7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Boltronix
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc6 (resized).jpg
    sc5 (resized).jpg
    sc3 (resized).jpg
    sc4 (resized).jpg
    sc2 (resized).jpg
    sc1 (resized).jpg
    light box (resized).jpg
    bottom units (resized).jpg
    stepper missing parts (resized).jpg
    burnt relay (resized).jpg
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5146 (resized).JPG
    Aug trip 133 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 119 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 097 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 092 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I am working on a Single Coin Bingo. Six card unit. 25 holes. The motor on the back door runs continually. Where do I start to get this corrected? I also found a burnt 25 ohm coil on a stepper unit.

#2 7 years ago

Can you upload a picture? There were no 'single coin' games that came from the factory that way - they were all conversions, typically of six card games. In modified 70s games, the motor spins until the fourth ball is shot. In earlier games, it does spin all the time until the timer runs out.

In short, that may not be a problem.

Which stepper unit had the burned coil?

A photo of the game will help me cross-reference the coil you need. Step up coils were mostly one value, while reset coils were another. Relays could be one of two values. 'Course, this is assuming you have a converted Bally. I've seen a single coin conversion done on a Keeney.

#3 7 years ago

Here just a couple of Bally six card games with Single Coin/Play Land back glasses in them. I seen many more different titles on other Bally Bingo Pinball machines six card games too......mostly 1960's and 1970's games.

Aug trip 092 (resized).jpgAug trip 092 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 097 (resized).jpgAug trip 097 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 119 (resized).jpgAug trip 119 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 133 (resized).jpgAug trip 133 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Here are some photos. the coil that is fried is on the left stepper out of the pair that are side by side in line with the motor. thanks!

IMG_5146 (resized).JPGIMG_5146 (resized).JPG

IMG_5150 (resized).JPGIMG_5150 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

the cabinet is distinctive - the game is probably Fun Spot '61. Your picture doesn't match the internal pictures for Barrel 'O Fun 61 I have, but I don't have any fun spot '61 pictures to compare to.

if you want to take more pics on the inside, that would be great. Angles where the wipers on the units are visible would be great, as well as inside the head. Looks like the top stepper is the spotting unit, the middle one the selection unit, and the bottom are the replay counters for each card.

the two things on the left end of the motor shaft are the 4-5-6 and 1-2-3 search discs from left to right.

you've got an added relay and associated wiring, probably related to the added red button on the cabinet.

anyway, the manual and schematic are at https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/fun_spot_61/

the manual has the coil part numbers in it (usually E-184-x, c-2794-x or c-7300-x). The search index coils are E-184-119 and the search wiper lock coils are C-2794-303

#6 7 years ago

i will have more photos sunday. your helps is awesome!

#7 7 years ago

without the coil connected to the top two steppers the machine will register when a ball falls into any of the holes and lite the appropriate number on the card. getting three in a row or more does not register games (maybe I just need the coils). I am holding a good coil from the right stepper. I removed this to compare to the stepper on the left. burnt relay (resized).jpgburnt relay (resized).jpg. This stepper on the top middle looks like it is missing a relay and also a switch as the white gear has a post that would hit a switch after one full revolution.stepper missing parts (resized).jpgstepper missing parts (resized).jpg. The bottom six units work nice manually. bottom units (resized).jpgbottom units (resized).jpg. Here is a photo of the "light box".light box (resized).jpglight box (resized).jpg. here are some additional photos. I think we are getting close.sc6 (resized).jpgsc6 (resized).jpgsc5 (resized).jpgsc5 (resized).jpgsc3 (resized).jpgsc3 (resized).jpgsc4 (resized).jpgsc4 (resized).jpgsc2 (resized).jpgsc2 (resized).jpgsc1 (resized).jpgsc1 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

pedantically, the two things on the left end of the control unit shaft are search disc contact plates and wipers. Steppers are the units that use a coil/plunger and pawl to turn the wipers one ratchet tooth/step at a time.

your game is a bit different from most of the descriptions you'll see about bingos. On most machines, the motor-driven shaft on the back door was the mixer/spotting unit, and the contact plate/wipers on the left end were the spotting disc/wipers. The control unit motor/shaft was in the head.

on your game, there is no mixer/spotting unit. The control unit is on the back door, and the contact plates/wipers on the left end are search discs. You do, however, have a spotting unit that is implemented as a continuous stepper....it steps up, never resets, and has no "top step". That's the unit in your second picture and it's not missing anything.

the pin sticking out of the ratchet on the spotting unit doesn't do anything ... it's just a standard part with a pin that isn't used.

I'm not sure if you are holding a wiper lock unit or a search index unit. The wiper lock unit engages the bakelite cam notch and locks the search wipers in their home position. The search index unit engages the black metal ratchet and locks the wipers on rivets when you are scanning for winners after pushing the R-button.

if a lock coil is bad, the wipers won't release to look for winners (you won't hear the search relays chattering as the wipers spin). If a search index coil is bad, you won't get payout. Neither of those should stop the card lights from turning on as balls plop in the holes.

#9 7 years ago

Great Knowledge, thank you

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/single-coin-bingo?hl=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.