• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Need size and wattage of fluorescent bulb in South Park. Thanks! Tom

#2 3 years ago

These are standard bulbs. Take it out and go to Home Depot with it in hand. I think it's 18"

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Mark. I am missing mine. Do you know what wattage it should be?

#5 3 years ago

Thanks!!! Tom

#6 3 years ago

Be sure to replace the ballast... They are notorious for failing on sterns. Ballast is around $15 at Home Depot. If your ballast is bad it will just blow the bulb again right away.

#7 3 years ago

After you replace it, I hope you are not disappointed. There is a lot of glare from that light on the playfield glass. So I removed it. Probably why yours was missing in the first place.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks guys for the advice! Tom

#9 3 years ago

I wrapped my bulb a couple times w/ paper, cuts the brightness down to match other games in the row. Also made a couple of white foamcore board pieces to fit top and bottom in backbox at 45 degree angle across the width of the box. Evens out the illumination at top and bottom.
Don C.

#10 3 years ago

My south park has a diffuser that came with it. It's clear on one side but has mirrored print on the other. Slides over the tube. Seems to spread the light out much more evenly. Couldn't say of it was factory or after market

#11 3 years ago

That diffuser sounds really cool! Could you send a picture of it? I wonder where you can get one of those at?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside