Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shirkle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm working on a Six Million Dollar Man for someone in my town and have made a little progress but seek some help.
He bought it DOA. He then bought a new MPU that came out of a working Super Sonic, with Super Sonic ROMs/Eproms.

I tested all test points on the PS board and everything checked out fine. I put in the new MPU, not knowing it had SS chips on it, and the game booted partially, got the 7 flashes on the MPU LED, but that's just about it. No start-up tune, and only goes through the lights and display test....no solenoid test or sound test.

I realized later that it was a SS board, and I stole the chips from the original MPU and swapped them with the SS chips. I did this for the chips in the following locations: U1, U2, U6, and U7.

Now it boots up, can accept a coin, and displays "000000" as a score, but will not start a game. In test, it does the same as before- lights flash, displays work, but no solenoid or sounds.

Any ideas? My time with the machine is limited since it's at someone else's place (actually a business).

#2 8 years ago

Canned response: It is highly likely to need all the connectors rebuilt on both sides.

If both boards had chips in U1, U2 and U6 locations it might not need to be rejumpered.

Try this quick test: turn it off. Turn it back on and hold the flipper buttons in. At about the count of one-thousand-five or -six, it should pulse (CLICK) the flipper enable relay, which will power the flippers for one second. Do your flippers pulse up during this test?

Disconnect the sound board and see if symptoms change.

#3 8 years ago

There was no changed when unplugging the sound board nor when holding in the flipper buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/six-million-dollar-man-6mm-repair-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.