(Topic ID: 133024)

Gottleib Melody

By insearchofspace

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

A Melody that I have been working on does not score an extra ball for lighting 1-4 in a color. Any ideas? It also clears out the lit numbers from the kickout if 3 or more are lit, but not 1 or 2. Is this correct? Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 8 years ago

On Sing Along:

Nothing special happens when you light 1-2-3-4, but once you do light that, the hole will start occasionally lighting for a replay. The randomization comes from the match stepper, which is activated by the slingshots and bumpers. When you land in a lit hole, you should get a knock and a replay. There are no extra ball opportunities.

Once you light a number, it should always remain lit for the rest of the game. The only thing that could reset this would be a reset of the big relay banks in the cabinet and on the bottom of the playfield.

#3 8 years ago

Whoops! I meant to say Melody. Will change original post!

#4 8 years ago

Ok. So Let me see if I understand the problems you are encountering on your Gottlieb Melody.

Problem #1: Add A Ball reward not working properly

Issue: When all four lights are lit for a color, the game does not award an extra ball when the ball activates the saucer.

Problem #2: Numbers are reset prematurely
Issue: When 3+ numbers are lit solid for any color, the numbers are cleared out when a ball activates the saucer. While this is expected when all 4 numbers are lit, it is not expected when 3 out of 4 are lit.

Are these the problems you are having with your Melody?

Marcus

#5 8 years ago

You've got it! Sorry if the original was unclear.

#6 8 years ago

Ok. So the next question is ... "Do you have a schematic?" If the answer is yes, then we can use the schematic to help troubleshoot the problem. If the answer is no, then you need to contact Pinball Resource and buy one.

Problem #1: Add A Ball reward not working properly

Issue: When all four lights are lit for a color, the game does not award an extra ball when the ball activates the saucer

Suggestion: First, determine if this is happening with EVERY Color or if it is only happening with some colors. Then make sure your ball count unit is clean and the solenoid/coil is mechanically sound. The problem is most likely caused by a dirty switch in the switch stack beneath the ball capture saucer. If you have the schematic, you can trace the path from the switch stack to the ball count unit and figure out if something else along the path is causing the problem.

Problem #2: Numbers are reset prematurely

Issue: When 3+ numbers are lit solid for any color, the numbers are cleared out when a ball activates the saucer. While this is expected when all 4 numbers are lit, it is not expected when 3 out of 4 are lit.

Suggestion: First determine if this is happening with EVERY Color or if it is only happening with some colors. Then do some testing. Light 1-2-4, and see if it resets. Then try every combination, i.e. 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3-4, 2-3-4, and see if the problem occurs for every variation. This will help you hone in on the real problem. My guess is that one of your switches is shorting against another, thus causing the "false" reset.

Good luck!

Marcus

#7 8 years ago

May have to break down and buy the schematic, that was the next step if no one here could help. Ball count unit is fine, switches under the saucers are clean. It intermittently awards the extra ball on white. It also intermittently resets the numbers. Your suggestion on troubleshooting this looks good, I'll do that next time I'm working. Thanks for the suggestions!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sing-along and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.