• Big Buck Hunter 14 votes
    5%
  • CSI 36 votes
    13%
  • 24 33 votes
    12%
  • NBA 83 votes
    29%
  • TigerLaw; you forgot the lowest production and I'm going to tell you which it really is below. 13 votes
    5%
  • I don't know and don't care, but I do like to vote in polls. 105 votes
    37%

(284 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danpatrickshow.jpg
Stevie Wonder.png
image-649.jpg
image-10.jpg
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

So, Stern does not release exact sales figures. In fact, they barely release any sales data, such is their right.

I have always assumed CSI had the lowest run of any Stern (at an estimated 400 units). I heard though that both 24 and BBH had smaller runs. Also, I've heard that if it was not for China then NBA would have been smaller too.

So, which Stern is the rarest?

Modern only (no Catacomb answers). Multiple models of the same game aggregate together: ACDC pro, premium, LE, Luci, and pro LED are all just ACDC for this discussion.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Modern only (no Catacomb answers).

How bout Lazer Lord?

#3 9 years ago

Like you said, no way to know exact numbers...so I just chose the one I've never played. 24.

#4 9 years ago

My guess would be NBA

#5 9 years ago

Rolling Stones LE: rumor is ~150 were made

Avengers Premium: After the LE complaints & value drop...I can't imagine many of these were actually produced, but a few have popped up for sale here and there.

Mustang Premium & LE: Not sure if all 500 LEs were produced...prob not a lot of Prems sold either.

#6 9 years ago

Im going to say the nfl pin

#7 9 years ago

Wow. ..there you go....hadn't thought of that. To late to change my vote?

#8 9 years ago

Monopoly platinum edition?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rolling Stones LE: rumor is ~150 were made
Avengers Premium: After the LE complaints & value drop...I can't imagine many of these were actually produced, but a few have popped up for sale here and there.
Mustang Premium & LE: Not sure if all 500 LEs were produced...prob not a lot of Prems sold either.

All three are multiple models of games. When added with their pro ornLE breatheren I don't think they count. I did hear that Avengers Premium was a 50 machine run...but not what I had in mind for this poll.

#10 9 years ago
#11 9 years ago

LMAO! That's another FGY/Shrek!!! I've never seen that before. I wonder what the call outs were like...and can you upload that software to FGY/Shrek like they do on each other? Thanks for the link.

#12 9 years ago

I'd toss Wheel of Fortune into this mix as well. I've heard that one is pretty low. I think it'd probably be between CSI, NBA, and WOF. I see a decent bit of BBH and 24 around, at least compared to those other three.

#13 9 years ago

You can look at game profile see how many owners on Pinside.

NBA has 5 owners listed

CSI and 24 both only 20-something owners.

Mustang and BBH in the 40's

#15 9 years ago

Does "The Pin" count in your poll?

#16 9 years ago

I think it is NBA , I've only seen one and it was on location . It is actually a pretty fun game , would like to play it again sometime .
That "Good Morning America " is Hilarious , Worst artwork (or lack there of) I've ever seen on a pinball machine . What did they do throw that thing together the day before the show ?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Yep. They maybe made 10 for each team and they only did a dozen or so different teams. 22 games for 11 different teams have sold on ebay in the last 8 years. A Jets games sold for $800. lol

The GMA pin was a one off. Not a 'run'. You can see it in action below. Note Josh Sharpe cradling a ball on the right flipper to talk on camera, then switching it with his left hand to turn around. That's a player.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I was going to go with Gas Attack

A re-themed Break Shot. Now that's classic!

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Oh yeah that's a great call. It's just a reskin of Striker Xtreme IIRC, so if it still counts than I'd probably put it up as the rarest.

#21 9 years ago

I would go with nba followed by 24.

Curious, is stern IJ rarer than CSI???

#22 9 years ago

I love wrestling but I'm gonna say when it's all said and done wrestlemania could be one of the lowest

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

I would go with nba followed by 24.
Curious, is stern IJ rarer than CSI???

No - definitely more Indy4's made than CSI.

#25 9 years ago

Not IJ4 I've seen lots and 94 pinsiders own one.

#26 9 years ago

The Sopranos, Tron LE, TRSLE, CSI,BBH maybe sharkeys shootout.

#27 9 years ago

I remember hearing some years back from Gomez at a show that they shipped 100 NBA's to China. They did the playfield in Manderin characters. Looked awesome. With these super low run games (under 500 total all versions) that extra 100 may put NBA out of the running for rarest.

#28 9 years ago

As previously mentioned, the OP figures LEs and Premiums should roll up together with the Pros for total units.
Shrek had 600 so a game will have to have less than that. Unless you roll it up with FGY. Then you would have to roll up NFL with Stryker Extreme. NASCARs and Grand Prix.

#29 9 years ago

What about Batman Standard?

image-649.jpgimage-649.jpg

#30 9 years ago

Does it have to be a game that was in "production" or can it include "prototypes"?

#31 9 years ago

I think he is looking for production games .

#32 9 years ago

stryker extreme? dont see many of those

#33 9 years ago

Avengers premium!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I think he is looking for production games .

Trilogybeer you were unbanned! Nice to see you again.

#35 9 years ago

My only question is which of these is now going to double in price until the remake is announced! Rare sells!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I love wrestling but I'm gonna say when it's all said and done wrestlemania could be one of the lowest

Ha! Ha! That's what I was thinking.

#38 9 years ago

I vote NBA because I used to own one.

#39 9 years ago

BBH was run multiple times. Had one that was part of the April 2012 run about a week before my AC/DC Pro was made. I would guess maybe CSI or 24?

#40 9 years ago

Rolling Stones LE, and Mustang Premium.

#41 9 years ago

BBH. I've only run into it once over the years. If you asked me a couple years ago I'd have said the same about CSI, but then I ran into one at a pizza shop in Maine. And I must say, it was a good time.

#42 9 years ago

Here's my educated guesses. And WOF isn't even in the running compared to most of these.

Lowest is very likely between CSI and NBA. 24 was a much better game than either and for that reason alone had to be higher. I have NFI about BBH, and that's despite working at Play Mechanix at the time. My guess is that did kinda well in the northern midwest. BBH COULD be above WOF even, which was just under 1000 if I had to guess.

I would guess 24 in the 800ish range and CSI and NBA 500 or lower.

I have no actual info.

Oh NFL was certainly multiple hundreds, almost certainly more than CSI/NBA. But as stated it was to use parts up, so that would've been a limiting factor without compelling amounts of orders.

SX would shock you with how many were made; most of them are probably in German landfills if I had to guess (or incinerators? I dunno what they do there).

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Yep. They maybe made 10 for each team and they only did a dozen or so different teams. 22 games for 11 different teams have sold on ebay in the last 8 years. A Jets games sold for $800. lol

I believe it was 16 teams and Mr Pinball says 25 or 50 for each of the teams, so that puts the production run between 400-800 made. I have seen 4-5 for sale locally. My bet for lowest is NBA, never even heard of one in AZ, let alone seen one.

#44 9 years ago

Austin Powers? I have only seen one ever.

#45 9 years ago

There are probably at least 2K APs. Or right around there.

#46 9 years ago

Yeah, looking at the IPSND numbers you are right. There were a bunch made.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Have you at least played it?

#48 9 years ago

I traded out the Stern NBA we had at the youth center.

The boys down here in the south don't seem to like basketball as much as they do college football.

I probably should have kept it for myself.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Have you at least played it?

Opinions based on factual information, first hand knowledge, or unbiased assessments have no business showing up on public internet forums.

#50 9 years ago

Dale Jr. was a 600-unit run, but I guess you have to consider it a Nascar LE. I've only seen one of those ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-rarest-stern-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.