• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sing Along ball return relay (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello,

My sing along is caught in a reset loop. When you start the game the score motor runs constantly and the reset bank on the playfield constantly resets. All score reels are at zero. Any help appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

I cleaned the ball count unit and here is a picture to make sure I didnt reverse it.

Also someone mentioned checking the 'third coin relay'.

#3 5 years ago

The first step would be to figure out what is making the score motor run. The switches in the long red box show you which relays can cause the score motor to run:
Sing Along ball return relay (resized).jpgSing Along ball return relay (resized).jpg
How many of those relays are active when the game is stuck in reset?

One possibility is that the game has finished resetting, but isn't able to kick the ball to the shooter lane to start the game. The O/Ball Return relay fires when the ball drains and the Outhole switch closes. When the O relay fires, it causes the score motor to turn, and should cause the Ball Return Kicker to fire. If your O relay is active while the score motor is turning, check the two switches in the smaller red boxes. They both need to close to fire the Ball Return Kicker.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the info, it turned out to be two things. First, I checked the fuse near the bottom trip bank but never put it back in, secondly, the ball count unit was off 1 step, the ball count unit disc should touch the first rivet at reset, but it was off the rivet upon reset.

5 years later
#5 5 months ago

I recently bought a working Sing Along. It needed a light shop job. Just figured a quick cleaning and I'd be good to go. After putting the playfield back in it is stuck in reset. I don't have a schematic. Currently the 3rd chute relay is pulsing. I checked coin door switches and all seem fine. Any ideas?

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I recently bought a working Sing Along. It needed a light shop job. Just figured a quick cleaning and I'd be good to go. After putting the playfield back in it is stuck in reset. I don't have a schematic. Currently the 3rd chute relay is pulsing. I checked coin door switches and all seem fine. Any ideas?

check the fish paper on the coin switches, if they are not in place then it uses the trip wire to complete the circuit

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

check the fish paper on the coin switches, if they are not in place then it uses the trip wire to complete the circuit

Got it. Took me a minute to find. I bent a switch on the motor board. Must have snagged it with the jones plugs when i dropped the playfield in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hedgesville, WV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sing-along-in-reset-loop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.