Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pb2.png
    pinside_bug.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.08.01.png
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.05.40.png
    pinside1970.png
    image-869.jpg
    pinside_bug.png

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

You could do this previously, no? In the main forum home, just click the green square with the post count rather than the topic. Sounds like this feature just tweaks which post you see when you click the green square. (unless I misread the above)
    Kudos on the new features, Robin.

Really? I hadn't noticed that. I've always just clicked on the thread title. Good to know, thanks

#152 7 years ago

Also noticing some changes to the fonts; the default font size seems bigger. And do you switch to Lucida Sans? It looks good.

#153 7 years ago

Hm. New bug to report. In the "Big Lebowski Pre-order thread"

The link back to page 1 is wrong:

buggy

#154 7 years ago

Bug: If you click on the paragraph symbol to filter posts by user, it keeps the page number in the url which doesn't work. Or maybe it does if it goes up that high? E.g. clicking on chadderack's P above me, I get the url

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/site-update-february-2014/page/4?tu=chadderack

whereas the correct url would seem to be

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/site-update-february-2014/?tu=chadderack

Personally, I am a big fan of the filter!

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hm. New bug to report. In the "Big Lebowski Pre-order thread" The link back to page 1 is wrong

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you click on the paragraph symbol to filter posts by user, it keeps the page number in the url which doesn't work.

Thanks guys, I will look into those!

The filter is only a start, it started life as a "proof of concept": Under the hood, I have changed the whole mechanism that fetches a thread's post. It ties in with the search server and can do all kinds of fun things when fetching threads. I have some more ideas which will hopefully add more cool "wizard" features to the forum

#156 7 years ago

There was a problem with posting yesterday evening, due to a problem with the cache system. This may have led to a lot of duplicate posts. I have fixed it first thing today, even before my morning coffee, so I hope all is back to normal now!

#157 7 years ago

I have a question, though this may seem a bit off-topic:

If you have multiple high scores on one machine, does it record only your highest score? I wonder if you can keep your old scores for the past and keep only your highest one on the Scores list.

#158 7 years ago

I am sorry to have to report a massive bug.

I don't know if I can browse here anymore.

#159 7 years ago

oh man that is terrible. everyone knows it should be "1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 12."

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I am sorry to have to report a massive bug.
    I don't know if I can browse here anymore.

pb2.png 2 KB

Hmm, you're right, that IS massive, Keith! Thanks

#161 7 years ago

In the last few days, when I click on the green numbers to view the posts that I have not seen, often they are not turning grey to show that they have been viewed.

#163 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

In the last few days, when I click on the green numbers to view the posts that I have not seen, often they are not turning grey to show that they have been viewed.

You mean immediately when clicking the, topics don't turn grey? Or after clicking them, going to the thread and upon returning to the forum front page they do not show grey?

#164 7 years ago

For me, it's going back to the main page and they're still showing green. Also sometimes if I use the back button on the second page or farther (main topic pages) it takes me to the bottom of that page.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

You mean immediately when clicking the, topics don't turn grey? Or after clicking them, going to the thread and upon returning to the forum front page they do not show grey?

When going back to the main screen the number will still be listed as green and then I click it again and it only has the posts I had just viewed.

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

When going back to the main screen the number will still be listed as green and then I click it again and it only has the posts I had just viewed.

Looks like possibly an IE and Firefox issue as I see it there but not in Chrome

I think the behavior he's talking about is replicated by:

1. Click on a green topic button and it takes you to the new posts since you last visited the thread as you would expect.
    2. Click the back button on your browser and you notice that the topic button is still green.

Now If at this point you click the green topic button a second time and it again takes you to the new post but now if you click the back button on the browser the topic is now grey.
    I also note the same behavior is present when after clicking on the green button instead of clicking the back button on the browser you click the forum links within the thread page you are viewing.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from Svengo:

Looks like possibly an IE and Firefox issue as I see it there but not in Chrome
    I think the behavior he's talking about is replicated by:
    1. Click on a green topic button and it takes you to the new posts since you last visited the thread as you would expect.
    2. Click the back button on your browser and you notice that the topic button is still green.
    Now If at this point you click the green topic button a second time and it again takes you to the new post but now if you click the back button on the browser the topic is now grey.
    I also note the same behavior is present when after clicking on the green button instead of clicking the back button on the browser you click the forum links within the thread page you are viewing.

I see it in Chrome as well. Probably has to do with opening the new pages in a new tab instead of the same tab.

#168 7 years ago

Thanks, I will look into this tomorrow!

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I see it in Chrome as well. Probably has to do with opening the new pages in a new tab instead of the same tab.

Interesting I wonder if there some setting in Chrome then as I still don't see the issue there. I have all the settings as default "out of the box". I do see the issue in IE and Firefox when I open the new page in the same tab.

#170 7 years ago

Ever since the change to SSL only, I can,t access Pinside on my regular computer which runs Windows XP. All I get is an SSL error window. Any idea what it could be ?

#171 7 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Ever since the change to SSL only, I can,t access Pinside on my regular computer which runs Windows XP. All I get is an SSL error window. Any idea what it could be ?

Probably something to do with the 13 year old security black hole of an unsupported operating system you're running.

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Please install Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer if you are stuck with Windows XP. You can get it here, quick and easy install: http://google.com/chrome

#173 7 years ago

I use Google Chrome to no avail.

#174 7 years ago

Could this have something to do with: End Of Support For Windows XP SP3 is April 8, 2014? Not getting any more updates also means no updates of the root certificates. Maybe this will help? I've not been using a Microsoft OS for a long time, so I'm just guessing here.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside