(Topic ID: 300401)

Skateball drop target(s) reset issue - ideas?

By EvanDickson

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

This one is new to me. I've had target banks where targets drop too easy before, but this is the opposite.

After dismantling a non-working target bank in skateball (previous owner had a broken target, so they bolted and glued them in place for aesthetics), I cleaned moving parts in ultrasonic and reassembled. Now I have an issue where targets are frequently over resetting. When this happens, the target gets stuck in the upright position and can't be knocked down.

When the reset bar moves the targets back up on the z axis, sometimes one or more target over-reset, and the arm comes out of the guide slot on the target bank cassette. If it doesn't go back in, then targets get wedged in place and the target can't be knocked down.

They always fall out on the same side of the guide slot, but I'm not sure what could be adding a lateral force to any of the mechanisms.

Has anyone encountered something similar, and if so, what did you do?

Targets sometimes stick, and can't be knocked down:

An inside view of the sticky targets - on reset the swing arms are resetting too far and can escape the slot that keeps them fixed on the z axis. When this happens, the swing arm wedges against the cassette and the targets can't be knocked down. On the 4th reset with my fingers in this vid, they ALL came out of the guide slot.

I know the targets are all the wrong artwork this pin needs a lot of TLC.

#2 2 years ago

the plate that has the switches on, which the links slide up and down through should be on the inside of the bottom bracket, not the outside

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

the plate that has the switches on, which the links slide up and down through should be on the inside of the bottom bracket, not the outside

Perfect, thank you! I rebuilt it as I found it, but I did find it in a pretty sorry state

2 weeks later
#5 2 years ago

Did that work, I am having the same problem on my Skateball?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Off-Kilter:

Did that work, I am having the same problem on my Skateball?

That worked. The back plate should have been on the inside edge of the bottom bracket, not the outside.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-drop-targets-reset-issue-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.