Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by zebpin61
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sing Along hole lights (resized).jpg
    Sing Along pop bumpers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ollulanus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Working on a sing along that plays, but has several issues that I need to sort. First thing is figuring out what everything is actually supposed to do :p

1. Are the yellow and red pops supposed to activate as pairs? Currently triggering a red or yellow also fires its mate. Guessing that's normal, but I don't recall seeing this on other EMs and the schematic I could read either way

2. Hitting each playfield switch should unlight that insert and light the corresponding one on the hole layout, right? Have a few that aren't lighting/unlighting, probably just a relay that needs cleaned and adjusted, but making sure it's always supposed to work that way.

3. Can someone explain the scoring logic on the holes, and when the actual hole lights should turn on? Most of the insert lights are behaving properly, but the hole lights themselves are clearly wonky, and I just need to know when they should trigger before digging in too much. Likewise, understanding the scoring would help me track things down.

Thanks for any input!

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

More
    Pop bumpers often share a relay, probably as a cost savings measure. On Sing Along the red bumpers share the E relay and the yellow bumpers share the D delay.

Thanks - I thought that made sense from the schematic, but I would have sworn they weren't firing together before I rebuilt the flippers. Must have just not noticed. Ironically, I bought one of the new stern bonds where everyone is complaining about the two pops firing in tandem. Original bond here, lol.

Thanks for all the info from everyone. Should keep me busy for a minute. New to EMs, and it all makes sense but SO MANY SWITCHES is kind of intimidating when you're used to solid state stuff

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

The holes light when you get all the numbers of that color. They cycle on and off as 1 point or 10 points are scored. They are also “weighted” from left to right. The left holes are lit more frequently than the right side - I guess assuming that the kickers are going to allow you to hit the right holes more frequently. I can pull out the schematic if you need more specifics
    Dave

Thanks, I have the schematic just making sure I know what it's supposed to do and don't turn myself around thinking through the relays. Helps to know what the goal of the wiring is to understand the wiring, kinda like doing the mazes in reverse is easier, lol

#9 1 year ago

Got the lights working properly; just contacts that needed cleaned for the most part, couple adjustments. Score motor was running forever unless you manually reset, took me forever to track down the switch on the score motor that needed adjusted to trigger the reset bank, but now I've got a clearer idea of how this schematic works at least. Score motor and relays are new to me - fun stuff.

Couple follow ups:
    1) Only supposed to have ONE hole lit at a time, regardless of how many 1-4 rows you've lit, right?

2) Can someone with the game in good working order tell me if when you start a game/trigger the resets the hole kickout armature fires too? Asking because it's kicking out randomly with other gameplay, guessing I've got a short somewhere but haven't eyeballed it, so gathering info to narrow down where to start looking hard.

3) Anyone have a source for part numbers for this era of gottlieb they can point me towards? I have the schematic, but need to rebuild some of the pops and a few other things...can measure the sleeves, but not sure about the yokes and such

#12 1 year ago

Thanks, couldn't find the stuff clearly on Marco or PBL, always forget about PBR.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

As a final note: my sing along does not fire the hole kicker upon startup. The red pops activate together, as do the yellow.
    Hole scoring starts at 10 points, and increases an additional 10 points for each number in that column lit, so if you have two numbers in the column, you get thirty points.
    Only one hole at a time can(should) be illuminated for a special. It will only illuminate when all four numbers in the column have been achieved.
    Hope that answers all your questions. This is a grail pin for me, it’s the first one I remember playing, and the first machine to suck my pockets dry.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I was guessing the holes kicking on reset was a glitch, that should help me track down the short. I've got all the lights working as intended, now I've just got to make sure everything's scoring correctly (it's really, really not ATM, lol). Considering the amount of switch cleaning I had to do to get the lights working right, I probably should just take a file to every contact in the game before screwing around too much more. Playing fine other than scoring and a pop bumper that needs some work now though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ollulanus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sing-along-issues-what-s-normal?tu=Ollulanus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.