• Latest reply 3 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Outlet inside machine_LI (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys, I don't post too often and am a newbie hands on guy so I like to tinker but need to learn more. I just bought a Six Million Dollar Man game and had it shipped to my home. Upon turning it on, everything seems to work except I cannot make the "Start" button activate. I am not sure what to check first. As I power the game up, everything seems to light up and the solenoids fire and things reset. Then I push the start (credit) button and nothing happens. The flippers don't activate. Could it be a tilt reset or something? Any ideas please?

Another quick question: Inside the game is an outlet (see picture attached). Does anyone know what this is for? Do I plug something into it?

Outlet inside machine_LI (resized).jpgOutlet inside machine_LI (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The outlet is a convenience outlet for plugging in a soldering iron or light. It is not fused, so you can cook until your house breaker trips.

Verify you have credits on the machine. Drop a few quarters to see if you get any credits. What is shown on the player one display after power up? Anything show up on the balls in play and credit section? If you can, open the head and lets see some good pics of the circuit boards. (Not too important yet)

Report back. It sounds like it has reverted to factory settings. We can walk you through that.

#3 3 years ago

Okay, adding more than one quarter worked! I thought it just needed one coin but it needs more. Now I played my first game on it! Yay! Thanks a bunch for helping me.

#4 3 years ago

Download the manual from IPDB.org

Figure out how to work the settings - number of coins for a game(s), etc. figure out to set the score level for a free game. If original boards, set the first free game level to the lowest possible setting. Doing so, everyone should be able to achieve a free game, thus you don’t need to drop quarters.

Good to hear it’s going. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/six-million-dollar-man-start-button-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.