playfield (resized).jpg
stencil (resized).jpg
game (resized).jpg
skateball instructions watermarked (resized).png
skateball credits watermarked (resized).png
SoftSettings_modBW.png
ScoreLevels_modBW.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).png
Bally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GSones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

I've been able to get the red lane guides. The white ones seem to be a bit more difficult to locate.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-695-5

3 weeks later
#65 8 years ago

I'm on the list. Been hoping for this one for a while!

C'mon all you Skateballers and let's push this one to the "closed" status ASAP.

#76 8 years ago

I'm working on fixing some wiring hacks on my Skateball and I have a question about the 24 pin (6x4 .062) square connector that hooks up the lamp panel to the backbox wiring harness. The wiring schematic only shows 23 pins connected with pin 24 being open. My game has all 24 pins used. On my game this is a wire that was obviously cut and spliced so I'm trying to figure out what's up. By the way, this wire is going from pin 24 to the connector on the MPU (don't have the schematic in front of me but it's the 28 pin one).

If anyone has a picture of the wires going into this connector or confirmation that all 24 pins are used that'd be great.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Is that a pneumatic sander you have? I would love to see a picture. what grit do you use? and about how long does it take to strip down?
My other option is to build a whole new cabinet.

I've had good luck just using paint stripper for the majority of paint removal with an orbital sander for the final clean up. It was surprisingly fast (and not as dusty).

1 week later
#89 8 years ago

This has got to be some sort of record for quickly closing out the pre-order. Way to go fellow Skateballers. I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this one.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Look at this mess.
Anyone mind taking some good pictures of the wiring for the rectifier board? I have a new Pinhead one going in along with all new Altek boards. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

20160309_161631_(resized).jpg

That's some serious hacking going on there. You'll need to get the wiring schematic and learn how to decipher it.

This is the best pic I have available at work. Maybe it'll help a bit...

skateball_backbox_(resized).JPGskateball_backbox_(resized).JPG

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I have the schematic but it doesn't tell me what color wire goes where. That picture helps but need pictures of each connector that show the colors. I'd appreciate it.

Based on the "repair" to the board I'd be careful about just going based on wire colors alone. Who knows what kind of repairs / hacks have been done over the years. Here's some details from the Skateball Wiring Schematic that may help you sort out what's going on. I highlighted one pin just to demonstrate how to decipher the code. I'd grab a volt meter and run down each wire one at a time just to be sure.

Skateball_Power_Supply_connector_diagram_(resized).jpgSkateball_Power_Supply_connector_diagram_(resized).jpg

Skateball_Wire_Color_Code_(resized).jpgSkateball_Wire_Color_Code_(resized).jpg

#107 8 years ago

I'd go for that Viking in a New York minute. It looks like a great combination of Mata Hari meets Playboy meets in-line drops meets spinner. Nothing bad there.

3 years later
#322 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joined the club over the weekend! I have TNA sandwiched between the 2 Ballys, and a Sorcerer as the redheaded step child as far as early SS games go. I have all of my modern games on the other wall. I've been eyeing one up for a couple years now, and finally was able to pick one up a fair distance from me, but certainly worth the trip.
General question, the original PF is in pretty good shape. Only 2 parts of missing paint, a small bit in the purple lane by the rollover targets, and one part in between the left pop bumper and the upper 3 bank drop target. Some swirl marks around various parts.
I see that there is still Silver CPRs available. Would you do the CPR or have the original pf restored and cleared, if you were wanting to get a really nice pf? Cost-wise, what would the differences be?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't speak to the cost but due to the complexity of the playfield art I'd be inclined to pick up a CPR repro. BTW, keep an eye on the HEP weekly thread as there will be a Skateball coming through very soon.

1 month later
#336 4 years ago

Check the HEP restoration thread. He's working on my skateball right now and has shown a bunch of pics. You might find what you need there.

1 week later
#346 4 years ago

For some reason, looking at that rat's-nest harness makes me feel very uneasy...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GSones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome?tu=GSones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.