10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I've searched and failed to come up with a site that lists all of the rubber parts for a given machine. I know that this info MUST be out there somewhere-- can anyone provide a link? I just can't see justifying spending double or more to buy a ring kit, when the rings themselves are so cheap individually.

#2 10 years ago

I have been looking for one for X-Men as it didn't come with a list of rubbers needed.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I've searched and failed to come up with a site that lists all of the rubber parts for a given machine. I know that this info MUST be out there somewhere-- can anyone provide a link?

There are no perfect lists. Manuals are sometimes wrong and games get changed mid-production. Once you own more than 1 or 2 games, you shouldn't be buying kits. Figure out what you need, then add in spares of each sizes and extras of high wear rubbers, like slingshot rubbers.

Quoted from judremy:

I have been looking for one for X-Men as it didn't come with a list of rubbers needed.

Section 2 of the yellow section of the LE has the list and locations. On Stern's website. Service, parts, XM.

Their manuals are getting choppy. Some stuff in the pro manual, some stuff in the LE manual. If you don't find what you're looking for, check the manual for the other version.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

There are no perfect lists. Manuals are sometimes wrong and games get changed mid-production. Once you own more than 1 or 2 games, you shouldn't be buying kits. Figure out what you need, then add in spares of each sizes and extras of high wear rubbers, like slingshot rubbers.

The machines I've been looking at are mostly older. Some have missing rubber. It's hard to guess. I have acquired a small collection in several different sizes, and I can usually make it work, and I've got the ring size chart, but sometimes it's hard to tell what's *right* for a particular application. The kits have a chart that comes with them, and those charts must be available somewhere...

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

those charts must be available somewhere...

not publicly normally. if the game manual didnt have it.. its likely someones hard work.

its not too hard just buy 4-5 of every rubber available up to 3(1/2) and your going to be set for all your games.

another cheater is to buy every rubber that pinball life offers in bulk discount multiples of. we are talking $10-20 bucks max here. you dont need a kit.

Quoted from drsfmd:

it's hard to tell what's *right* for a particular application

just have multiple sized available .. pick white or black. if you play the game and there isn't enough bounce or too much change the size a 1/4 inch (or as close as rubber size allows)

not really rocket science, which also explains why there isnt a cheat chart. just take some rubbers put them on there and see what fits.

#6 10 years ago

I realize that, I just didn't see the point in spending money on parts I don't need.

I'd bet that most of you can look at a picture of a ring kit and see what the sizes are, but I'm not that good at it yet

So, as a random example (and I won't list the machine, so as not to infringe on someones intellectual property), in this photo I would guess that these are:
    A: a shooter tip
    B: (3) 3/8 OD bumpers
    C: (11) 7/16 OD bumpers
    D: (4) 5/16 ID ring
    E: (2) 7/16 ID ring
    F: (1) 3/4 inch ring,
    G: (2) 1 inch rings
    H: (1) 1 1/2 inch ring
    I: (2) 2 1/2 inch rings
    J: (3) flippers

How do you think I did?

pinball.jpgpinball.jpg

#7 10 years ago

www.actionpinball.com is where I get my rubbers, comes with chart if you need it.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

http://www.actionpinball.com is where I get my rubbers, comes with chart if you need it.

I didn't have that site in my bookmark list-- thanks. Still, their kit is double what I could get the parts for individually, *if* I knew what I needed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/site-that-gives-rubber-parts-lists and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.