(Topic ID: 142950)

Sing Along bg (IS IN - SEND MONEY ORDER) - ship will be slow - Ron's bsy wkng OT

By hoov

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hoov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4549_(resized).jpg
IMG_1428_(resized).JPG
IMG_0898_(resized).JPG
rimshot2_(resized).jpg
IMG_0711_(resized).JPG
IMG_0708_(resized).JPG
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

Ok, who bought the Sing Along in Michigan on ebay with the $375 BIN?
<blockquote cite="#2797643"

ebay.com link: Sing Along Gottlieb PINBALL MACHINE For Parts or Repair

Need a backglass for it?

#52 8 years ago

I hit these guys today. Only 12 more to go.

mainpin
mikeymoo
mitchelwb
neverbrd
particlebox
pauley
pinballprowess
pinballtom
pins4vr
pinsforfun

#53 8 years ago

Good work Matt!

#54 8 years ago

There's also the Mr. Pinball Pinball Collector Register: http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tpcr/search_tpcr.html (search machine in collection = Sing Along).

There's a mix of domestic and international hobbyists here. One of the older sites that's been around a long time thanks to Daina. Lots of duplications across various pinball sites I'm sure but might be worth a try. Contact info. may be a little sketchy on this one also. Landlines and AOL were probably popular when this site went online.

#55 8 years ago

You're welcome, Hoov.

Mr. Pinball reminds of the old BBS days and 300 baud Hayes modems, but for sure some good nuggets there. I'll check it out.

Today's batch on pinballowners.com:

printis
ricjas
rudy1951
rugbyprop
snafu
t lawson
timr720
tommyc
twindavid

#56 8 years ago

Thanks again Matt!

Looking for No. 9! He's out there somewhere

#57 8 years ago

Just spammed 44 addresses from Mr. Pinball. About 20% were bad (so far), so not too bad. Sorry if you're getting multiple messages. It's for a good cause!

Anybody other Sing Along owner leads??? (rubs hands together )

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Anybody other Sing Along owner leads??? (rubs hands together )

I sent a pm to prock in Canada to see if he had any interest. He was looking for a back door for his Sing Along on the em parts wanted thread. Not sure if it was the one on ebay that was sold near Detroit for $375 BIN recently. Nothing from rgp yet........

#59 8 years ago

You might hit up the admins on the pinball serial number db to see if they'd put out an alert to the 38 submitters there...

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

You might hit up the admins on the pinball serial number db to see if they'd put out an alert to the 38 submitters there...

Good idea.....

#61 8 years ago

I think you can count me in. My SA backglass is actually in pretty good shape, but Webb's repros are fantastic, and I wouldn't mind installing a perfect new one.

Matt

#62 8 years ago

Thanks for being No. 9 Matt! You're correct - Ron makes excellent backglasses (and so does Shay) and Sing Along is one game worth the investment!

#63 8 years ago

Looking for No. 10! Need only 3 more names.

#64 8 years ago

EM sent to the last three @ pinballowners.com:

wonkabar
wvpinball
yoalpster

Got a few responses so far, but people either already have a Webb rescreen, are not interested, or want to sell their machine(s)...

#65 8 years ago

Thanks again Matt! Nice work.

#66 8 years ago

Bump for a great game.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#67 8 years ago

I would love a new backglass, but my playfield and cabinet are not that great. It would be like putting lipstick on a pig, well maybe not that bad. Cab is flaking off on the head pretty bad and playfield is worn in the usual spots. The only good thing is that Webb is only a couple miles from me, so no shipping. Toms River NJ right?

I'll think about it....unless someone can give me a real compelling reason to do it, just not sure it's worth it.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from tengle93:

I would love a new backglass, but my playfield and cabinet are not that great. It would be like putting lipstick on a pig, well maybe not that bad. Cab is flaking off on the head pretty bad and playfield is worn in the usual spots. The only good thing is that Webb is only a couple miles from me, so no shipping. Toms River NJ right?
I'll think about it....unless someone can give me a real compelling reason to do it, just not sure it's worth it.

Cabs can be repainted...and occasionally a Wade Krauss pf comes up on ebay. Ready to sink 1200 into her to get a very nice game?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from tengle93:

I'll think about it....unless someone can give me a real compelling reason to do it, just not sure it's worth it.</blockquote

Send boilerman a pm (he's on Pinside) and get an estimate on what it would cost to re-paint your cabinet - he has painted a lot of cab's and does good work. He is located on Cochranville, PA, which isn't too bad of a drive for you. Look for a Wade Krauss pf or buy another Sing Along with a good pf (and maybe better cab) and swap parts and sell what's left.

Something to consider..........

#70 8 years ago

Ok, someone help me get this playfield plastic and if I can pickup from Webb then I'm in!

#71 8 years ago

Pinball Rescue did plastics I believe.

#72 8 years ago

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Sing_Along.html

If I end up buying a set I would be happy to sell you my old set, which is in good condition. It will be spring probably before I am ready to do that though.

#73 8 years ago

I could use at least one. I own 2 Sing Alongs. One with a Wade Krause playfield installed and another that I play often. Very fun game.

#74 8 years ago

Add me to the list for a Sing Along backglass.

#75 8 years ago

I was so busy eating turkey and watching football today that I didn't realize:

We now have 10 committed! Thanks Electrocute - awesome.

We only need 2 more and I'll contact Ron Webb!

#76 8 years ago

I'm in, make that 11

#77 8 years ago

I really want this. Put me down for 2 which should do it!

#78 8 years ago

Fantastic!

Thanks tengle93 and Electrocute!

What do you guys think? If everyone wanting a Sing Along glass pm'd me with your name, e-mail address, home address, and phone I could build a list of 12 commitments and pass along to Ron Webb. I will not share the info. with anyone. If you would rather not share your info. with me we would have to contact Ron direct. That will mean Ron will have to build the list (he already has some names). Let me know what you guys would rather do. I'm just happy we got enough names!

#79 8 years ago

PM sent with my info

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Fantastic!
Thanks tengle93 and Electrocute!
What do you guys think? If everyone wanting a Sing Along glass pm'd me with your name, e-mail address, home address, and phone I could build a list of 12 commitments and pass along to Ron Webb. I will not share the info. with anyone. If you would rather not share your info. with me we would have to contact Ron direct. That will mean Ron will have to build the list (he already has some names). Let me know what you guys would rather do. I'm just happy we got enough names!

Happy Thanksgiving Hoov!

#82 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Ken!

#83 8 years ago

PM sent.

#84 8 years ago

pm sent

#85 8 years ago

Update guys:

I have contact info for 10 backglasses - thanks for the replys!

Waiting to hear back from Sing_Along and a friend of pinhead52's before I get in touch with Ron.

#86 8 years ago

Update guys:

I have contact info. for 11 backglasses (thanks to pinhead52's buddy).

Waiting to hear back from one more - Sing_Along. 2nd pm sent.

#87 8 years ago

SA owners,

Hijacking the thread with Hoov's permission.

Does the MUSIC sign on the bg light only at game over, and does it have flashers?

Dan

#88 8 years ago

Long shot but does anyone know a new Pinsider - Sing_Along - his first name is Matt? He's the only one that hasn't got back to me to get on our bg list. I'm going to send my list to Ron Webb with 11 names and tell him about Matt but I also wanted to ask here first to see if anyone knew of him.

#89 8 years ago

Update:

E-mail sent to Ron Webb tonight with contact info. for 11 of the 12 backglasses needed - still waiting to hear back from Sing_Along. Maybe Ron can add a name from his list to ours. Updates to follow - waiting to hear back from Ron.

#90 8 years ago

Good luck to you guys I've got a melody with a webb glass and a good PF without the KO tears or planking. Taking my time too a rush job is just wasted time. Got my tumbler all set up I'll start with the posts and work up to the shooter lane hardware. Told the wife I need a buffing wheel and I got the "more tools " sigh

#91 8 years ago

Update from Ron - here's where we're at:

Dave,
Will get things going this week, procedure is as follows:
Get approval from Gottlieb
Contact screener to get put on schedule
Will let you know as things progress

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Told the wife I need a buffing wheel and I got the "more tools " sigh

What I do is wait until my wife wants something for herself then tell her I'll get something for myself too (pinball parts/tools) equal value to what she's getting.

Good luck with the repro guys. It's a nice game.

Bruce

#93 8 years ago

Thanks for the update Hoov! Looks like it's happening.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

SA owners,
Hijacking the thread with Hoov's permission.
Does the MUSIC sign on the bg light only at game over, and does it have flashers?
Dan

Mine didn't have flashers in the MUSIC sign. If I remember the YT video of Vic Camp's SA, neither does he. I did put flashers in the SING ALONG logo after seeing that video. Mine didn't have them, and I liked the look, but no idea if it's original.

I've never seen MUSIC light up except for game over. Need to check schematic to be sure though.

#94 8 years ago

Music only lights at game over

#95 8 years ago

Update:

Ron got permission today from Gottlieb to make another run of Sing Along backglasses - this is good news.

I'll update again when we get a date set from the screener.

#96 8 years ago

Awesome, really great news!

#97 8 years ago

Excellent news!

Just out of curiosity, would Gottlieb even deny permission to an up-to-snuff repro part maker???

#98 8 years ago

Awesome!!!

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Excellent news!
Just out of curiosity, would Gottlieb even deny permission to an up-to-snuff repro part maker???

For an established reproduction guy like Ron Webb its a formality. Ron needs to send a glass to them for proofing and then PBR usually sells it.

3 weeks later
#100 8 years ago

any inkling or time frame here? im not being impatient, just i have about 3 or 4 games in the queue and if its going to be a few monnths i may put singalong on the back burner or at least move it down.. mines fully working, and im debating on doing a quick clean light and rubber replacement until later. games dont get played a lot but i think id love to do a full refurb on the pf knowing the glass was there for the final touch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sing-along-backglass-official-list-of-those-needing-a-webb-screrepro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.