playfield (resized).jpg
stencil (resized).jpg
game (resized).jpg
skateball instructions watermarked (resized).png
skateball credits watermarked (resized).png
SoftSettings_modBW.png
ScoreLevels_modBW.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).png
Bally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

cool, Skateball Club

I had one and sold off a while ago but still have a unpopulated playfield as well as a populated playfield with full harness and want to get some boards and get it running in the near future in skeleton form.

I will be attempting a flipper upgrade

10 months later
#145 7 years ago

great game Tommy, miss having one, still on the lookout and still have a populated playfield as well

2 months later
#156 7 years ago

here are the complete rules thanks to the help from multiple people (from another thread I had)

Skateball_Rules_(resized).jpgSkateball_Rules_(resized).jpg

7 months later
#186 7 years ago

your right Tommy that is not looking like an accurate reproduction - colours and shading

1 year later
#286 5 years ago

does anyone have a medium to hi-res photo of the back of the backglass?

1 year later
5 months later
#318 4 years ago

skateball 2 looks nice

3 months later
#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Skateball lovers.... I come to you in great need.
Using quarantine to tackle my first playfield swap....and well let's just say attempting to pull an all-nighter and do this was a terrible idea to start with. If anyone has done a swap and can share your pictures of the underside I would be greatly appreciative.
If no one out there has done that, but you are willing to lift your playfield up and take me detailed pictures of the wireharness connections at the switches at the top of the playfield, basically everything above the 5-bank of drops on the playfield it would help me out a ton.
When I washed the harness i released too many zip ties and it turned my harness into a tangled mess that I'm working on solving. Thank you so much for any help. Pics can be emailed to [email protected] or just message me here and let me know how it would be best to get them from you.

I have a populated skateball playfield if you need any pics just let me know if no one can share what you need - playfield is under the house - will did out later

#340 4 years ago

photos sent to your email Tommy

1 week later
#357 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Can someone remove their shooter gate and take a couple photos? I'll probably end up making one with piano wire.

I have one in my populated playfield that I will make a 3d model and dimension up if that helps

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Can someone remove their shooter gate and take a couple photos? I'll probably end up making one with piano wire.

modeled up and just have to work out the dimensioning

gate1 (resized).pnggate1 (resized).png
#364 4 years ago

here is the sketch - sorry I work in millimetres and this is fairly close without making one

- 1.4mm dia wire
- I drew the centre line of the wire form and then 1.5mm radius at each turn and then added the radius throughout the shape - hence some of the slightly off dimensions

hope it helps

and also available here for printing off a template
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire

Skateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).pngSkateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).png
1 month later
#370 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I see shapeways says available in polished bronze and brushed nickel. Is that actually metal or just metallic look? Sorry I'm new to this. Didnt realize you could 3D print metal. Ha

yes they print metal, via 0.1mm layers of metal dust then the join with applying a special glue then once finished they carefully remove the part and dip into a special liquid metal solution that goes to the areas of the glue and replaces the glue with metal.

Note about this metal part is it can be printed in metal but not ideal as not sure how it will go and typically you can bend the wireform to spring into the holes of the bracket. Since 3d printed metal is not spring metal the bracket would need to be bent so not ideal. It was meant to be printed in plastic so you have a 3d model to bend spring wire to the same shape as a tricky shape to bend to via a drawing.

also if you become a member of Shapeways (no cost or commitment) you can go to this model and download the 3d STL model for free via a "Download Product" tab and then 3D print your own to then bend to.

merely just trying to help

2 months later
#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Newforestpinball:

Love Skateball. One of our Bally SS favourites. Such a cool looking game!......
Here is a few pictures of ours.....Hope you enjoy them.........Keith.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice game and love the use of the plastics for the coin door

3 years later
#534 5 months ago

gearing up to do a Skateball build - have Alltek boards, playfield wiring etc but still alot to find and do but was going through the manual as don't have a game to work from and just trying to refresh myself on the dip switches - 32 in total.

I decided to put all the switch options on a spreadsheet to better visualise these.
- The ones in red are double ups with slightly different descriptions I believe
- except the Switch 30 and switch 32 red - I think the Red 32 is a typo in the manual on page 4 at the bottom - is this correct as top of page 6 mentionsballs in play for switch 32

I could not find reference to the following switches

Can someone explain the on / off results for these 4 switches please as well as correct me on any of the above other switches in the spreadsheet

thanks for your help

Bally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdfBally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdfScreen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).png
#536 5 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

Switches 31 and 32 are used for the balls per game. These two switch definitions (and some others) are standard amongst the Bally games that use the version 40 system ROM at U6.
I'm pretty sure the DIP switch 32 on page 4 is a typo and should be listed as DIP switch 30.

They're most likely not used. If you want I can have a look in the code to see whether they're accessed but probably won't have time til next week.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Wow, if you have access to the code that would be amazing and very much appreciated - when time allows. Thanks

1 week later
#540 5 months ago

I measured up the gate wire for the shooter lane side and modelled it.

If you have an account and log in or create an account you can download the file for free - once logged in a download button appears.

You could download and 3d print to then replicate the gate wire bends in the piano wire.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.