playfield (resized).jpg
stencil (resized).jpg
game (resized).jpg
skateball instructions watermarked (resized).png
skateball credits watermarked (resized).png
SoftSettings_modBW.png
ScoreLevels_modBW.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.09.18 am (resized).png
Bally_1980_Skateball_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 7 years ago

So, here's the situation as it was explained to me: The pre-order email notifications had been put on hold due to the fact that most of the run is still in clear coat and taking a bit longer than expected. Some are finished and have been shipped, but many are still in the process. The original timeline for email contacts on the website has been delayed a few weeks, so don't worry. If you are on the list, you will still get an email. I can now attempt to wait patiently.

#202 7 years ago

Yep haven't received my email eithher

2 weeks later
#203 7 years ago

Got my email from CPR today. I guess it has been quite the wait for these. My original pre-order interest email says 6/17/14. Almost three years ago. Oh well. Paid and waiting for delivery now. Cheers, everyone!

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Got my email from CPR today. I guess it has been quite the wait for these. My original pre-order interest email says 6/17/14. Almost three years ago. Oh well. Paid and waiting for delivery now. Cheers, everyone!

I did as well. Anxiously awaiting the shipping notice.

#205 7 years ago

Wow. Just got notified that my playfield is "Silver". They ran out of "Gold" ones 5 or 6 payments before mine. Bummer. Guess I should have sent my interest email before June 2014. Oh well, silver's better than no playfield.

#206 7 years ago

What a surprise at work today.....I must have gotten on the preorder list back on April 24 2014, because I just received an email that my slot came up! I don't even remember getting on the list, I never found a Skateball for my collection, and I'm really not actively looking for one, but what the hell, playfield and plastics here I come!

1 week later
#207 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

What a surprise at work today.....I must have gotten on the preorder list back on April 24 2014, because I just received an email that my slot came up! I don't even remember getting on the list, I never found a Skateball for my collection, and I'm really not actively looking for one, but what the hell, playfield and plastics here I come!

I don't think you will have a problem shifting it!!

1 week later
#208 6 years ago

Has anyone received a new Skateball plastic set with their new Skateball playfield order? If so, would you mind posting a photo of your new plastics? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#209 6 years ago

Anyone in the North East have a good condition Skateball for sale?

2 weeks later
#210 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Has anyone received a new Skateball plastic set with their new Skateball playfield order? If so, would you mind posting a photo of your new plastics? Thanks.

I bought a new set. They look really good. Skateball is up next in the restore hopper. It'll be a while before I finish my High Speed (basket case), but I'll try to remember to post some pics here after I get her all fixed up.

#211 6 years ago

Hi Skateball fans! I purchased this Skateball several months ago, and it's a few weeks from going on the rotisserie for a complete overhaul. As you can see in the photo the original playfield is in pretty good shape, however it has a mylar placed over the entire lower section. Currently I'm having an internal debate on whether to just leave it in place and touch up the spots around it that have worn, or try to remove it, touch up, and clear the whole thing. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has removed the mylar from this particular title? I've only had trouble removing mylar from one playfield (pulled up artwork), but I want to at least see if others have been successful on this machine before I proceed.

Thanks.
Skateball0 (resized).jpegSkateball0 (resized).jpeg

#212 6 years ago

It's in really good shape! Leave the mylar alone if you're not confident in removing it.
I've done mylar removal on many early solid state bally's. The amount of art that is removed depends on the storage conditions of the game. If it has planking in the non-mylar areas, your chances of removing art is high. If not, it will come up fine.

If you decide to touchup around the mylar, the paint will eventually wear off over time. I've experimented with an acrylic sealer for people that didn't want a full restoration. It has lasted a while in home use, but i'm sure it will wear off eventually.

2 weeks later
#213 6 years ago

Just throwing this out there for dyopp21 or anyone else with a super nice factory mylar'd playfield. I bought a CPR for Skateball, but have since decided I'd really like to have a nice original for this title. If anyone's interested, I'd happily trade my CPR gold for a nice OG playfield + cash.

IMG_0427 (resized).JPGIMG_0427 (resized).JPG

IMG_0426 (resized).JPGIMG_0426 (resized).JPG

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Just throwing this out there for dyopp21 or anyone else with a super nice factory mylar'd playfield. I bought a CPR for Skateball, but have since decided I'd really like to have a nice original for this title. If anyone's interested, I'd happily trade my CPR gold for a nice OG playfield + cash.

It's in pretty good condition for it's age, but it's nowhere close to that repro! It looks really good under the mylar but there are wear spots and some planking above and below the mylar. I can send you some pics when I get home.

#215 6 years ago

Looking for a Skateball if anyone interested in selling..

1 month later
#216 6 years ago

Final images of my skateball restore. Managed to pull mylar without doing any damage and clear.
Sb01 (resized).jpegSb01 (resized).jpegSb0 (resized).jpegSb0 (resized).jpeg

#217 6 years ago

And some game play video. My 11 year old got to play it first.

#218 6 years ago

Beautiful restore!

Does anybody recall which Steve Richie game the layout was ripped off from?

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Beautiful restore!
Does anybody recall which Steve Richie game the layout was ripped off from?

Flash, which happens to be sitting two machines down in our arcade!

#220 6 years ago

Sorry, it's sitting three machines down.

Flash (resized).jpegFlash (resized).jpeg

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Sorry, it's sitting three machines down.

That is awesome - I know Steve Richie was pissed (I would be too) but it's kind of an interesting story. That Claude...

#222 6 years ago

Is there somewhere online I can read said story?

And Skateball may have been copied, but it's actually a better game IMO.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Is there somewhere online I can read said story?
And Skateball may have been copied, but it's actually a better game IMO.

It's in that Steve Richie interview he gave a long time ago (5years?).

2 weeks later
#224 6 years ago

Been working on some custom instructions cards for Skateball since there doesn't seem to be too many of them around.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.24.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.24.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.24.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.24.20 PM.png

#225 6 years ago

Anyone need a CPR playfield? I had no luck finding a trade and decided to restore my original playfield instead. $850 shipped to the lower 48. PM if interested and I can send you some hi-res DSLR pics.

IMG_0938.JPGIMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0936.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

cards for Skateball

I like yours much better! Thanks for sharing.

#227 6 years ago

Got my PF swap done.

IMG_2567 (resized).JPGIMG_2567 (resized).JPG

IMG_2569 (resized).JPGIMG_2569 (resized).JPG

IMG_2568 (resized).JPGIMG_2568 (resized).JPG

IMG_2570 (resized).JPGIMG_2570 (resized).JPG

#228 6 years ago

Wow, looks awesome! Nice job.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Got my PF swap done.

Fantastic!!! Who knows when I'll get around to swapping mine. Waited for four years and still got a Silver instead of Gold from CPR. Should have waited, as some folks are now selling their gold playfields.

1 month later
#230 6 years ago

Any of you Skateball guys got a nice tidy used playfield?

I have a machine with nice cabinet and backglass ... but PF leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd look at a CPR one if the price is right. Bronze would be fine, I'm not that fussy.

I can have it shipped to my buddy in Los Angeles and I take care of it from there.

Let me know!!

Cheers
rd

#231 6 years ago

Bump for the weekday crowd.

rd

#232 6 years ago

Wow! I was just comparing those pics of the CPR to my NOS Bally playfield and they didn't quite nail it, did they? Or it's just the lighting.

Funny, the original playfield that came out of my machine was the one they used as a model.

NOSBALLY (resized).jpgNOSBALLY (resized).jpg

CPR (resized).jpgCPR (resized).jpg

#233 6 years ago

Could be the LED's?

#234 6 years ago

What LEDs? No seriously look at the blue in the waves for starters.

#235 6 years ago

The hues are too dark.

#236 6 years ago

And the skaters are too yellow? Where's that deep brown California tan....

#237 6 years ago

Yeah, the colors are off a bit. But, it's still a shiny new playfield. Got me a silver one after waiting over three years. Less than impressed.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yeah, the colors are off a bit. But, it's still a shiny new playfield. Got me a silver one after waiting over three years. Less than impressed.

Yeah, I feel the same regarding the Silver I received.

#239 6 years ago

Well, if any of you "less than impressed" guys want to quit your playfields, send em my way. Take my money!

rd

#240 6 years ago

Truth is I paid a pretty penny for that Skateball with the NOS playfield all the time knowing CPR had one on the way. So my guess is those installing the repro will have much less money involved in their projects when all is said and done.

But all that aside, I am now even more happy with the one sitting in my living room.

1 week later
#241 6 years ago

Looking for good, relatively hi-res pictures of the bottom of a fully populated playfield. Maybe in quarters lengthwise, halfs and one overall? Looking to dupe the harness for a customer and need the wiring layout. Thanks.

Shawn

3 weeks later
#242 6 years ago

Are the plastic sets gone?

Nm: found on marcos

1 week later
#243 6 years ago

In need of a shooter lane apron cover if anyone has one they dont need.

#244 6 years ago

I am looking for a decent to good Skateball for my collection if anyone is selling.

3 months later
#245 6 years ago

A Skateball fan that wants to join your club in 2018!
Looking for a working pin and any nos/cpr play-field. Shipping with STI.
Until then, happy flipping!

1 week later
#246 6 years ago

Finally in the club! It should clean up nicely. Have a backglass on the way.

Does anyone have the "All Targets Down" plastic that goes under the center pop bumper? Appears that's the only one I'm missing. Or a scan of the plastic would be just as good, thanks!

20180226_184325 (resized).jpg20180226_184325 (resized).jpg

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Finally in the club!

That's a nice looking playfield.Congrats on the pick up.

1 week later
#248 6 years ago

Joining

877F64AF-5F26-4800-94FE-A6DAFB5A5CA1 (resized).jpeg877F64AF-5F26-4800-94FE-A6DAFB5A5CA1 (resized).jpeg

#249 6 years ago

Looking for skateball cabinet pictures showing grounding and wire harness location.
Completed a cabinet repaint now ready to assembly but have lost all pics I took of cabinet.

If you have pictures send them to kuma541 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

#250 6 years ago

Friday night bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skateball-club-fans-welcome/page/5?hl=newforestpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.