Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by the4horse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Sinbad has one em chime coil(A-5195) instead of the ss chime coil(A-17876) in the 1000's chime.
I know it's half the resistance of the other coils so is striking the plate harder...do I need to replace it or will it be fine?

#2 9 years ago

If it's striking too hard, I'd replace it. It's eventually going to damage the chime bar if it hasn't already. And overheating is bad.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If it's striking too hard, I'd replace it. It's eventually going to damage the chime bar if it hasn't already. And overheating is bad.

I've put a couple of layers of lockdown bar beer seal foam under the chime bar where it strikes and loosened it off 'till I get a replacement coil.

#4 9 years ago

I wonder how high the plunger would shoot up in the air if you removed the bar

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wonder how high the plunger would shoot up in the air if you removed the bar

Bet someone's tried it

2 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

I replaced the coil with the original one...all good now. I put self adhesive felt under the plungers and the chimes are sounding sweet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-wrong-chime-coil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.