Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 117 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tftc skateball 007 (resized).JPG
816E7B53-51BD-49DE-9C1A-192BBE0DB27F (resized).jpeg
BF9412E4-9451-47DD-8990-35643851E092 (resized).jpeg
294AD6A6-E701-456A-B6F3-083FEB9164B2 (resized).jpeg
Skateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).png
gate1 (resized).png
b37484de37c6dd7b54615fa519a9cdf666f87f88 (resized).jpg
20200409_235721 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
4E0A00F1-CF11-48A8-B6CC-D35890456A22 (resized).jpeg
58B6F9C2-AD5B-4F1D-A42E-D94770A2793B (resized).jpeg
D33ECCC9-FEF2-43D9-9F4E-294C12E7079D (resized).jpeg
FAC8CA65-89D6-4896-A063-3FB9700DEDE9 (resized).jpeg
831D0B8B-375D-42AC-AF42-821ED290DE5F (resized).jpeg
66290976-A921-4796-8E11-1D82F0004B63 (resized).jpeg
CD55CA1A-FCAD-418D-BE1B-955DD53DE56F (resized).jpeg

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 89 days ago

Of note - the gate at the end of the shooter lane is the exact same dimensions as the gate by the spinner

#352 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

New to the club!! I'm missing this same exact gate as well.
But I'm not as concerned with the gate missing as I am with the LEDs ghosting and strobing. I ordered the comet warm white frosted retro bullets. They look really nice minus the ghosting/strobing issue. I am a system11 lover and have never had this issue before.
Is there an easy solution? At first I thought of the LED OCD board but that isnt designed for these older Ballys.[quoted image]

Incandescent bulbs?

#353 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

But I'm not as concerned with the gate missing as I am with the LEDs ghosting and strobing. I ordered the comet warm white frosted retro bullets. They look really nice minus the ghosting/strobing issue. I am a system11 lover and have never had this issue before.
Is there an easy solution? At first I thought of the LED OCD board but that isnt designed for these older Ballys.[quoted image]

NEW Bally / Stern Lamp Driver Board with LED support

https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#354 89 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

NEW Bally / Stern Lamp Driver Board with LED support
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

Awesome! Exactly what I needed!

Thanks Tsskinne

#355 89 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That was the rats nest I created when I washed it and the reason I needed pictures to be able to fix it.

well shit man... dont leave those of us with OCD hanging...

show us the picture after it has been cleaned up and organized again.

#356 89 days ago

Can someone remove their shooter gate and take a couple photos? I'll probably end up making one with piano wire.

#357 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Can someone remove their shooter gate and take a couple photos? I'll probably end up making one with piano wire.

I have one in my populated playfield that I will make a 3d model and dimension up if that helps

#358 89 days ago

Perfect. Thanks.

#359 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

You dont need a whole new lamp board if yours works. You can either solder resistors to each controlled lamp socket, or easier yet, get a set of Seigecraft LED boards to get rid of the strobing.

#360 89 days ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Incandescent bulbs?

Yes, those were the best choice at least for my game.

b37484de37c6dd7b54615fa519a9cdf666f87f88 (resized).jpg
#361 89 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You dont need a whole new lamp board if yours works. You can either solder resistors to each controlled lamp socket, or easier yet, get a set of Seigecraft LED boards to get rid of the strobing.

Just found the siegecraft boards 45$ is half the cost of the lamp driver board. Out of stock direct from siegecraft. Guess I'll put in another order with marco.

#362 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Just found the siegecraft boards 45$ is half the cost of the lamp driver board. Out of stock direct from siegecraft. Guess I'll put in another order with marco.

Reach out to hhaase as he is Seigecraft and is active on the forums. I believe Comet Pinball ryanwanger also sells a version of the boards as well.

#363 89 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

modeled up and just have to work out the dimensioning

gate1 (resized).png
#364 89 days ago

here is the sketch - sorry I work in millimetres and this is fairly close without making one

- 1.4mm dia wire
- I drew the centre line of the wire form and then 1.5mm radius at each turn and then added the radius throughout the shape - hence some of the slightly off dimensions

hope it helps

and also available here for printing off a template
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire

Skateball Gate Wire sketch (resized).png
#365 87 days ago

Is the only volume pot on the soundboard? Or am I just missing the cabinet pot?

#366 87 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Is the only volume pot on the soundboard? Or am I just missing the cabinet pot?

There's no cabinet/coin door volume pot on Skateball, it only has the trimmer volume pot on the sound board.

2 weeks later
#367 72 days ago

Hi, Skateball owners.
I'm interested in finding a Skateball for myself.
I have a newer Stern now, but I would like to try my hand at reviving an interesting/fun SS game as a project.
A collector I know with a taste for SS games suggested Blackout, which led me to Skateball.
Do any of you on this thread have a game for sale or know of a game for sale in the Midwest?
Thanks on advance.

Added 71 days ago:

*in* advance

1 week later
#368 65 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi, Skateball owners.
I'm interested in finding a Skateball for myself.
I have a newer Stern now, but I would like to try my hand at reviving an interesting/fun SS game as a project.
A collector I know with a taste for SS games suggested Blackout, which led me to Skateball.
Do any of you on this thread have a game for sale or know of a game for sale in the Midwest?
Thanks on advance.

Added 5 days ago: *in* advance

I just picked up a skateball project. Complete with a mint backglass. Playfield is pretty rough. I am on the fence on whether or not to fix or sell.

1 week later
#369 58 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the sketch - sorry I work in millimetres and this is fairly close without making one
- 1.4mm dia wire
- I drew the centre line of the wire form and then 1.5mm radius at each turn and then added the radius throughout the shape - hence some of the slightly off dimensions
hope it helps
and also available here for printing off a template
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NZZ3W6VA5/skateball-shooter-lane-gate-wire[quoted image]

I see shapeways says available in polished bronze and brushed nickel. Is that actually metal or just metallic look? Sorry I'm new to this. Didnt realize you could 3D print metal. Ha

#370 58 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I see shapeways says available in polished bronze and brushed nickel. Is that actually metal or just metallic look? Sorry I'm new to this. Didnt realize you could 3D print metal. Ha

yes they print metal, via 0.1mm layers of metal dust then the join with applying a special glue then once finished they carefully remove the part and dip into a special liquid metal solution that goes to the areas of the glue and replaces the glue with metal.

Note about this metal part is it can be printed in metal but not ideal as not sure how it will go and typically you can bend the wireform to spring into the holes of the bracket. Since 3d printed metal is not spring metal the bracket would need to be bent so not ideal. It was meant to be printed in plastic so you have a 3d model to bend spring wire to the same shape as a tricky shape to bend to via a drawing.

also if you become a member of Shapeways (no cost or commitment) you can go to this model and download the 3d STL model for free via a "Download Product" tab and then 3D print your own to then bend to.

merely just trying to help

#371 58 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes they print metal, via 0.1mm layers of metal dust then the join with applying a special glue then once finished they carefully remove the part and dip into a special liquid metal solution that goes to the areas of the glue and replaces the glue with metal.
Note about this metal part is it can be printed in metal but not ideal as not sure how it will go and typically you can bend the wireform to spring into the holes of the bracket. Since 3d printed metal is not spring metal the bracket would need to be bent so not ideal. It was meant to be printed in plastic so you have a 3d model to bend spring wire to the same shape as a tricky shape to bend to via a drawing.
also if you become a member of Shapeways (no cost or commitment) you can go to this model and download the 3d STL model for free via a "Download Product" tab and then 3D print your own to then bend to.
merely just trying to help

Very helpful. Just trying to understand how it all works. Thanks!

#372 58 days ago

I’m looking for a Skateball to restore if anyone
Knows of one

Thanks!

1 month later
#373 24 days ago

Picked up a skateball yesterday, planning to do a pf swap. Has anyone bought one of the new CPR playfields? Pictures or thoughts?

#374 24 days ago

I just finished a swap on mine. I think it looks good. The colors are a little off which turns some people off.

Quoted from mjalexan:

Picked up a skateball yesterday, planning to do a pf swap. Has anyone bought one of the new CPR playfields? Pictures or thoughts?

#375 24 days ago
816E7B53-51BD-49DE-9C1A-192BBE0DB27F (resized).jpegBF9412E4-9451-47DD-8990-35643851E092 (resized).jpeg294AD6A6-E701-456A-B6F3-083FEB9164B2 (resized).jpeg
#376 23 days ago

loved the new pf so much I did 2 of them!!

tftc skateball 007 (resized).JPG
#377 23 days ago

Man - those restores look so amazing. Now I want to start on my swap. I've got all the parts just need to get off my fat arse and do it.

#378 21 days ago

If a Skateball owner in Canada is thinking of moving thiers along soon, please shoot me a message as i may be interested. Cheers.

2 weeks later
#379 5 days ago

Hello Skateball owners.
Im talking to someone about buying their game long distance. The game plays as it should apparently but the g.i.and backglass lighting are working (inserts, bumbers and scores all good)
Any idea what the cause could be? Dont want to commit to another money pit

#380 4 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Hello Skateball owners.
Im talking to someone about buying their game long distance. The game plays as it should apparently but the g.i.and backglass lighting are working (inserts, bumbers and scores all good)
Any idea what the cause could be? Dont want to commit to another money pit

Possibly a burnt/bad connector or a break in the 5V somewhere? Could be a bad bridge rectifier too. I wouldnt think it would be too difficult to diagnose.

#381 4 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Possibly a burnt/bad connector or a break in the 5V somewhere? Could be a bad bridge rectifier too. I wouldnt think it would be too difficult to diagnose.

Owner is not a pinball guy. I wont know what the problem is until it becomes my problem lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside