Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pb2.png
    pinside_bug.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.08.01.png
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.05.40.png
    pinside1970.png
    image-869.jpg
    pinside_bug.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago

ughhhhh i absolutely hate auto-loading pages. hate them. not just on pinside, on any site. i realize this is the new internet thing to the point of becoming standard, but i think it sucks to break the scrollbar like that. one of the things i love about pinside is it hasn't (so far) tried to remake itself into a mobile-centric UI at the expense of laptops/desktop machines. this is an unfortunate step in that direction.

please do not do what avclub or so many other sites are busy doing to themselves. i beg you.

just my opinion of course.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Fortunately you can change this behavior in your forum settings pages.

yay! thanks for the response. i get the idea of wanting people to see more topics more easily, so that falling off the front page isn't a death sentence for a thread.

i just personally loathe when basic built-in browser features are subverted. the back button is the biggest casualty of facebook/google/twitter - style UIs. one never knows now what will happen when they hit "back" anymore. scrolling pages are part of this problem, because if you hit "back" intending to go back from what turns out to just be a fullscreen popup div or whatever, you end up going to a previous site entirely, and on top of that, if you had done much scroll-loading of new content, you've now completely lost your place as well. it's just a ton of user problems that basically stem from the site trying to recreate features that are already built into the browser...

sorry, rant off. Pinside does not have that problem right now and i'm glad. it's probably the best-designed site i visit. i just want it to stay that way!

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Not like my personal opinion will matter here, but its not specifically a bug. I am just not a fan of the icon for mail appearing in the top right of the screen when I have no mail. I really liked having an Icon only when I have new unread mail in my inbox.

agree. super minor issue, though.

4 months later
    #159 9 years ago

oh man that is terrible. everyone knows it should be "1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 12."

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Ever since the change to SSL only, I can,t access Pinside on my regular computer which runs Windows XP. All I get is an SSL error window. Any idea what it could be ?

Probably something to do with the 13 year old security black hole of an unsupported operating system you're running.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/site-update-february-2014?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.