Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinballOrphanage
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExtraBall_Skateball.gif
ca2cbdefcf7e1355224a488950ed48e23de2b2bb (resized).jpg
bde8d1728c3d8691dbb9d188afb1bd84c0181d6b (resized).jpg
f414afda32e161722ec411c5b95cc917990648c6 (resized).jpg
tftc skateball 010 (resized).JPG
tftc skateball 007 (resized).JPG
tftc skateball 008 (resized).JPG
tftc skateball 005 (resized).JPG
2EA49046-4A4D-4097-8DAC-63BB302B90A2 (resized).jpeg
20190607_220444 (resized).jpg
IMG_2779 (resized).JPG
IMG_2778 (resized).JPG
12E06A50-E101-47C9-9E8C-731DB4DEEEAA (resized).jpeg
9355EC62-8869-4813-9592-5A217CA51E66 (resized).jpeg
6E1DD72D-76FF-4C89-8CD3-C99504BE21FB (resized).jpeg
B76384A1-10E4-42C2-91E8-A5987B69F3F6 (resized).jpeg

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I went thru the manual and anything with extra ball i have on conservative... is it a menu option thru the game settings instead of dip switches? I am at work but I'll pull up a pdf of the manual and see what I can find.

Yes, they are part of the game settings.

#302 9 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Yes, they are part of the game settings.

cool, thank you!

#303 9 months ago

I bought a really nice one but won’t get it until Labor Day. Can’t wait!

2 weeks later
#304 8 months ago

Anyone have a source for the small upper flipper bat?

cant find it on the usual spots. marcos, pinball life, bay area amusements, planetary pinball

the part # in the manual pulls up full sized bats, not the mini ones

#305 8 months ago

Try pinball resource

3 months later
#308 5 months ago

hi all, new to the club... my pf is worn...any cpr for sale here? any hard top available? thanks for clues

#309 5 months ago
Quoted from DavidC:

hi all, new to the club... my pf is worn...any cpr for sale here? any hard top available? thanks for clues

Starship Fantasy definitely just had some at Expo if CPR is sold out on their website check with Starship.

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/playfields/Skateball-Silver

#310 5 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Starship Fantasy definitely just had some at Expo if CPR is sold out on their website check with Starship.
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/playfields/Skateball-Silver

thanks

#311 5 months ago

Skateball is my favorite Bally from this era. Had a few discussions about obtaining one over the past few months but unfortunately nothing came to pass out of them.

Hope to join the club sooner rather than later!

#312 5 months ago

is there any overlay or playfield scan here? it will be usefull for masking before airbrush... thanks

1 month later
#313 4 months ago

Thinking about selling my Skateball Custom II

tftc skateball 005 (resized).JPGtftc skateball 008 (resized).JPGtftc skateball 007 (resized).JPGtftc skateball 010 (resized).JPG
#314 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Thinking about selling my Skateball Custom II[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

can’t stop drooling over that cabinet art .. spectacular !

#315 4 months ago

Anyone have a CPR or a decent original playfield they want to sell? Let me know.

Cheers,

Bill

#316 4 months ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Anyone have a CPR or a decent original playfield they want to sell? Let me know.
Cheers,
Bill

Starship Fantasy still has CPR's for sale.

#317 4 months ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Cheers,
Bill

Pinsider “Mitch” from Ontario has a cpr for sale

2 weeks later
#318 3 months ago

skateball 2 looks nice

#319 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

skateball 2 looks nice

Thanks, there is a little misconception. I was able to find 2 machines that were in a condition to do this to. I was building the first one when the second one came along and knew how nice the first one was turning out!!

#320 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Thanks, there is a little misconception. I was able to find 2 machines that were in a condition to do this to. I was building the first one when the second one came along and knew how nice the first one was turning out!!

I loved playing the one that you brought to MGC, The whole package was fantastic.

2 months later
#321 39 days ago

Joined the club over the weekend! I have TNA sandwiched between the 2 Ballys, and a Sorcerer as the redheaded step child as far as early SS games go. I have all of my modern games on the other wall. I've been eyeing one up for a couple years now, and finally was able to pick one up a fair distance from me, but certainly worth the trip.

General question, the original PF is in pretty good shape. Only 2 parts of missing paint, a small bit in the purple lane by the rollover targets, and one part in between the left pop bumper and the upper 3 bank drop target. Some swirl marks around various parts.

I see that there is still Silver CPRs available. Would you do the CPR or have the original pf restored and cleared, if you were wanting to get a really nice pf? Cost-wise, what would the differences be?

f414afda32e161722ec411c5b95cc917990648c6 (resized).jpgbde8d1728c3d8691dbb9d188afb1bd84c0181d6b (resized).jpgca2cbdefcf7e1355224a488950ed48e23de2b2bb (resized).jpg
#322 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joined the club over the weekend! I have TNA sandwiched between the 2 Ballys, and a Sorcerer as the redheaded step child as far as early SS games go. I have all of my modern games on the other wall. I've been eyeing one up for a couple years now, and finally was able to pick one up a fair distance from me, but certainly worth the trip.
General question, the original PF is in pretty good shape. Only 2 parts of missing paint, a small bit in the purple lane by the rollover targets, and one part in between the left pop bumper and the upper 3 bank drop target. Some swirl marks around various parts.
I see that there is still Silver CPRs available. Would you do the CPR or have the original pf restored and cleared, if you were wanting to get a really nice pf? Cost-wise, what would the differences be?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't speak to the cost but due to the complexity of the playfield art I'd be inclined to pick up a CPR repro. BTW, keep an eye on the HEP weekly thread as there will be a Skateball coming through very soon.

#323 39 days ago
Quoted from GSones:

I can't speak to the cost but due to the complexity of the playfield art I'd be inclined to pick up a CPR repro. BTW, keep an eye on the HEP weekly thread as there will be a Skateball coming through very soon.

The original pf is in great shape. There are some keylines around the inserts worn off, but other than the 2 spots I described, it looks really good. Definitely a restorable pf. On the other hand, with a CPR, I can pretty much hot swap everything over...

#324 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The original pf is in great shape. There are some keylines around the inserts worn off, but other than the 2 spots I described, it looks really good. Definitely a restorable pf. On the other hand, with a CPR, I can pretty much hot swap everything over...

There are differences in colors - compare the blue waves and surfer skin tones. It may or may not bother you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome/page/5#post-3984699

#325 39 days ago

I will have a pretty nice original playfield available in a couple months after I finish my swap to a CPR gold.

#326 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

just keep it and play the snot out of it

Also, when can I come over for beers and pinball?

#327 39 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just keep it and play the snot out of it
Also, when can I come over for beers and pinball?

Any time you want man!

#328 39 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

There are differences in colors - compare the blue waves and surfer skin tones. It may or may not bother you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome/page/5#post-3984699

Thanks for the link. The skin tones and blue wave certainly do differ, and the one in the game looks really great already. Hmmm....

1 week later
#329 31 days ago

Does anyone know if your extra balls will compile? when I play and have an extra ball and I earn another one you only get to keep one. is that normal or can you change that? Thanks for the help!

#330 31 days ago
Quoted from Quench:There are differences in colors - compare the blue waves and surfer skin tones. It may or may not bother you:

It certainly does not bother me.

#331 31 days ago
Quoted from Newhollend2:

Does anyone know if your extra balls will compile? when I play and have an extra ball and I earn another one you only get to keep one. is that normal or can you change that? Thanks for the help!

think you can only earn 1 extra ball per ball. typical of this era. i have EB's turned off on my games so i honestly dont know lol

#332 30 days ago
Quoted from Newhollend2:

Does anyone know if your extra balls will compile?

On these era of Bally games you cannot accumulate more than one extra ball per ball. If the same player shoots again lamp is already lit then extra ball will just award points for the achievement.

ExtraBall_Skateball.gif

#333 30 days ago

Thank you for the updates! I just wasn’t sure.

2 weeks later
#334 11 days ago

Any members out there buy a new plastic set and willing to sell their center plastic? Just finishing mine up and it’s the only broken one.

Added 2 days ago:

Found one!

1 week later
#335 2 days ago

Skateball lovers.... I come to you in great need.

Using quarantine to tackle my first playfield swap....and well let's just say attempting to pull an all-nighter and do this was a terrible idea to start with. If anyone has done a swap and can share your pictures of the underside I would be greatly appreciative.

If no one out there has done that, but you are willing to lift your playfield up and take me detailed pictures of the wireharness connections at the switches at the top of the playfield, basically everything above the 5-bank of drops on the playfield it would help me out a ton.

When I washed the harness i released too many zip ties and it turned my harness into a tangled mess that I'm working on solving. Thank you so much for any help. Pics can be emailed to tsskinne@gmail.com or just message me here and let me know how it would be best to get them from you.

#336 2 days ago

Check the HEP restoration thread. He's working on my skateball right now and has shown a bunch of pics. You might find what you need there.

#337 2 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Using quarantine to tackle my first playfield swap....and well let's just say attempting to pull an all-nighter and do this was a terrible idea to start with. If anyone has done a swap and can share your pictures of the underside I would be greatly appreciative.
If no one out there has done that, but you are willing to lift your playfield up and take me detailed pictures of the wireharness connections at the switches at the top of the playfield, basically everything above the 5-bank of drops on the playfield it would help me out a ton.
When I washed the harness i released too many zip ties and it turned my harness into a tangled mess that I'm working on solving. Thank you so much for any help. Pics can be emailed to tsskinne@gmail.com or just message me here and let me know how it would be best to get them from you.

I have a populated skateball playfield if you need any pics just let me know if no one can share what you need - playfield is under the house - will did out later

#338 2 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Any members out there buy a new plastic set and willing to sell their center plastic? Just finishing mine up and it’s the only broken one.

I got you!

#339 1 day ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Why did you take the harness apart? I leave all wires connected to switches and mechs and inspect the solder connections as i reinstall onto the new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 149.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 50.00
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside