(Topic ID: 161272)

Six Million Dollar Man issue?

By epbrown1967

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poboypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

I had this problem on a old Bally Playboy, If I remember correctly the ball will kick out at start up. what is happening is when you end bal 1 its not seeing that has happened so check the Outhole switch but in my case it was the female connector at the MPU. I to had installed a new MPU on those old Bally's you really have to check that the connectors are good. when the ball drains wiggle the wires a little bit on the MPU I think its the J@ connector for the outhole check your schmatics to double check.

#9 7 years ago

J2

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:I had this problem on a old Bally Playboy, If I remember correctly the ball will kick out at start up. what is happening is when you end bal 1 its not seeing that has happened so check the Outhole switch but in my case it was the female connector at the MPU. I to had installed a new MPU on those old Bally's you really have to check that the connectors are good. when the ball drains wiggle the wires a little bit on the MPU I think its the J@ connector for the outhole check your schmatics to double check.

should have said J2

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from epbrown1967:

Worked perfectly! Thank you for your time and excellent advice!

Was it the connector on the MPU?

#14 7 years ago

there is a small fuse on the power driver board check it for your displays if you changed this board it may be a larger fuse, ether way if its bad no displays. Is the game booting up? Remove the back glass and watch the flashes on the MPU if you are not getting 7 the game is not booting up so no displays no start. If that's the case and the fuses are good check your voltages. Did you rebuild/replace the power supply board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poboypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/six-million-dollar-man-issue?tu=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.