(Topic ID: 250711)

Sioux Falls, SD trip - looking for suggestions

By vpmaster2004

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190914_133814 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Anyone here been to Sioux Falls, SD, looking for pinball fun? I am. I know about the Bonus Round Bar. I heard about Electric Rainbow. Any other places that might have good access to pinball machines? I'm heading to Sioux Falls, SD on Saturday morning, and I want to be aware of any suggestions you guys might have. Any advice will be seriously appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Did you look at the Pin Map? I popped it open and the Bonus Round Bar has 9 pins. There are other spots as sell. Take a look if you haven’t tried the Pin Map.

#3 4 years ago

Bonus Round Bar of course.

Electric Rainbow is meh lately. Transformers is shot, Congo plays well but is dirty as hell. Really any place with machines where Musicvend is the operator, expect them to be run down.

'81 Bar' in Harrisburg also has a few pins, and is a very short drive, a decent sized set of arcade games. Never actually been there though.

Whatcha coming to town for?

#4 4 years ago

For sure, get out to the black hills area. Go see old Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, etc.
    Amazing time of year to sight see!
    Then report back any pin findings

#5 4 years ago

Well, a friend of mine are coming to town because it's her birthday, and it's also the birthday of one of my uncles, so I'm really looking forward to visiting Sioux Falls. I hear that The Bonus Round Bar has 2 locations.

#6 4 years ago

Bonus Round has one location open.
    Currently have AFM, BKSoR, Nascar, MBr, WH20, BM66, Star Trek Pro, Metallica
    Eighty-one Arcade has a huge collection of Arcade games. for Pins 81 has: GB, Street Fighter, Checkpoint
    Electric Rainbows' games are in terrible playing condition. They do have a congo that plays ok.
    Icon Lounge has a few of Okarcades games on route. I think maybe MMr, ToM, TAF, and or South Park.
    Vinyl Taco has an ACDC that plays better than Electric Rainbows. The one at Electric Rainbow tilts if you breathe on it!

#7 4 years ago

81 Arcade is genuinely kickass and I *highly* recommend it. It's owned by an actual gamer and his collection is highly curated. I personally like all of the weird/rare Japanese games like Initial D and DoDonPachi (which I hadn't heard of but they're now some of my favorite games) and how there's no bullshit like Big Buck Hunter. All of the arcade games are 25 cents (except for the driving ones) and the pinball is either 50 cents or 66 cents. It's also very clean and spacious and nicely decorated. Good beer.

#8 4 years ago

Oh crap, is this going to devolve into a South Dakota pinside crew meetup or something crazy like that?

-Hans

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Oh crap, is this going to devolve into a South Dakota pinside crew meetup or something crazy like that?
    -Hans

That could be a good time!

#10 4 years ago

That would be an awesome idea! Why not! Some of you guys might have other places you could recommend.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

-Hans

It’s always nice to see people from SD on here.

1 week later
    #12 4 years ago

Hey just wanted to let the other locals know, Vinyl Social Club expanded their line up. They've got a Rolling Stones and Metallica in addition to the ACDC now, RS had one issue with a sagging plastic but otherwise all in perfect factory shape as far as I could tell. Dim (stock) lighting and quiet music, but $2/3 games and the beers aren't bad.

First time I've played a Rolling Stones, the little moving Mick Jagger is annoying as hell.

IMG_20190914_133814 (resized).jpgIMG_20190914_133814 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sioux-falls-sd-trip-looking-for-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.