Power board.jpg
cpu.jpg
inside backbox.jpg
left.jpg
Backglass2.jpg
Playfield.jpg
Coin door.jpg
right sinbad.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago

Crap I'm too late! The MPU needs -12V (coils could lock on if that is weak or not present). The flipper coils, pop bumpers, sling shots are independent of the MPU and driver board so there is a very good reason they will all work just fine. If work was done on the pop bumpers re-assembly is tricky, under no circumstances can the leaf that supplies the 24V to the coil be in contact with the other leaf switch on the same assembly which supplies the signal to the MPU that a point is to be given (Chip Z8 I believe it is will fry, if your lucky that's all).

The Power board is not entirely original, Cap C1 was replaced from it's original 2900uF, as well a radial was installed on C2 (3) instead of the original axial. I refurbish those www.pinheads-pinball.com I offer a kit (it's a crappy website I know so don't comment on that lol)

At any rate please, PLEASE do no throw the old boards away. keep them in the cabinet or ship them out for repair. Coin-op Cauldron is my choice if it's over my head, Clive is fast and reasonable.

#43 9 years ago

I am envious because that pascal board I hear is top banana, I understand Tony's complaint. System 1 here in my location is still quite lively with 3 machines I maintain for friends in my circle alone so I'm pretty lucky in that way, funny that Sinbad is one of them! Take care and enjoy Sinbad my friend

#51 9 years ago

Fuses in the cabinet? for not a single one to work there probably isn't power to them, should be present ready to fire.

#53 9 years ago

If you look at this pic, all those coils have something in common, 24VDC.

Bottom board.jpgBottom board.jpg

#56 9 years ago

I forgot it's brand new board..

#58 9 years ago

Sounds like a short because the original problem isn't solved. The switch stack for the tilt, check for a problem on each switch with a DMM.

Good luck though, and make sure the GI and other sources of power aren't mixed with coil voltage. And make sure the paper is still present for the coin mechs. little things like that.

#60 9 years ago

Unplug the coils from the pascal board and see if it boots up now. 2.4 Ohms is low but that might not be your problem(s).

Just de-solder the knocker coil for now, you might find other things to replace as well.

#61 9 years ago

I feel like other coils previously locked on, possible source of the original problem might have originated from the MPU. Once you send those original boards out for inspection a full forensic analysis will uncover what actually happened. An autopsy report from the pro will outline what you need to look at and fix before the pascal board blows up as well which i sure as hell hope hasn't happened already....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sinbad-startup-problem?tu=Nighthawk128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.