#5 6 years ago

Thank you guys have someone in my wtb thread saying over 2k with wear and that seems crazy.

#6 6 years ago

We sold a really nice one with perfect glass, nice field with no wear and really bright colored cab for 1800 a few months back.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Thank you guys have someone in my wtb thread saying over 2k with wear and that seems crazy.

Cause it is crazy. Haha

#8 6 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/groups/499649376898165?view=permalink&id=784524771743956

I think the people we sold it to resold it. Probably got 1800-2k

#9 6 years ago

So I have a good ballpark price. Now the hard part finding one.

#10 6 years ago

I luckily found one local to me with very little playfield wear other than ball swirls, perfect BG, and a relatively nice cabinet for $1200 about 6 months ago; I snapped it up without hesitation and don’t plan on letting it go!

#11 6 years ago

People hold onto Skateball pins, they don't come up for sale that often.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

yeah that was me. i didnt mean heavy sand belt play field wear and heavy flaking peeling back glass wear. i meant normal wear. not excessive.

and one just sold on facebook for 2200 and it sold within minutes of the post with others wanting it to. it wasnt cq. just normal.
its a hot title right now and popping up in tourneys its become more popular this past year or so.
Just the same as Frontier. both sell for over 2k unless play fields are totally beat and back glass beat as well.
i
id pay $1500 all day for one right now in average condition so if anyone on this post stating they sell for less and in these 900 etc range, if you have one message me (seriously). sold mine for $1300 a few years back with nice back glass but play field had wear which was touched up but not the best. that also sold quickly.

#13 6 years ago

Yep...they don't come up often at all. I bought the one in Ohio for 2k, it needs a little touch up but nothing I can't handle...sold my Frontier 2 months ago for $3200, doubled my money. The market on the Bally/Stern from 79 - 81 is popping. Quite a few great games have low run numbers. Out of them still around,,,,,maybe 1/3. Pounce now before they double in the next year or two. Just some killer titles, art, and playfield set up during that time. Good luck OP

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Yep...they don't come up often at all. I bought the one in Ohio for 2k, yes it needs a little touch up, but not that much..sold my Frontier 2 months ago for $3200. The market on the Bally/Stern from 79 - 81 is popping. Quite a few great games have low run numbers. Out of them still around,,,,,maybe 1/3. Pounce now before they double in the next year or two. Just some killer titles, art, and playfield set up during that time. Good luck OP

#15 6 years ago

I paid $1700 cdn plus a few hundred for shipping a couple of months ago. It has a good playfield with minor wear, typical cabinet wear and nice backglass, needed full shop and flipper rebuild. I thought it was a fair price.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I paid $1700 cdn plus a few hundred for shipping a couple of months ago. It has a good playfield with minor wear, typical cabinet wear and nice backglass, needed full shop and flipper rebuild. I thought it was a fair price.

And good new is it will be worth double in a year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-price-check?hl=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.