(Topic ID: 83004)

** Single color undercab LED kits ** - MEZELmods

By Tmezel

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-648.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140323_094432.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 11.08.19 PM.png
    image-334.jpg
    image-812.jpg
    image-770.jpg
    image-430.jpg
    image-686.jpg
    image-42.jpg
    image-514.jpg
    image-345.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

~6 feet of 108 superbright 5050 SMD LEDs. It comes in 6 colors, red, blue, green, yellow, purple and white. Installs easily with the adhesive backed strips. Connects to Stern SAM and WPC machines with the included connector at the coin door. Harness runs out the back of the backbox. Researching connections for all other modern pinballs.

Order here. http://mezelmods.com/collections/acdc/products/undercab

image-42.jpgimage-42.jpgimage-430.jpgimage-430.jpgimage-686.jpgimage-686.jpgimage-514.jpgimage-514.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-345.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Man...you couldn't have been selling this when I ordered all my MET mods like a week and a half ago? LOL.

I am SO in. You gonna bring some of these to TPF or can I just pay for em in advance?

#3 10 years ago

I will be there with some of these. I also have a very reasonable priced sound activated RGB kit I will be selling too. You can also turn off the sound activation and set it to 1 color or have it flash through 15 with two different variations.

#4 10 years ago

Will this plug into a DE machine? Possible to splice into GI?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Will this plug into a DE machine? Possible to splice into GI?

I can do some research on this. I plan on making these available for all modern machines.

#6 10 years ago

wow $15.00 is a very good price. and 6 feets of led strip, hard to beat.
    i imagine it comes with the controller to change the colors? or is it just one color.

either way, price is very good.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i imagine it comes with the controller to change the colors? or is it just one color.

Just one color. A reasonably priced RGB, sound activated (on or off) version I will post tomorrow.

#8 10 years ago

Watching this. Polk subwoofers now added for all machines, under cabinet lighting is the next logical step

#9 10 years ago

So how would this work on gottlieb system 3s?I noticed you didn't mention them? System 3s are all I own at the moment

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

So how would this work on gottlieb system 3s?I noticed you didn't mention them? System 3s are all I own at the moment

If you can figure out how and the connector needed, I will send you a free one to work with. Otherwise I will eventually figure it out.

#11 10 years ago

Just ordered a WPC and Stern. I would love to do this to RBION (pre-SAM) and TFTC (DE), so let us know if you update the product.

#12 10 years ago

Does this stay on the whole time- or can you make it flash, fade, etc?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from pin15:

Does this stay on the whole time- or can you make it flash, fade, etc?

This just stays on when the machine is on.

#14 10 years ago

Cheap, single-color kits that stay on when the machine is on is just what I think I need next. I've been thinking of adding a different single color undercab lighting kit to four of my games to help with general room "mood" lighting (CFTBL = green + IJ = yellow + TOM = red + WHOdunnit? = blue). Plus full-color interactive kits (just ordered today) on two games (the center game in the row on both sides of the room: TZ and SS). Once I receive and install the two interactive kits I think I'll be better able to judge if I should add the single colors to those other four games.

#15 10 years ago

Thats exactly what I have wanted. Everyone else has all the flashing gizmo stuff now. PM sent

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

..... Once I receive and install the two interactive kits I think I'll be better able to judge if I should add the single colors to those other four games.

i did that on all my games and it looks great, i have my led strip that stay on all the time and right beside (around) i have my flashing kit.

and like i said at this price you can't go wrong.

#17 10 years ago

Interesting! Nice price.

#18 10 years ago

Very nice price. I have been looking for something like this - basic, single color, on all-the-time for several of my pins. Question: How do you have the ones on the sample photos installed?

I was hoping for something to go around the perimeter of my pin bottoms so I could still use my harbor freight lift table. Any chance of getting a 12-foot version (5 ft left side / 2 ft front under coin box / 5 ft right side), so my lift table could be used in between the installed light strips?

Thanks!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

Watching this. Polk subwoofers now added for all machines, under cabinet lighting is the next logical step

For 34 games? Holy shinola.

#20 10 years ago

BTW...this is a greta price. I bought those cathode ray tubes pinball life used to sell and love them. I just want one color under my games.

Counting my pennies now.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

BTW...this is a greta price. I bought those cathode ray tubes pinball life used to sell and love them. I just want one color under my games.
    Counting my pennies now.

Me too. I was totally happy with the cathode ray tubes that pinballife no longer carries. I still think they actually emit more light than the LED strips.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

For 34 games? Holy shinola.

Lol, well, I didn't put them on my head to head pins, Baby Pac, or my two EMs, so not quite all 34 have thumpin' bass

Undercab lighting would be fun to do next, but I'd really love an affordable color changing option. That said, Mezelmod's $15 price is darn tempting if you have to outfit a sizable collection. I look forward to seeing what else he comes up with too

#23 10 years ago

I'll buy a Blue & a Red for B/W pins .. PM me yr Paypal address .. Is the hardware gonna be included to do the Hook up to the Power source ?

#24 10 years ago

I dunno - a 16ft strip of 300 5050 RGB LED's is $16 w/free shipping on Amazon. I've used these and you can wire them to be any color you like and can simply connect it to any 12v source in the machine.

So you could do at least 3 machines for 16 bucks. So if you have a big collection and want to save a buck this would be the way to go.

If you only have a couple and don't want or can't solder then I'd buy one from Mezel

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

I was really contemplating making them 5 feet, but what the heck.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Once I install the two interactive kits I can judge if I should add the single colors to four other games.

Quoted from beatmaster:

I did that on my games and it looks great. I have an led strip that stays on right beside my flashing kit.

Okay, you convinced me. Four different single color kits ordered already today.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Very nice price. I have been looking for something like this - basic, single color, on all-the-time for several of my pins. Question: How do you have the ones on the sample photos installed?
    I was hoping for something to go around the perimeter of my pin bottoms so I could still use my harbor freight lift table. Any chance of getting a 12-foot version (5 ft left side / 2 ft front under coin box / 5 ft right side), so my lift table could be used in between the installed light strips?
    Thanks!

If you want to roughly max out your space on a non-wide body you would be looking at approximately 4 ft, 1.5 ft and 4ft. My harbor freight table is 17 3/4 inches wide. If you put the LEDs around the the far outside bottom of the cab, still under the lip, the lift should fit.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

If you want to roughly max out your space on a non-wide body you would be looking at approximately 4 ft, 1.5 ft and 4ft. My harbor freight table is 17 3/4 inches wide. If you put the LEDs around the the far outside bottom of the cab, still under the lip, the lift should fit.

Thanks for the breakdown. I am out-of-town and not at home to measure my pins. So, based on your calcs, any chance of having you build a 9-ft version so I could order red for TOM and yellow for IJ? Thanks!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Thanks for the breakdown. I am out-of-town and not at home to measure my pins. So, based on your calcs, any chance of having you build a 9-ft version so I could order red for TOM and yellow for IJ? Thanks!

Yeah, let me figure the price for ya.

#30 10 years ago

Install picture. You really need to wipe down the underside where the LEDs are applied. The underside of my in house Metallica was filthy. image-770.jpgimage-770.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Also adding 6 small pieces of double side tape to ensure good adhesion.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Thanks Tmezel! Looking forward to it.

#33 10 years ago

Is that yellow really as orange as it looks? I think that might look cool under my Tron, since the topper is blue...

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

Is that yellow really as orange as it looks? I think that might look cool under my Tron, since the topper is blue...

It really looks yellow. I should be testing an orange this week.

#35 10 years ago

Tim,

Are going to have a booth at TPF?
    Are you bringing these for sale at TPF.
    If not can you bring me a couple of sets?

Bill

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from BDillon:

Tim,
    Are going to have a booth at TPF?
    Are you bringing these for sale at TPF.
    If not can you bring me a couple of sets?
    Bill

Yes, a booth and I should have a gaggle of these on hand.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

I just made about 20 of these tonight and it was tough for me adding the molex or 2 pin connectors. I need to get some better training. Congrats to those who got in for $15. Really to be worth my time, probably gonna raise the price to $20.

I may be able to reduce the price for the option to run it through the speaker hole, it would reduce the wire length by 6 feet. I just thought it was much easier to run it down through the machine and out the backbox.

Stay tuned.

#38 10 years ago

i always run the wires trough the speaker grill cabinet, it's nice and clean.
    i seriously think even at $25, your price will still be very good and unbeatable.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Install picture. You really need to wipe down the underside where the LEDs are applied. The underside of my in house Metallica was filthy.

image-770.jpg 105 KB

What is the white wire hanging out of the speaker grill? Don't you simply hook these up to a 12v source on the machine itself?

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

What is the white wire hanging out of the speaker grill? Don't you simply hook these up to a 12v source on the machine itself?

That's my Polk subwoofer I moved for the picture.

#41 10 years ago

These are back up for sale. I going with $20 going forward.

#42 10 years ago

For WPC machines you have to have an available 12v opening or you will have to splice them on your own.

image-812.jpgimage-812.jpg

#43 10 years ago

My POTC came with an older (not current) design of cointakers undercab LEDS. Only the right side string of LEDS was working (connectors were missing at the corners). You know what? You would never know that the LEDS were only on one side. They are still plenty bright and give a good distribution of light under the machine. Point being that if you are looking to do the cheapest (but still nice) undercab LEDS, you only need a single 3 foot (approx) string down one side.

Also, I would think that you would place them right in the corner along the edge so they don't get crushed with Harbor Freight lifts I certainly get a little forgetful and would probably forget to remove them before lifting the machine.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

These are back up for sale. I going with $20 going forward.

Actually, your site says they're still $15 and unavailable??

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

Actually, your site says they're still $15 and unavailable??

It's fixed now.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Any luck coming up with a 9 ft version for me to accommodate my harbor freight lift? Thanks!

#47 10 years ago

9 foot is overkill IMO. Single 3 foot will do the job.

#48 10 years ago

where do I hook this into for TZ? anyone ? I got the mod but my TZ board looks a little different than that

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsolus:

where do I hook this into for TZ? anyone ? I got the mod but my TZ board looks a little different than that

Look at the pic about 6 post above and look for the available 12 source on the bottom left.

#50 10 years ago

Make sure you wipe down the undercab where the strips are going because they will not adhere to dirt. Use the extra double sided tape if you need to. Some of the undersides are not made of very good wood sometimes.

For example, TOTAN had not problems, the underside of MET was a bit of a challenge.

image-334.jpgimage-334.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-color-undercab-led-kit-15-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.