(Topic ID: 91812)

single flasher bulb not working

By clutch

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

The "fight bluto" bulb is out on my Popeye. There are several flasher bulbs that are intended to make the playing field item that much brighter during certain game modes and are backed up by a second bulb. "Fight Bluto isn't on of them. It's the only bulb there so when it went out I replaced it. No fix. So I ran the flasher test. None of the flashers light when running the test so assumed all flashers were out and I posted here that I had looked at the power board and noticed LED 5 was out (should be lit) and that the flasher circuit fuse F111 was good. I was guided to check the 20V test point and sure enough I was only getting 1.2V. I was a little reluctant to drop the board to read the bridge rectifier so I left that to another day. Then I just played a game and all the other flashers work during game play. Why would they work during play but not during the test function? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks, I guess I didn't consider 20V to be be high power but you are exactly right. Test ran fine with door closed and interestingly the fight bluto flasher works during the test but not during game play. Now where to look?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-flasher-bulb-not-working?tu=clutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.