Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

1978 Sinbad Pin Ball worked great for 30 years. It started acting funny a few years ago. I had a certified repairman go through it to completely get it back in working order. Had a new Ni-Wumpf CPU installed,new Gottlieb System 1 power supply installed, new "S" cable, and changed bad pins. After all of these repairs, the pinball started to randomly tilt. There was no shaking or bumping of the machine. Tilting occurred with gentle play. It appeared that there may have been a problem with the slam tilt circuit so the CPU was sent back to Ni-Wumpf for testing. They put a scope on the board and looked for poor circuit function, degraded logic levels and edge sloppiness but everything looked perfect. They even put it in a Sinbad machine that they had at the shop and it worked perfectly. The suggestion they provided was that the problem was probably isolated to the game itself in wiring or connections. My repairman took the game back to his shop and the game would play fine for a few games and then would tilt for no reason. I want my Sinbad back. Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

#2 4 years ago

I had this problem on a Joker Poker I worked on. The problem ended up being a bad pin in the cabinet connector on the bottom of the MPU. The pin wasn't broken, but it was so fatigued there was no spring in it to give it proper tension against the board edge connector.

2 weeks later
#3 3 years ago

Thank you for your advice.

#4 3 years ago

Who (What organization) offers certification as a pinball repair person?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-tilts-randomly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.