• Big Buck Hunter 14 votes
    5%
  • CSI 36 votes
    13%
  • 24 33 votes
    12%
  • NBA 83 votes
    29%
  • TigerLaw; you forgot the lowest production and I'm going to tell you which it really is below. 13 votes
    5%
  • I don't know and don't care, but I do like to vote in polls. 105 votes
    37%

(284 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danpatrickshow.jpg
Stevie Wonder.png
image-649.jpg
image-10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Wow quite a lot of opinions to sift through.
Assuming we are talking about modern Sterns 1999+, the lower production candidates tend to be NFL, NBA, CSI, 24, BBH, Striker Xtreme and Sharkey's Shootout. All my research tells me tells me there were less than 300 of each made. From personal observation, I have yet to see an NFL in person anywhere. The only NBA I've seen is at Universal's NBA restaurant. I've only found 1 of each of CSI, 24, and BBH on location since they were released. I have seen several Striker Xtremes, but Sharkey's Shootout maybe 1? I'm as confident in this list as one can be with research and anecdotal evidence, yet no ability to confirm the numbers... I'll put them in order of rarity first.
NFL- 85
NBA - 200
Sharkey's Shootout - 250
CSI / 24 / BBH - 250-300
Striker Xtreme - 250+
I believe all other Sterns had higher runs than the above titles

There were way more than 2,000 Striker's. There were 500 Shrek's. Most of them sold to CeC's. Your other numbers look better, but there are over 85 NBA's. Serials indicate that there should be around 200 NBA's. Stern usually ran at LEAST 200 of every single production title. Even the ones that sucked.

Keep in mind that not only people in the US buy Stern pinball machines. 50% of sales are other countries.

#75 9 years ago

Saw Steelers NFL pin at an auction here in Cincy last year. Reserve was like 3K and it did not sell. Only one I have ever seen for sale.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Original IM run was 2800

You are wrong. It was 900-1000.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Wow you do learn something everyday.

There are CERTAINLY fewer of those "Standard" Batmans than the NFL pins. 48 I believe...

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I was always under the impression CSI was 200 or lower. I bought one nib

Serials on http://www.ipsnd.net/ support that between 500 and 600 CSI's were made. Some were sent overseas to other countries. CSI is a worldwide show, broadcast in many different languages.

Keep in mind that:
in the summer of 2012, CSI was the MOST WATCHED TV SHOW IN THE WORLD.

#120 9 years ago

Nope, there are around 400 reg Elvis machines and 500 gold Elvis machines. 900 total.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I understood from a source that I think is very reliable that NBA had a production run of 370. If the production numbers on some games are as low as mentioned here it's amazing Stern managed to stay in business. It also explains the cost cutting, which explain the low sales (aside from theme choice and execution). Vicious circle...

I agree. What was the "break even" to even profit dollar number 1 on these Stern titles? I know that it depends on the cost of the license and also parts and labor/insurance, but I would gamble that 0 profit was made on any games that had runs of less than 400. Maybe 370 was the break even on NBA and Stern just decided to limit their losses at that point and move on to a title that would sell better.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Iron Man Classic yet.

Non commercial product. Home model. I have only seen and played one in my entire life at Sam's Club. If you count it as a actual release, there are very likely over 100 of them. More than standard Batman.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

OK on gold, but LOLno on regular. Not even close.
As for no one seeing more NFLs or APs, NFLs were only sold through Betson and probably mostly to homeowners. A lot of APs were sold through Sharper Image, Hammacher Schlemmer, etc. I would imagine most bought from places like that have not moved since original installation for the most part.

Maybe you can elaborate on the serial numbers posted then? It seems a run of 2000 could have been overlooked on ipsnd.net on Elvis. That may account for a large chunk of the miscalculation. Specifically, 186086 to
Indicates a run of at least 2000.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Only on pinside would people be bored enough to argue over sales numbers without any sales information.

Why would you need sales information to determine how many games were made? That's like saying you need a wrist-watch to know the time.

#172 9 years ago

@pinmaster:
If you primarily look at "internet and local sales" for your estimates, there will often be duplicate machines sold. While I appreciate sharing of personal experience with how often you are encountering machines, limiting your assessment to only that, is a far less accurate way to get a real estimate on machines that are actually out there. What about the 50% of all the Stern machines (ever made) that are not currently in the US?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-rarest-stern-game?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.