Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160201_162333346_(resized).jpg
Playfield_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there was a light tube over the light bulb behind the 100 point bulls Eye Target from the factory? I've recently worked on two games that had a yellow tube over this bulb? Not sure if this was factory original or added later! Maybe someone out there has an unmolested game that can provide info.........

#3 3 years ago

Yes, a lot of those games had them and used different colors in different areas. PBR sells replacements.

Hard Plastics Lamp Sleeve/Shade

These are hard plastic lamp sleeve/shade. They are 1-1/2” long and can be cut to the desired length.

Bally Part Number C615

GTB-24410N+ Amber $0.75ea

GTB-24410S Green $0.75a

GTB-24410U+ Red $0.75ea

GTB-24410W Blue $0.75ea

GTB-24410T+ Yellow $0.75ea

#4 3 years ago

When I bought my Sing Along it was a pretty unmolested (i.e., dirty) survivor and it came with a yellow tube on the 100pt target light. It's important because that particular bulb is very visible from the players angle and otherwise there would be way too much glare.

Even with the light shield on, you can see some of the glare coming from the light on my Sing Along.

Playfield_(resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

That bulb can be a bit distracting. I put a spacer between the bottom of the PF and socket to lower the bulb.

Did not realize it originally had a shade over it. Need to check IPDB to see what it looks like.

#6 3 years ago

If this is the case I am going to add one to mine

#7 3 years ago

I placed colored bulb covers to cut down on all the glare.

IMG_20160201_162333346_(resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

I had quite a few Gottliebs w/different colored lamp sleeves under the ball arch...original.

#9 3 years ago

Heatwave, That's why I asked the question, just got my Sing Along up and running with a new Wade Playfield and the Glare was what prompted me to ask the question. I just installed a yellow tube over the light and yes, there is way less glare in the eye's. Thanks to all that replied....

#10 3 years ago

flipit -

Good deal. I bet that playfield looks fantastic. Sing Along is probably my all-time favorite game from a backglass/playfield/cabinet art standpoint. Makes me smile just looking at it! Great player as well.

#11 3 years ago

I went all the way with this one, stenciled and repainted the cabinet with the correct lacquer paint, new siderails and front metal trim with a repo backglass.....Buffed all the hareware ect....I agree, a nice piece of artwork, a really a cool game...

#12 3 years ago

Sorry for the Wizard pic, don't know how to edit. Flippers on Sing Along have since been adjusted to correct position. Wizard swap should be done soon and Atlantis will be next!

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

My machine came with new rubbers, bumpers, switches etc to fit. It also had 4 coloured tubes (2red,2 yellow) so presumably came with the rebuild kit ordered by the previous owner? I had no idea where these tubes should go but I too had a problem with the glare from the target. I tried one of the yellow sleeves over it but found it wanted to drop down below the playfield. Not a problem to prop it up but I would then have 3 'spare' tubes. So I put a red and yellow on the lights either side of the flippers and painted the bulb in the target red,white and blue to match the target. It worked and looks quite cool

#14 3 years ago

My SA was pretty original (i.e. dirty), and I found two red & two yellow tubes under the ball arch. I think they add a nice touch so I kept them on.

I'm going to see how one looks on the 100 pt target.

#15 3 years ago

There are also coloured #47/44 light bulbs, red, and yellow for sure and possibly other colours. The sleeves do help to diffuse the light and reduce the glare. On the 70's Gottlieb pins there are tubes on the bulbs behind the coin labels.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 42.00
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside