Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TrixTrix
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3414 (resized).jpeg
    20231231_213637 (resized).jpg
    20231221_204714 (resized).jpg
    20231202_175802 (resized).jpg
    20231022_160251 (resized).jpg
    20231007_192643 (resized).jpg
    20230917_170612 (resized).jpg
    20230830_214439 (resized).jpg
    20230702_212152 (resized).jpg
    20230702_215657 (resized).jpg
    20230624_201803 (resized).jpg
    20230624_220758 (resized).jpg
    20230623_233903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2373 (resized).png
    20230416_005249 (resized).jpg
    20230415_200325 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

So in "all" the photos (even the website) no power cords are shown? May not be bad for the small desk type or even a side table but I take it for either a $2k to a $10k table - you need to run a cord (under a rug) or install an outlet directly under the table - is this correct? Love the look and the art of these, but seeing replacement parts already being put out there, high costs and the cord issue, I may just buy another pin

(To explain a bit further, we were sizing up the 36" table - they look that good and I thought why not? But where we want to place the table, it's in the center of our room - and we don't want cables under rugs and there is no outlet, so that put that kibosh to that idea)

How is everyone else running power to their tables?

#52 3 years ago

Still no photos showing the power cord to the larger tables. Gotta make that look good

1 week later
    #64 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

Nothing stopping you from putting one in a back room with a camera mounted over it and feeding the live picture to a wall-mounted monitor.

Sweet Idea! Could have it out in one area and displayed on a wall elsewhere...nice!

1 week later
    #89 3 years ago

Spend $8k-10k on a table and then zip tie the power cord to one of the legs? That’s gotta look great. Still no photos of the power cords or how to hide it? Maybe a side table that can be hidden a bit. But at that cost I’d want it front and center. Love the art and beauty of it. But the cord issue is what’s keeping me from buying (we were literally on line purchasing one. Then started asking questions.). We don’t want to hide a cord under a rug or have to zip tie it to a leg. Ugh. Maybe one day they’ll have one that can take a charge? Say power it up for a few hours and it runs for a few days. (Idk).

#93 3 years ago

Yes, maybe as an end table like shown, but out in the center of your room? Not at that price.

#97 3 years ago

I, myself do not place pinball machines (or lamps, TV's, etc) in the middle of my living room. I have a simple coffee table.

"If" you have an outlet in the middle of your room (hidden) and yes, I've seen those and it's not that much to have one installed, I get that...and NO, my "logic" is not as you state. (Pinball machines run on electricity and out of all of this, you're getting that I think that's a poor design?)

My "logic" is that after paying what $8-10k on a beautiful table (not disrespecting the art or mechanics of this thing, it is truly amazing) you then need to zip tie a power cord to a table leg, and either run the cord under a rug (or install a hidden outlet) -and no where did the website show this - in ANY PHOTO!...after preparing to order one, we looked into this and just thought it was something others should also understand before plopping their money down.

I'll just buy another pin and put it against the wall (where my outlets are) - 3-5 years from now, I think I'll be happier (especially seeing they are already selling replacement parts for the "worn out" areas that are apt to fail.)

I'll quit posting here on this subject as it seems I'm upsetting those getting discounts on the backs of others...continue the advertising blitz. (I'll go back to pinball) Peace out

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sisyphus-table?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.