playfield (resized).jpg
stencil (resized).jpg
game (resized).jpg
skateball instructions watermarked (resized).png
skateball credits watermarked (resized).png
SoftSettings_modBW.png
ScoreLevels_modBW.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).png
Bally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I am in the middle of a playfield swap on my skateball. I am missing the gate that at the end of the shooter lane. These are no longer available from the usual suspects. Anyone have one laying around?
Thanks
Mike

New to the club!! I'm missing this same exact gate as well.

But I'm not as concerned with the gate missing as I am with the LEDs ghosting and strobing. I ordered the comet warm white frosted retro bullets. They look really nice minus the ghosting/strobing issue. I am a system11 lover and have never had this issue before.

Is there an easy solution? At first I thought of the LED OCD board but that isnt designed for these older Ballys.

20200409_235721 (resized).jpg20200409_235721 (resized).jpg
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

NEW Bally / Stern Lamp Driver Board with LED support
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

Awesome! Exactly what I needed!

Thanks Tsskinne

#356 4 years ago

Can someone remove their shooter gate and take a couple photos? I'll probably end up making one with piano wire.

#358 4 years ago

Perfect. Thanks.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You dont need a whole new lamp board if yours works. You can either solder resistors to each controlled lamp socket, or easier yet, get a set of Seigecraft LED boards to get rid of the strobing.

Just found the siegecraft boards 45$ is half the cost of the lamp driver board. Out of stock direct from siegecraft. Guess I'll put in another order with marco.

#365 4 years ago

Is the only volume pot on the soundboard? Or am I just missing the cabinet pot?

4 weeks later
#369 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the sketch - sorry I work in millimetres and this is fairly close without making one
- 1.4mm dia wire
- I drew the centre line of the wire form and then 1.5mm radius at each turn and then added the radius throughout the shape - hence some of the slightly off dimensions
hope it helps
and also available here for printing off a template
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire[quoted image]

I see shapeways says available in polished bronze and brushed nickel. Is that actually metal or just metallic look? Sorry I'm new to this. Didnt realize you could 3D print metal. Ha

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes they print metal, via 0.1mm layers of metal dust then the join with applying a special glue then once finished they carefully remove the part and dip into a special liquid metal solution that goes to the areas of the glue and replaces the glue with metal.
Note about this metal part is it can be printed in metal but not ideal as not sure how it will go and typically you can bend the wireform to spring into the holes of the bracket. Since 3d printed metal is not spring metal the bracket would need to be bent so not ideal. It was meant to be printed in plastic so you have a 3d model to bend spring wire to the same shape as a tricky shape to bend to via a drawing.
also if you become a member of Shapeways (no cost or commitment) you can go to this model and download the 3d STL model for free via a "Download Product" tab and then 3D print your own to then bend to.
merely just trying to help

Very helpful. Just trying to understand how it all works. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome?tu=flashball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.