Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Hi All,

This one has me scratching my head. Setting up my Sing Along for score awards. I'm using 3800, 4200, 4600, 5000.

all scores add replay except for the 5000. The 5 pin will award correctly at 5100-5900, just not at 5000, yet the other pins will score at even thousands 1000,2000,3000 etc.

Also, if I set the 5 pin to award at 5000, it will instead award at 6000.

If I jump from the 5 lug on the thousands wheel to the 0 lug on the hundreds reel, it will award at 5100, if I jump to the 1 on hundreds reel it will award at 5200 etc.

The fingers on those reels are set correctly.

Note: Since the 5 pin in the zero jones plug awards at 6000, (and 6 pin awards at 7000) I tried the 4 pin in the zero plug, it awarded at 4000!

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Since the 5 pin in the zero jones plug awards at

There is no zero jones socket. They go from 100 to 1000. See attached schematic fragment.

Quoted from DropTarget:

Since the 5 pin in the zero jones plug awards at 6000, (and 6 pin awards at 7000) I tried the 4 pin in the zero plug, it awarded at 4000!

I find this very surprising. If you're sure of this, it would indicate another problem.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

There is no zero jones socket. They go from 100 to 1000. See attached schematic fragment.

ok, the 1000's socket

Quoted from HowardR:

I find this very surprising. If you're sure of this, it would indicate another problem

positive, I tried it many times. That's part of why I'm scratching my head.

#4 2 years ago

One nice thing about the match circuit is that you can test and experiment with various combinations using a meter with the power off. If you clip the meter to the orange+green wire on the 1000s score reel and to the red-yellow wire on the 100s score reel the meter will tell you whether there is a path between them (and through the high score adjustment plugs). Low resistance or even continuity will work in this case since there is a normally open switch on the L (100 point) relay to block the other path through the transformer. Then with your meter in place you can move the two score reels and jones plugs to various combinations to see if there is a good path through them.

Keep in mind that the the path will be there when the score reels are 100 points less than whatever you set on the jones plugs. For example if you've set the award level for 3800, the path will be there when the score reels show 3700 because the path will be used the next time the L/100 point relay fires (to 3800) and closes the L relay switch.

/Mark

Added over 2 years ago:

"One nice thing about the match circuit...", should be "One nice thing about the High Score circuit..."

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

One nice thing about the match circuit is that you can test and experiment with various combinations using a meter with the power off. If you clip the meter to the orange+green wire on the 1000s score reel and to the red-yellow wire on the 100s score reel the meter will tell you whether there is a path between them (and through the high score adjustment plugs). Low resistance or even continuity will work in this case since there is a normally open switch on the L (100 point) relay to block the other path through the transformer. Then with your meter in place you can move the two score reels and jones plugs to various combinations to see if there is a good path through them.
Keep in mind that the the path will be there when the score reels are 100 points less than whatever you set on the jones plugs. For example if you've set the award level for 3800, the path will be there when the score reels show 3700 because the path will be used the next time the L/100 point relay fires (to 3800) and closes the L relay switch.

Thanks Mark,

That'll give me a place to start

#6 2 years ago

Fixed. Thanks for the help.

I tried Marks troubleshooting tip, and found continuity to be very weak and sometimes there was none unless I mover the 1000's reel a C, so I took the reel apart, readjusted and cleaned the fingers, cleaned the traces and coated them with that radio shack silicone stuff, man I wish they still made that. Now all is good.

-W

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hedgesville, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sing-along-odd-replay-award-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.