Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pb2.png
    pinside_bug.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.08.01.png
    Screenshot 2014-07-08 14.05.40.png
    pinside1970.png
    image-869.jpg
    pinside_bug.png

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

IPAD2 can only see the front page, the next page autoloader doesnt work fyi

Testing this here on an iPad one and it seems to work fine if only a bit slow in response. If you scroll all the way down the "loading" message will not immediately appear but it does load the next page. iPad mini also seems to work fine here. So I'm not sure how to replicate the problem you're seeing.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hope this works. pinside_bug.png 2 KB

Thanks, what browser is that? I tried it here but it only seems to be a 1 pixel line to the left of the sub-forum box and only when you have the meta setting set to left instead of the default right. But indeed it is a curious little bug.

Quoted from Patofnaud:

Something to think about, any possibility of making the Maintenance Logs exportable?

Nice idea, will add it to my list.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Could we get these views sorted with who has the most recent posts?

They are currently sorted by their latest activity (not necessarily your activity). I might be able to add different sorting options in the future.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

I wish I would have read this before publicly criticizing a moderator for sending out the new violation notices. oops, live and learn!

It's also in our community rules which you must have read before signing up, you did read them right?
    Seriously, this rule exists to protect the (volunteer) mods. I want any feedback on their decisions to be directed to me in PM, not publicly. Thanks.

Quoted from yonkiman:

some day you might want to add a close box to the "Quote selected text" popup so it's easier to make go away if it accidentally appears...

Good idea!

#102 7 years ago

Pale moon 64 which should basically be Firefox.

#103 7 years ago

Something is up with the "Pinside forum topics linked to this game:".

Example: http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/doctor-who/forum

The last referenced counters to the right are missing. Started happening yesterday.

It would be great to have auto-scrolling here too...

thanks,
    faz

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Something is up with the "Pinside forum topics linked to this game:".

Fixed! I also increased topic count to 50 instead of 10 on this page. Auto loading may be implemented soon, but for now this remains manual paging.

I have also fixed a bug with sub-forum filtering (hiding topics from forums you are not interested in) in autoloading topics lists.

#105 7 years ago

I just noticed this morning...Outstanding! Thanks so much!
    faz

I'm only seeing 10 items within the list however.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

I'm only seeing 10 items within the list however.

Oops, looks like I forgot something
    Should work now!

#108 7 years ago

I can finally post pictures without adding text. Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #109 7 years ago

The site has been slow the last couple days.

#110 7 years ago

image-869.jpg

#111 7 years ago

Is anyone else having problems viewing marketplace pictures?

#112 7 years ago

Thanks to Robin for the Python Background Art. Yes, we noticed!

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Is anyone else having problems viewing marketplace pictures?

Make sure you don't have an adblocker plugin running, I heard from some that this is killing market place images. I'm baffled why this would happen but haven't had time to investigate this yet.

Quoted from awarner:

Thanks to Robin for the Python Background Art. Yes, we noticed!

It's Pinside's tribute to one of the pinball greats!

1 week later
    #114 7 years ago

Is there a setting, or could an option be added, to allow pinside mail to be shown in latest reply order. In other words, when I go to read email, I'd like to see the most recent response at the top rather than having to scroll to the bottom to find it and reply. I have several emails with 20, 30 or more replies.

I'd also be happy if it would take me to the bottom (latest reply or last response read) when I open up that particular email. In other words, if you could make email behave like forum threads, where it takes you to the last response read, that would be fine too.

It's a minor inconvenience though compared to all of the other outstanding features this forum has so if it can't be addressed, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks,

Dave

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Is there a setting, or could an option be added, to allow pinside mail to be shown in latest reply order. In other words, when I go to read email, I'd like to see the most recent response at the top rather than having to scroll to the bottom to find it and reply. I have several emails with 20, 30 or more replies.
    I'd also be happy if it would take me to the bottom (latest reply or last response read) when I open up that particular email. In other words, if you could make email behave like forum threads, where it takes you to the last response read, that would be fine too.
    It's a minor inconvenience though compared to all of the other outstanding features this forum has so if it can't be addressed, it's not the end of the world.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Second that.

#116 7 years ago

It would be nice when you ignore a member, he cant downvote you anymore.

That would erase the childish downvote stalking.

1 week later
    #117 7 years ago

Think I found a small bug.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Make a post with two game tags.

Example:
    CP left today. Got myself a TAF.

- Hover over "CP" and info box popup reads "Champion Pub"
    - Hover over "TAF" and info box popup reads "The Addams Family"
    - Go back to hover over "CP" and info popup box incorrectly reads"The Addams Family".

Maybe it caches the last loaded info box popup and gets confused or something?

Tested with Chrome and Firefox. Hope its not just me.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Steps to reproduce:
    Example:
    - Go back to hover over "CP" and info popup box incorrectly reads"The Addams Family".

Confirmed problem exists in IE10 at work too.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Steps to reproduce:
    Example:

Thanks for the detailed bug report, very helpful. It was indeed a caching problem, it should be fixed now!

#120 7 years ago

I fixed PDF uploading today, so you should all be able to upload PDF files like you were before the big site update.

#121 7 years ago

Sometimes when on the front page of the site, the game photo will just have (1970) instead of the title of the game and the year. It doesn't seem to be a consistent error, as I have tried to come up with the exact circumstance when it happens.

Not a big deal, but wanted to mention it.

#122 7 years ago

Yeah, just refreshing a bunch of times I saw it for Transformers, IJ4 and Star Wars Trilogy, if that helps.

#123 7 years ago

Lots of new users posting spam URLs

Also long time pet peeve, the pagination for reading unread posts is a little off. For example if a thread has 50 posts and you read all 50, and later it shows up with unread posts. You click on the link that should take you to the newest unread post (starting at the 51st post), it actually takes you back to post 50.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Also long time pet peeve, the pagination for reading unread posts is a little off. For example if a thread has 50 posts and you read all 50, and later it shows up with unread posts. You click on the link that should take you to the newest unread post (starting at the 51st post), it actually takes you back to post 50.

Yeah, this is a long time issue, the anchor tag takes you to the last post you read, not the first unread post. It's annoying on pagination like you mentioned, but it's also annoying when the post it jumps to has a lot of photos, and you have to scroll for a while.

#125 7 years ago

Didn't even notice it wasn't only when it should be going to a new page. Even more reason to fix!

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, this is a long time issue, the anchor tag takes you to the last post you read, not the first unread post

I actually like this behaviour. It let's me see that I'm actually back where I was reading last. Otherwise I would have to scroll up every time to check.

#127 7 years ago

When I look at Dear Lloyd and click the "Previous dear Lloyd" link, I get an error page at the url: http://pinside.com/bbpress/

Page not found!

I'm sorry, but there is nothing at this URL.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm sorry, but there is nothing at this URL.

Maybe because if you scroll down they are all there ?

LTG : )™

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe because if you scroll down they are all there ?
    LTG : )™

That's true, but the link is closer!

1 week later
    #130 7 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Lots of new users posting spam URLs

Please read my post : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aaaaargh-spam

The pagination thing is actual by design, I load the previous last post as a "memory" refresher. I agree that long posts could be annoying. I could fix this by implementing an option in forum settings maybe?

Quoted from Marten:

I actually like this behaviour. It let's me see that I'm actually back where I was reading last. Otherwise I would have to scroll up every time to check.

Yes, that's my idea too.

Quoted from aobrien5:

When I look at Dear Lloyd and click the "Previous dear Lloyd" link, I get an error page at the url: http://pinside.com/bbpress/

I will look into it, thanks!

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

When I look at Dear Lloyd and click the "Previous dear Lloyd" link, I get an error page

I fixed this today.

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I could fix this by implementing an option in forum settings maybe?

If you made it an option I would opt to jump to the new post, and not the "memory refresher", I don't care for that behavior personally. I can scroll up if I need a refresh, but now I always have to scroll down.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If you made it an option I would opt to jump to the new post, and not the "memory refresher", I don't care for that behavior personally. I can scroll up if I need a refresh, but now I always have to scroll down.

Fair enough, I'll see what I can do.

#134 7 years ago

Small update today, May 22, 2014:

- More anti-spam measures
    - Added a "resolved" flag for topics. you can now mark your own topic as "resolved" which will make them show a checkmark icon (also in topic listings). Handy for tech threads and such!
    - Added setting for "Last post in topic behavior". You can now set wether to jump to the last post you read during your visit to a topic (as a memory refresher, default) OR to jump to the first new post since your last visit to it.
    - Added "account freezing" as a an intermediary step before blocking (retiring) of an account.
    - Styling changes in topic header section
    - Sub-forums on the forum frontpage now all default opened, to give new users a good idea of all the sub-forums on Pinside. Closing sub-forum boxes will be remembered in a cookie.
    - Bug fixes to the moderator feedback forum, which was hiding topics there from everyone but the topic starter.
    - More that I can't remember...

Found a bug? Let me know here or (if it's really embarrassing) via PM!

#135 7 years ago

Very cool! Thanks!!!
    faz

#136 7 years ago

I tried to resolve one of my threads and I got an error message.

"You are not allowed to mark that topic, only topic starter and editors can do so."

faz

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

I tried to resolve one of my threads and I got an error message.

Thanks for the heads up, could you please try again?

#138 7 years ago

I had to reset my password because it told me I didnt exist, and now while on my work computer when I click on a thread I get taken to a page with the thread topic and header (topic summary, tilts/ignores, etc box) and then there is nothing else at all except a 'mark topic as resolved' button. I cant scroll, I cant read threads, it is just a blank stuck page.
    I am doing this from my iPhone, so it may be an Internet Explorer thing. But at this point, I cant see or do anything but the info bar on any posts at all via using the computer.

Edit- I can open and read PMs and in general seem to be able to navigate around as normal, but as soon as I click on a thread I just get what is the normal thread info, but nothing but the 'mark topic as resolved' button. On my iPhone i can see the thread posts, but there is a huge green 'mark topic as resolved' at the botton of every thread I have checked.

#139 7 years ago

Works!

Any chance to adding a checkmark to the search. Either visually display a little checkmark to see if resolved OR allow a search option to only bring back resolved tech threads.

Thanks!
    faz

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

- Added setting for "Last post in topic behavior". You can now set wether to jump to the last post you read during your visit to a topic (as a memory refresher, default) OR to jump to the first new post since your last visit to it.

Thanks Robin!

#141 7 years ago

You have the worst luck with this site BT.

#142 7 years ago

Every time I sign in, it says I dont exist. I think Robin is trying to tell me something...

#143 7 years ago

[√] Checkbox category sidebar!

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Sometimes when on the front page of the site, the game photo will just have (1970) instead of the title of the game and the year. It doesn't seem to be a consistent error, as I have tried to come up with the exact circumstance when it happens.
    Not a big deal, but wanted to mention it.

Here is a screenshot of this issue I was talking about. Not a big deal, but just thought I would mention it again.pinside1970.png

1 month later
    #145 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Here is a screenshot of this issue I was talking about. Not a big deal, but just thought I would mention it again.

Thanks. Definitely a strange bug, I have tried to replicate it but couldn't. Is there any pattern to this?

#146 7 years ago

Today, July 8th 2014, I have rolled out an update with various new features.

One of the coolest new features is a search box allowing you to filter a topic for specific posts and/or Pinsiders:

Notice the redesigned header and the addition of a topic search tool.

Quoted from Erik:

Today I have added an option which allows you to choose wether to jump to the newest post -1 or just to the newest post:

New option!

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Today I have rolled out an update with various new features.
    One of the coolest new features is a search box allowing you to filter a topic for specific posts and/or Pinsiders:
    Notice the redesigned header and the addition of a topic search tool.

I love the search & shortcut for filtering on one user!

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Today I have added an option which allows you to choose wether to jump to the newest post -1 or just to the newest post:
    New option!

Fantastic! No more hunting through a thread to figure out where I left off

#149 7 years ago

Any chance you could make the Front page topics behave like the Sticky topics? Meaning you have the option to only show posts with unread or new replies. It would make things so much easier when viewing topics on the front page because stuff you already read without any new posts would not be shown, just as in the sticky section.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Fantastic! No more hunting through a thread to figure out where I left off

You could do this previously, no? In the main forum home, just click the green square with the post count rather than the topic. Sounds like this feature just tweaks which post you see when you click the green square. (unless I misread the above)

Kudos on the new features, Robin.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside