• Big Buck Hunter 14 votes
    5%
  • CSI 36 votes
    13%
  • 24 33 votes
    12%
  • NBA 83 votes
    29%
  • TigerLaw; you forgot the lowest production and I'm going to tell you which it really is below. 13 votes
    5%
  • I don't know and don't care, but I do like to vote in polls. 105 votes
    37%

(284 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danpatrickshow.jpg
Stevie Wonder.png
image-649.jpg
image-10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago

Dale Jr. was a 600-unit run, but I guess you have to consider it a Nascar LE. I've only seen one of those ever.

#52 9 years ago

Both Shrek and Dale Jr. supposedly had production runs of 600 units. But I find it odd that Shrek is owned by 77 pinsiders and on 109 locations whereas Dale Jr. is only owned by 11 pinsiders and on 16 locations. How can that be if production numbers were the same?

#56 9 years ago

Here is an interesting thread from 2 years ago that deals with Stern production numbers, and there are some wide variations reported here by different posters. One guy even says that 3500 Shreks were produced. Haven't made it through the entire thread yet, but it's pretty good reading.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-we-have-any-sales-data-production-number-of-stern-pins

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Any Stern with complete code? I kid I kid

Stevie Wonder.pngStevie Wonder.png

#77 9 years ago

It's too bad there aren't more CSI's out there. I think it's a really cool game and interesting layout by Pat Lawler. But a combination of the theme and the time-frame it was released really hurt the sales numbers I'm guessing. Pat has not done a game since then, correct? The new Jersey Jack will be his first in 7 years?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, the code is not good on CSI or 24 for that matter. Both seem to be coded like JPop games.

Nothing's wrong with the CSI code. You guys are just jealous that I have the current high score.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Well if anyone has a Stern NBA Pinball they would like to sell. Give me a shout.

Well there are two NBA pins on route in Wichita, KS where I play quite a bit. I have listed both of them on the pinball map here on Pinside in recent months. I know the one at Billiards Sports Plaza would be for sale because the guy at the front desk has told me they sell pins and get new ones in fairly regularly. So if you buy that one then maybe they will get a new machine in for me to play, and I can still play the NBA at the other location when the urge strikes.

Actually that one at Billiards Sports Plaza is pretty cool because it is 50 cents or 5 for $2.00. However, if you put 2 bucks in, it will give you 7 games instead of 5. And it is not terribly hard to hit the replay score, even for a newbie like myself, so figure another 3 games from that. Then you have the match at the end of each game where you could easily get a couple more games, so when it is all said and done I usually get 10-12 games off of that $2.00 which comes to about 15 to 20 cents per game. Not bad! So on second thought, maybe I don't want you to buy that game after all.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

NBA was a Space Jam re-theme? Sega 1996 or so then Stern in late 2000s?

Yes indeed. There are some slight differences with the ramps as pointed out before, but the two games are very similar. Also I don't think Space Jam has the big magnet in the middle of the playfield either (which many people would consider a good thing). I don't mind it too much, but it does add more randomness and distorts the natural flow of the ball.

1 month later
#186 9 years ago

I know that Rolling Stones LE is a pretty rare game, but I was wondering why isn't the normal version of Rolling Stones called Rolling Stones Pro? Instead it's just called "Rolling Stones" without being designated as "Pro". Why is this exactly? Didn't want to start a whole new thread topic to ask that question, so figured I would ask it here.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Because when they came out with the LE there wasn't a concept of a pro. That came later. Just like there is no LOTR Pro.

That's interesting, and I guess the same could be said of Spider-man and Avatar which both had LE versions. However, Rolling Stones was released in February 2011 and Tron: Legacy Pro came out in May 2011, so there was only 3 months separating them. Plus the LE versions of both those games came out in June 2011. So I guess the idea of naming the standard version of a game as "Pro" came about immediately after they were done with Rolling Stones. Also the "Pro" in Big Buck Hunter Pro from 2010 is simply part of the title of that game and not a designation as a "Pro" model I take it? That must be the case as there was no LE of that game, but it kind of adds to the confusion a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-rarest-stern-game?tu=kst8cat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.